Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Oct 12, 2022 at 2:04 AM Post #6,091 of 6,509
Got my first Norne cable (after stock Focal failed). So far, so good. Trevor was great - we exchanged at least a dozen emails dialing in my requirements. Highly recommended!

Specs below:
Drausk Lite (original) - 8-wire (equiv. 4 x 20.8awg) - Pure copper occ litz - TPU / textile sleeves - cotton core
Options:
- Headphone Type: Focal Stellia - 3.5mm TRS rhodium (new Silver barrel)
- Cable Termination: Eidolic 3.5mm TRS rhodium (new Silver barrel)
- Length: 5 ft.
- Drausk Lite Sleeve Choice: Brown with copper metallic single tracer (x2) + Brown/Black stripe (x2)
- Premium Splitter Options (optional): (new) Dark Bronze with silver inlay
Congrats @IvanE92. Norne cables are of best quality and not priced in the stratosphere as some competitor cables are. Also as you point out corresponding with Trevor is part of the fun: always enjoyable, collaborative and even when delays happen it's ALWAYS worth the wait. Great guy, great product.

Oct 21, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #6,092 of 6,509
Got my first Norne cable (after stock Focal failed). So far, so good. Trevor was great - we exchanged at least a dozen emails dialing in my requirements. Highly recommended!

Specs below:
Drausk Lite (original) - 8-wire (equiv. 4 x 20.8awg) - Pure copper occ litz - TPU / textile sleeves - cotton core
Options:
- Headphone Type: Focal Stellia - 3.5mm TRS rhodium (new Silver barrel)
- Cable Termination: Eidolic 3.5mm TRS rhodium (new Silver barrel)
- Length: 5 ft.
- Drausk Lite Sleeve Choice: Brown with copper metallic single tracer (x2) + Brown/Black stripe (x2)
- Premium Splitter Options (optional): (new) Dark Bronze with silver inlay

Nice looking Drausk Lite!

I just put the finishing touches on a new Vygarde with Trevor this morning for my Gold Resin VO and aesthetically it’s going to be very similar. Hope to have some photos up soon.

Oct 22, 2022 at 12:31 AM Post #6,093 of 6,509
Nice looking Drausk Lite!

I just put the finishing touches on a new Vygarde with Trevor this morning for my Gold Resin VO and aesthetically it’s going to be very similar. Hope to have some photos up soon.
The Vygarde is an excellent cable- I have mine “pinch-hitting” for my Einvaldi while it’s in for retermination with Trevor, and being used with my VC. It works really, really well with it. I’m truly impressed how good it is for the price.

Oct 23, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #6,094 of 6,509
Been a long time lurker in the forum and finally decided to make an account not so long ago...

I've heard so many good things about Norne cable so I decided to pull the trigger and got myself my first Norne cable (Skollvar v2)! Compared to the stock cable that came with the Focal Utopia, it is definitely a noticeable upgrade in terms of comfort and sound.

The cable is thick (Trevor did tell me about this) but it is so soft and flexible. The build quality is definitely top notch and the attention to detail is really apparent.

Sonically, I heard a noticeable improvement in the timbre of my Utopia. Instruments and vocals sound more organic and have more weight in them. IMHO, Utopia can sound a tad bit too sharp at times with the stock cable, but with the Skollvar it sounds ever so lush while extending the detail even more. I feel the layering and sound stage has improved as well. Overall, it still sounds unmistakably like a Utopia but just better in everyway (without ever being sibilant).

Definitely recommend Norne and Trevor for anyone looking for upgrade cables!

P.S. would love to post pictures but I don't know how to upload the pics as there is no upload button on my site

Oct 23, 2022 at 8:39 AM Post #6,095 of 6,509
Been a long time lurker in the forum and finally decided to make an account not so long ago...

I've heard so many good things about Norne cable so I decided to pull the trigger and got myself my first Norne cable (Skollvar v2)! Compared to the stock cable that came with the Focal Utopia, it is definitely a noticeable upgrade in terms of comfort and sound.

The cable is thick (Trevor did tell me about this) but it is so soft and flexible. The build quality is definitely top notch and the attention to detail is really apparent.

Sonically, I heard a noticeable improvement in the timbre of my Utopia. Instruments and vocals sound more organic and have more weight in them. IMHO, Utopia can sound a tad bit too sharp at times with the stock cable, but with the Skollvar it sounds ever so lush while extending the detail even more. I feel the layering and sound stage has improved as well. Overall, it still sounds unmistakably like a Utopia but just better in everyway (without ever being sibilant).

Definitely recommend Norne and Trevor for anyone looking for upgrade cables!

P.S. would love to post pictures but I don't know how to upload the pics as there is no upload button on my site
Use the "Attach files" button at the bottom left.

1666528780313.png

Oct 23, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #6,096 of 6,509
Use the "Attach files" button at the bottom left.

