Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Nov 23, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #6,136 of 6,466
Trevor also has very high quality hyper short adapters. I leave mine in the amp all the time and when I want to use the 6.3 rather than 4.4 termination I just plug the cable into the adapter already seated in the amp. Very functional

Nov 25, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #6,138 of 6,466
Anyone else seeing no sign of deals on the site yet?
He's on the West Coast (and pretty much a one man show). Give him some time.

Nov 25, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #6,139 of 6,466
Anyone else seeing no sign of deals on the site yet?
A Skollvar V2 appeared and dissappeared a few times but nothing more yet.
However in his timezone there is still plenty of time

Nov 25, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #6,140 of 6,466
Hey all. I'm looking to get a Norne cable but need a recommendation. I love my ZMF headphones best with my Audeze black and white cable, but I'm selling that with my LCD4. Anyone know an equivalent or even better version from Norne?

Nov 25, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #6,141 of 6,466
Hey all. I'm looking to get a Norne cable but need a recommendation. I love my ZMF headphones best with my Audeze black and white cable, but I'm selling that with my LCD4. Anyone know an equivalent or even better version from Norne?

The black and white Audeze premium cable is a hybrid so I would recommend a Vygarde. (This is a Vygarde next to a Premium Audeze copper cable for reference)

4DFC3C33-C116-486F-9578-F752B9A315D1.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #6,142 of 6,466
The black and white Audeze premium cable is a hybrid so I would recommend a Vygarde. (This is a Vygarde next to a Premium Audeze copper cable for reference)

4DFC3C33-C116-486F-9578-F752B9A315D1.jpeg
Sweet! After doing my own research, that's what I was thinking too so glad your recommendation matched up with that. Thank you! How do you like yours vs the Audeze?

Nov 25, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #6,143 of 6,466
Valid options/upgrades would be
3. Vygarde
2. Skollvar
1. Vykari (if available)

Maybe he has someth limited like Drausk Fusion which would probsbly rank similar to Skollvar.

Nov 25, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #6,144 of 6,466
Sweet! After doing my own research, that's what I was thinking too so glad your recommendation matched up with that. Thank you! How do you like yours vs the Audeze?
Vygarde is hands down a better cable, but silver isn't an option for my LCD-5. I actually went with a FAW Noir HPC Mk2 to replace my stock cable for my LCD-5 (and an extension) since I use it with both my V550 Pro (XLR) and Pendant SE (6.3mm). If I hadn't bought the Pendant SE recently I probably would have stuck with the Premium Audeze Cable for my LCD-5.

Nov 25, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #6,145 of 6,466
Valid options/upgrades would be
3. Vygarde
2. Skollvar
1. Vykari (if available)

Maybe he has someth limited like Drausk Fusion which would probsbly rank similar to Skollvar.
I continue to be amazed by how good the Vygarde is for its price. I love the Drausk as well, but they are both great tools for different purposes, and the list above is a stellar for your needs.

Trevor’s ability to balance the benefits of the two metals is a real gift. I hope to add a Skollvar down the road if I buy another headphone (such as an LCD-3).

Nov 25, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #6,146 of 6,466
Drausk v2 lite is up

Nov 25, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #6,148 of 6,466
The sound signature of these cables are hard find. Anyone know what the Drausk lineup is known for?
Based on using my “regular” Drausk (extra-thick early version) with a number of headphones (LCD-XC, Stellia, Eikon, Auteur), to my ears it has a clear OCC copper signature: Organic/“present” sound with a warm tilt and deeper bass presence.

(In contrast, Trevor’s fusion copper/silver cables are more detailed, with more emphasis on speedier transients, slightly more mid-to-treble emphasis, but absolutely without harshness. The most “extreme” example I have of that is the Einvaldi Reference, which is no longer made due to the high cost of OCC silver.)

Nov 25, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #6,149 of 6,466
The sound signature of these cables are hard find. Anyone know what the Drausk lineup is known for?

@TigzStudio can speak to the more nuanced differences between a Drausk, Drausk Lite & Drausk Lite (v2) based on wire gauge and cable geometry, but in general the copper cables such as Drausk will have a warmer presentation, musical and engaging with a deep textured bass

Pure silver or Hybrid cables (such as a Vygarde or Skollvar) will be more detailed, analytical with crisp extended highs and a fast attack. If your headphones already lean bright like an LCD-5 pure copper has better synergy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back