Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Sep 7, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #6,077 of 6,511
This is how the new ones look.
I think I prefer the look of the old ones actually.

Attachments

• _Eidolic-4-pin-xlr-rhodium-plated-te-cu-tecu-tellurium-copper-connector-01a.png
    _Eidolic-4-pin-xlr-rhodium-plated-te-cu-tecu-tellurium-copper-connector-01a.png
    297.2 KB · Views: 0
Sep 12, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #6,078 of 6,511
I was really impressed with a Vygarde I recently acquired so I wanted to try another cable from Norne, this time the Drausk.
Thank you Trevor!

drausk_b.png

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #6,079 of 6,511
I was really impressed with a Vygarde I recently acquired so I wanted to try another cable from Norne, this time the Drausk.
Thank you Trevor!

drausk_b.png
Both fantastic cables. Congratulations!

Sep 23, 2022 at 1:54 AM Post #6,080 of 6,511
In the distant future, I will be picking up a new cable but in 4 pin XLR to pair with ZMF VC/Eikon/possibly more ZMF. I am curious how the Vygarde compares to FAW's Noir Hybrid, can someone help elaborate on differences in sound, feel, rigidity, etc?

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2022 at 6:19 AM Post #6,081 of 6,511
In the distant future, I will be picking up a new cable but in 4 pin XLR to pair with ZMF VC/Eikon/possibly more ZMF. I am curious how the Vygarde compares to FAW's Noir Hybrid, can someone help elaborate on differences in sound, feel, rigidity, etc?
Won't comment on the sound as I don't own the Vygarde or Noir Hybrid HPC, but I did own a Noir mk2 HPC and currently have a Noir Hybrid adapter cable (as well as some other FAW interconnects).

The FAW cables are very nice for the price, and Matt is nice to deal with. As I said, I've had a bunch of their cables and I really can't say anything bad about them. They are nice cables if you are trying to limit your spending (especially if you are in Europe, though I suppose with the current dollar prices...). They are nice to use and they feel soft to the touch, though I never did like their splitter, which is a bit too large for my preference, even if it looks nice. At their price they usually compete with stock cables from manufacturers, and for the same money I would always go with FAW.

The Norne cables are really a step up in my opinion though. The sleeves used by Trevor aren't quite as soft, but look better and feel more solid. Though this is helped also by the fact that Norne really fill out their sleeves with thicker cables, at least for the ones I have (a sleeved Skollvar and Vykari), while the FAW sleeves clearly has some give in it. The black of the Norne cables is also darker then the FAW sleeve, which you won't really notice until you see them side by side, but once you do the FAW sleeve seems a bit washed out and makes the Norne look much more premium. In terms of flexibility, I would say the FAW cables are bit more flexible, though only because the cables themselves are thinner, which makes them a bit lighter, though the splitter weighs it down again. My sleeved Norne cables are all chunky 17.3 AWG ones and I really don't have any complaints about them, though I'm partial to the hefty feel they have. The Vygarde would likely be much closer to the FAW options in terms of flexibility and weight since it is a smaller gauge.

In my opinion, if you are willing to pay the premium, the Vygarde is the better option all around. On top of everything I mentioned above, with Norne you also get the option to choose the look of your sleeve and splitter and just create a really cool look or match it to your headphones. I can't say enough good things about the metallic tracers they use in some of their sleeves either. I have never been let down by Trevor and I can honestly say that regardless of any change in sound, his cables will upgrade your headphone experience and are worth the money for that alone, in my opinion.

Sep 28, 2022 at 12:18 AM Post #6,082 of 6,511
After couple delays by Fedex, it's finally here. Norne Audio Vygarde! This is not the first time I ordered from Trevor but damn, I'm still amazed on the workmanship and the feel of his cables. Many thanks to Trevor for his patience in dealing with all my questions and his recommendations in getting the look I want @TigzStudio. One of the very few people I have pleasure to deal with in this hobby.

Attachments

• IMG_E0762.JPG
    IMG_E0762.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Sep 28, 2022 at 12:27 AM Post #6,083 of 6,511
After couple delays by Fedex, it's finally here. Norne Audio Vygarde! This is not the first time I ordered from Trevor but damn, I'm still amazed on the workmanship and the feel of his cables. Many thanks to Trevor for his patience in dealing with all my questions and his recommendations in getting the look I want @TigzStudio. One of the very few people I have pleasure to deal with in this hobby.
Such a great cable, congratulations! I use mine with the OG Auteur with great results.

Sep 28, 2022 at 3:36 AM Post #6,084 of 6,511
Such a great cable, congratulations! I use mine with the OG Auteur with great results.
Thanks! I spent few hours going back and forth between the ZMF OFC cable and this just now. I'm 80% sure there's better clarity and small improvement of imaging with Vygarde or it could be just a placebo :beyersmile:

Sep 28, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #6,085 of 6,511
It looks like a great match for the headphone. Just curious, what length is it?

Sep 28, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #6,086 of 6,511
I spent few hours going back and forth between the ZMF OFC cable and this just now. I'm 80% sure there's better clarity and small improvement of imaging with Vygarde or it could be just a placebo
Just plug your Vygarde in and run it exclusively for a couple weeks or more. Not just to break it in a bit but also to familiarize yourself with it with your system and across your library. Then after that try the ZMF cable again. Any differences to either cables favor will be more apparent and convincing, then judge. I suspect the Vygarde is plugged back in and the other cable gets put away as a spare.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #6,087 of 6,511
It looks like a great match for the headphone. Just curious, what length is it?
Mine is 5ft. The standard options from the drop down menu are 4ft, 5ft, 6ft, 7ft, 8ft, or 10ft but I'm sure Trevor can customize this to your specific length if needed be.

Sep 28, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #6,088 of 6,511
I suspect the Vygarde is plugged back in and the other cable gets put away as a spare.
No doubt. I already put the other cable back in the case :beyersmile:. Next one in order is to try this cable with my VO. This will be a magical weekend :gs1000smile:.

Oct 11, 2022 at 7:02 PM Post #6,090 of 6,511
Got my first Norne cable (after stock Focal failed). So far, so good. Trevor was great - we exchanged at least a dozen emails dialing in my requirements. Highly recommended!

Specs below:
Drausk Lite (original) - 8-wire (equiv. 4 x 20.8awg) - Pure copper occ litz - TPU / textile sleeves - cotton core
Options:
- Headphone Type: Focal Stellia - 3.5mm TRS rhodium (new Silver barrel)
- Cable Termination: Eidolic 3.5mm TRS rhodium (new Silver barrel)
- Length: 5 ft.
- Drausk Lite Sleeve Choice: Brown with copper metallic single tracer (x2) + Brown/Black stripe (x2)
- Premium Splitter Options (optional): (new) Dark Bronze with silver inlay

Attachments

• PXL_20221011_225646501.jpg
    PXL_20221011_225646501.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back