1666528780313.png

For some mysterious reason the button was not there previously, but now it shows up. Thanks for the info!

As promised, here are some pics :)

Attachments

• IMG_4973 1.jpg
    IMG_4973 1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4975 1.jpg
    IMG_4975 1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4974 1.jpg
    IMG_4974 1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Oct 23, 2022 at 10:12 AM Post #6,097 of 6,509
What cables are on the softest and lightest side from Norne? Might be hidden in the pages here, but can not see to find a good answer.

Oct 23, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #6,098 of 6,509
For some mysterious reason the button was not there previously, but now it shows up. Thanks for the info!

As promised, here are some pics :)
What are the specs?
Gauge? Copper/Silver ratio?

Oct 23, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #6,099 of 6,509
What cables are on the softest and lightest side from Norne? Might be hidden in the pages here, but can not see to find a good answer.
Maybe this is because the softness and lightness also partially depend on the customized options you opt for in your order, such as types of sleeving options available, which can vary for even for some cables with the same names, and then wire gauge and size. The "devil," in other words, may reside in details that are not always predictable in advance. In your position I would first pick the cable I want on the basis of its expected sonic performance, and then I would ask Trevor how soft and light he can make the end product in the project's execution. If there are alternatives available in his existing inventory that can be made even more light and soft without sacrificing anything in the SQ and performance department, Trevor would gladly let you know them, and that makes him the best person to ask, in my opinion. My two cents.

Oct 23, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #6,100 of 6,509
What are the specs?
Gauge? Copper/Silver ratio?

It's Trevor's latest update to Skollvar. It is a hybrid cable, 50-50 silver and copper with 17.3awg in gauge equivalent. It is terminated to 4pin XLR with Eidolic connector and I got matching adapter as well (4-pin xlr to 6.3mm).

Oct 23, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #6,101 of 6,509
Thanks I'll check and ask👍Had both stiff and soft cables over the years. One of the best feeling ones a sleeved Neotech UPOOC, though not as nice looking.

All offerings from Norne looks great.

Oct 24, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #6,102 of 6,509
It's Trevor's latest update to Skollvar. It is a hybrid cable, 50-50 silver and copper with 17.3awg in gauge equivalent. It is terminated to 4pin XLR with Eidolic connector and I got matching adapter as well (4-pin xlr to 6.3mm).
Beautiful cable, like the triple colour scheme.

Question though, if you know - is the v2 the change to now be 50-50 silver/copper? I never did get the full specs from Trevor on my Skollvar (received back in May), other than him mentioning it has a higher copper to silver ratio. Also 17.3awg, but that so that means it isn't 50/50.

I just received my Vykari Copper Edition (with a little silver) this afternoon from Trevor - damn, but what a monster of a cable that is. I'll see if I can post some more pics later.

Attachments

• 20221024_115615.jpg
    20221024_115615.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221024_115544.jpg
    20221024_115544.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Oct 24, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #6,103 of 6,509
Beautiful cable, like the triple colour scheme.

Question though, if you know - is the v2 the change to now be 50-50 silver/copper? I never did get the full specs from Trevor on my Skollvar (received back in May), other than him mentioning it has a higher copper to silver ratio. Also 17.3awg, but that so that means it isn't 50/50.

I just received my Vykari Copper Edition (with a little silver) this afternoon from Trevor - damn, but what a monster of a cable that is. I'll see if I can post some more pics later.
Thanks! Your Vykari Copper looks beautiful as well, especially with that clear sleeve. It does look massive though! Do you know the main difference between Vykari Copper Edition and Drausk since both of them seems to have similar gauge?

According to Trevor, the Skollvar V2 change is to bring up the amount of silver to 50-50 with copper.

Oct 24, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #6,104 of 6,509
Thanks! Your Vykari Copper looks beautiful as well, especially with that clear sleeve. It does look massive though! Do you know the main difference between Vykari Copper Edition and Drausk since both of them seems to have similar gauge?

According to Trevor, the Skollvar V2 change is to bring up the amount of silver to 50-50 with copper.
I am not sure about the difference honestly, I didn't enquire originally as this cable was supposed to be sleeved, which is why I didn't consider the Drausk (though Trevor later told me he couldn't sleeve it and he sent me a sleeved Skollvar instead).

All I know is this is a slightly larger gauge (17.3 versus 17.6) and the silver is a custom addition for me (suggested by Trevor). I would imagine differences to be very small between this and the Drausk. Trevor even mentioned he would not be listing this in the shop to avoid confusion with the Drausk and he didn't want two clear copper cables listed.

Edit: just learned from Trevor that it is actually a bit bigger than 17.3awg... well, it certainly feels like it!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #6,105 of 6,509
It sure is purrrtier than I'd expected!!
20221025_154130.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back