Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jul 26, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #6,046 of 6,511
Just received these beautiful adapters a few days ago! They were made from left over materials from the original Vykari. Trevor didn't have enough for an actual cable. One interesting bit about them is they are thicker than the normal Vykari. This is an early batch of Vykari where the clear jacket is thick and stiff, and then Trevor switched to the thinner jacket which is what you see on regular Vykari. I am fond of the bulkiness; it gives a hefty feel. But it won’t work as actual headphone cable because it's too stiff. I added a comparison photo of Drausk Silver (left), Vykari Fusion (middle), and this special Vykari adapter (right).

Trevor mentioned the upcoming first batch of Vykari will be black. I'm a sucker for clear sleeves so I'll wait. But it's coming, folks! :)

5D8AF341-E5F1-4293-B9F6-75C44C79F075.jpeg 586B0985-C222-4ADB-A967-618E536F1A32.jpeg
That middle one is a Vykari Fusion? I wasn't even aware there was such a thing! Beautiful cable. I like it better then the regular Vykari (which is why I had mine sleeved). Should be getting a Vykari copper soon as well.

I do still intend to get a pure silver cable from Trevor, and that Drausk silver looks just stunning. Would prefer clear sleeving as well, just so I can see the silver.

Very nice. Do you know what female 4-pin XLR connector was used on that Vykari adapter on the right? Looks like it's more solid and better quality than the Eidolic ones beside it (@TigzStudio)
If I had to guess I'd say that's an Eidolic Peerless female XLR connector. Never seen one before, but looks superb. Love the Eidolic connectors.

Jul 26, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #6,047 of 6,511
Very nice. Do you know what female 4-pin XLR connector was used on that Vykari adapter on the right? Looks like it's more solid and better quality than the Eidolic ones beside it (@TigzStudio)
It is just a titanium boot + polished silver ring on a Neutrik HD-Series female front. I will do this sometimes to fit extra big sized cables in female connectors.
There are no Eidolic 4-pin XLR female models in existence (just the male version currently).

Jul 28, 2022 at 9:25 AM Post #6,049 of 6,511
He gets held up at times but keep at it and he'll reply! I last heard from him 2 days ago.

Separate question - does anyone know if it's easy to replace the cable splitter? I.e. if I bought a used Norne cable and wanted to replace the splitter it came with?

Jul 28, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #6,050 of 6,511
Separate question - does anyone know if it's easy to replace the cable splitter? I.e. if I bought a used Norne cable and wanted to replace the splitter it came with?
Splitter replacements : I've had to send a couple of Norne cables back to Trevor for such splitter replacement jobs. I saw that as the easiest and least complicated way to solve the problem, but depending on timing and how busy Trevor is with other jobs, the turnaround might not be as quick as one ideally desires, although the job will get done, and done well.

Jul 28, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #6,051 of 6,511
Splitter replacements : I've had to send a couple of Norne cables back to Trevor for such splitter replacement jobs. I saw that as the easiest and least complicated way to solve the problem, but depending on timing and how busy Trevor is with other jobs, the turnaround might not be as quick as one ideally desires, although the job will get done, and done well.
Not really feasible for customers outside the US though

Jul 28, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #6,053 of 6,511
Anyone getting any replies from Trevor? Must have sent at least 4 emails back-to-back with no response
I sent him one about 5-6 weeks ago, took him 3 days to reply, but he did. He's extremely busy, so replies might be running behind a bit. Just be patient - he'll get with you shortly.

Jul 30, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #6,055 of 6,511
What's the sound differences between the drausk and Vygarde? I had the drausk which I loved - clear, rich mids without adding a lot of treble energy. But wondering how the vygarde sounds. I searched but didn't find any impressions so apologizes if I missed them.

Jul 30, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #6,056 of 6,511
What's the sound differences between the drausk and Vygarde? I had the drausk which I loved - clear, rich mids without adding a lot of treble energy. But wondering how the vygarde sounds. I searched but didn't find any impressions so apologizes if I missed them.
I have both cables and have compared them using my ZMF Auteurs and ZMF Eikons.

My experience has been that the Drausk has slightly richer mids/organic sound, while the Vygarde has more clarity across all frequencies, with a slight tradeoff of less rich mids, but a "faster" sound with more emphasis on leading transients. So it comes down to what headphones you plan to use them with, and what your preference is.

Trevor is exceptionally helpful and of course an expert, so you could also email him and get his feedback given your gear.

I liked the Vygarde better with my Auteurs, and the Drausk with my Eikons. They are both excellent cables, and I love them both for different reasons. Hopefully the above helps!

Jul 30, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #6,057 of 6,511
Thanks! That is helpful. I generally get the sense as you introduce more silver the sound gets clearer, spacious, and faster.

It's for 1266TC where I'd like to tame the fast leading edges and bring out the mids so thinking copper is the right way to go. This was my gut as I loved the drausk for when I had the empyrean and atrium.

I feel a little weird that the drausk is so much cheaper than the stock cable, but thinking this is where norne punches above it's weight.

ill email Trevor before buying and see.

Thanks again!!

Aug 3, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #6,058 of 6,511
My new Norne cable arrived yesterday (Drausk Lite). Too soon to say much about its sound qualities, but, dang, this is a visually stunning cable that also feels fantastic in my hands--especially considering that I'm upgrading from a ~$50 Hart Audio cable. First impressions: surprisingly supple, so it lays easily on my desk or lap with no noticeable microphony. Only listening impression at this point is that I now realize in retrospect how warm and bass-forward the Hart cables are by comparison. Not worse or better, just... different.

Also, Trevor was a real pleasure to deal with. In my experience, he was both responsive and generous with his emails. Highly recommended.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #6,059 of 6,511
He gets held up at times but keep at it and he'll reply! I last heard from him 2 days ago.

I will check on your email, recently I am catching up on some missed emails/quotes lately (I was out of office a few days recently). Anytime I even miss a single
day the emails will be piled up, but also I must ship cables when I am back in the workshop as well. So it is a juggling / balancing act on my end in that case. I am doing my best in this regard of course, thank you all for the patience.
Also do not hesitate to bump your email anytime.

The only way to replace the splitter is with retermination of the headphone cable. I am happy to do this of course for anyone, just send me an email. Often folks will wait until they need to change their termination (when they get a new headphone or amp). This way they can take care of two things at once, not just the splitter alone.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2022 at 7:50 PM Post #6,060 of 6,511
Glamour shot!

20220811_192626.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back