Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Nov 28, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #6,166 of 6,459
I continue to be amazed by how good the Vygarde is for its price. I love the Drausk as well, but they are both great tools for different purposes, and the list above is a stellar for your needs.

Trevor’s ability to balance the benefits of the two metals is a real gift. I hope to add a Skollvar down the road if I buy another headphone (such as an LCD-3).
This is great, thank you. I have the copper cable from ZMF and, although I like it a lot, when I listen with the Audeze cable, it has that ever so slight clarity and soundstage expansion as well as a tad more even in the bass when I've compared it to the ZMF copper. I seem to be preferring that consistently.

Seems we have a similar taste in headphones. My favorite Audeze is the LCD3 and looks like we both jumped on Hot Cup Summer part II from ZMF!

Nov 29, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #6,168 of 6,459
It's Trevor's latest update to Skollvar. It is a hybrid cable, 50-50 silver and copper with 17.3awg in gauge equivalent. It is terminated to 4pin XLR with Eidolic connector and I got matching adapter as well (4-pin xlr to 6.3mm).
from Trevor’s website i do not read it as 50-50 copper and silver:

“two different conductors per each polarity (one copper occ litz and one fusion with 50% silver/50% copper occ litz).”

so half is copper and the other half is a mix/fusion (ie not only silver in the second half)

Nov 29, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #6,169 of 6,459

“two different conductors per each polarity (one copper occ litz and one fusion with 50% silver/50% copper occ litz).”

so half is copper and the other half is a mix/fusion (ie not only silver in the second half)
Which would make sense- adding a lot more silver would cost a lot more, and Trevor has a gift for balancing the benefits of a copper and silver mix.

(Side note: I believe from the looks of it, the previously-sold Einvaldi Reference is pretty exactly 50/50 OCC silver and OCC copper - and much more expensive as a result, with a pretty “fast” (ie immediate transients) and clear sound)

Dec 2, 2022 at 4:54 AM Post #6,170 of 6,459

Not sure if my Skollvar V2 is the same with the one on his website, but Trevor mentioned in the email that my custom cable is made in 12-wire configuration with 50% 20awg OCC silver and 50% 20awg OCC copper which adds up to 17.3awg total.

Dec 2, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #6,171 of 6,459
Has anyone heard from Trevor via email lately? He is normally very responsive but hasn't replied to some email I sent about some pending orders quite a while ago. Perhaps he is on vacation? I had placed an order for the Drausk 17.6AWG just before it went out of stock and wanted to know if he was going to be able to fulfill it or if I need to reorder it with the Drausk v2 Lite.

Dec 2, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #6,172 of 6,459
Has anyone heard from Trevor via email lately? He is normally very responsive but hasn't replied to some email I sent about some pending orders quite a while ago. Perhaps he is on vacation? I had placed an order for the Drausk 17.6AWG just before it went out of stock and wanted to know if he was going to be able to fulfill it or if I need to reorder it with the Drausk v2 Lite.

He's busy trying to fulfill all the influx of orders from Black Friday. Even on a regular week he usually answers emails once a day at odd hours. He's going to take longer to respond due to the amount of orders he just received this past week but he will answer you in due time, just be patient, he's a one man show.

Dec 2, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #6,174 of 6,459
I have a Norne Vygarde cable need to re termination. But I contacted Trevor 3 or 4 times already but no reply. It's been over 2 or 3 weeks now since I contacted him. Anyone know anyone can do that ? Very bad customer service.
Tervor is a one (ok, two) man shop, and it's the holiday season, his biggest of the year. It probably slipped through the cracks. Which email address are you using to contact him?

Dec 2, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #6,175 of 6,459
Tervor is a one (ok, two) man shop, and it's the holiday season, his biggest of the year. It probably slipped through the cracks. Which email address are you using to contact him?
First email I sent him on 10/25,3 more after that a few days. I sent it via norneaudio@gmail.com and on and i used the contact on website too. I sent a few emails to this one before to ask him when I ordered a Vygarde cable for my Atrium. He was very nice and helpful. After done, it just like this, no reply at all. First I asked him about the discount code that he mentioned because I wanted to order a cable for my TH900 MK2 Pearl White and need help with the options. After that I asked for re termination for my Vygrade because I just bought Wa22 amp. Well no reply at all after 4 emails. Thats why my Vygarde is up on sell right now. Even I really like it. Just really bad service, I dont want to keep it.

Dec 2, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #6,176 of 6,459
First email I sent him on 10/25,3 more after that a few days. I sent it via norneaudio@gmail.com and on and i used the contact on website too. I sent a few emails to this one before to ask him when I ordered a Vygarde cable for my Atrium. He was very nice and helpful. After done, it just like this, no reply at all. First I asked him about the discount code that he mentioned because I wanted to order a cable for my TH900 MK2 Pearl White and need help with the options. After that I asked for re termination for my Vygrade because I just bought Wa22 amp. Well no reply at all after 4 emails. Thats why my Vygarde is up on sell right now. Even I really like it. Just really bad service, I dont want to keep it.
You have the correct email, sometimes things get stuck in his spam filter for no reason too. I've had that happen (don't use the form on the website, he doesn't monitor that as often). I would suggest sending a new email (don't reply to the original one in case that is lost in the spam folder), or pinging him here at @TigzStudio

He is very responsive but this is a busy time of year for him. He has great customer service and a quality product. If you rely don't want to keep the cable though you can sell it pretty easily on the classifieds, they don't last long there as his cables are in such high demand. (what do you need it re-terminated to btw?)

He's got a lot of orders to fill from black Friday so something like a re-termination may seem simple enough but his Black Friday orders are taking priority right now. Just be patient, the wait is worth it my friend.

Dec 2, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #6,177 of 6,459
I contacted him from 10/25 and 3 more after that a few days. Did he run BF deal at that time ? And its not only one email. I wanted to change from 6.3mm to XLR to used with my Wa22 and purchase another cable for my TH900 but I need help with sleeves options. He was really nice and I was really like him and his cable. But after my last 4 emails.....

Dec 2, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #6,178 of 6,459
Like we've said before - he's a small business and gmail sometimes sends people (not just individual emails) to the black hole. Hit him up again, I'm sure he'll respond. Patience is the price we pay for quality these days.

Dec 2, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #6,179 of 6,459
Hey everyone, thank you for the patience on slower emails the past few days. I am working right now at getting
to any emails that were missed. I appreciate the patience greatly on my end.

Dec 2, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #6,180 of 6,459
I contacted him from 10/25 and 3 more after that a few days. Did he run BF deal at that time ?
Hung, PM set, definitely it seems like your emails were getting missed somehow so I will figure out why.

Users who are viewing this thread

• tdx
Back