Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
May 14, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #5,941 of 6,460
Thanks, Jonathan! I was considering black/copper + brown/silver sleeves with a copper/silver splitter- but now I might copy your style! Same length, too, so I don’t strangle myself while listening…
Well, I’m jumping back in the pool with the nornes… chatting with Trevor to get a Vygarde order in that matches @jonathan c ’s design choices, just with black plugs on both ends to complete the “stealth metallic” aesthetic. It will be paired with my Auteur, while the all-out copper Drausk will be paired with Eikon.

If timing works out, I can justify the purchase as using future birthday (monetary) gifts… 🤣

Will share pics and impressions when the time comes.

Down the road, a silver-infused Drausk (which is in Trevor’s roadmap) might be the way to go with my Stellia.

May 14, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #5,942 of 6,460
silver-infused Drausk (which is in Trevor’s roadmap)
During last black friday, Trevor sold a few of those.

Good looking stuff

May 14, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #5,943 of 6,460
Are they still in business? They used to have a large selection of adapters, now they are not on their website anymore, and their product line seems limited to a few models.

May 14, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #5,944 of 6,460
Are they still in business? They used to have a large selection of adapters, now they are not on their website anymore, and their product line seems limited to a few models.
Yeah he is still in business.
The website is not up to date since he is swarmed with orders all the time.

He also still makes adapters, write an emsil and tell him what you need

May 14, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #5,945 of 6,460

Thanks, I had his cable before for my HD-800, the workmanship was outstanding.

May 14, 2022 at 9:10 PM Post #5,946 of 6,460

By the way, there is a six-foot Norne Skoll (pure silver I think) with an XLR amp plug and a 6.3 mm pigtail for sale on eBay for $250 (a steal these days). The catch? It’s terminated in 2.5 mm headphone plugs, which are pretty uncommon, so you might need to send it Trevor for retermination… I’d buy it, but I don’t really need an all-silver cable.

(There is also a Silvergarde S3-C on eBay, more at original pricing… around $550)

May 14, 2022 at 11:10 PM Post #5,947 of 6,460
Well, I’m jumping back in the pool with the nornes… chatting with Trevor to get a Vygarde order in that matches @jonathan c ’s design choices, just with black plugs on both ends to complete the “stealth metallic” aesthetic. It will be paired with my Auteur, while the all-out copper Drausk will be paired with Eikon.

If timing works out, I can justify the purchase as using future birthday (monetary) gifts… 🤣

Will share pics and impressions when the time comes.

Down the road, a silver-infused Drausk (which is in Trevor’s roadmap) might be the way to go with my Stellia.
…with the +silver Drausk, it may be time for “Stellia by Starlight”…(mea culpa, Victor Young…🤣)

May 14, 2022 at 11:13 PM Post #5,948 of 6,460
I've got a Norne Einvaldi coming that's terminated in 2.5mm. I'm going to try re-terminating it for ZMF/Meze myself. Hopefully it won't drive me too crazy...

May 15, 2022 at 1:18 AM Post #5,949 of 6,460
I've got a Norne Einvaldi coming that's terminated in 2.5mm. I'm going to try re-terminating it for ZMF/Meze myself. Hopefully it won't drive me too crazy...

Ah, good buy if you bought that one in classifieds for $500. Beat me to it :L3000: Be careful on the re-termination. Just be sure to use high quality solder and the right tip temperature. Why not just ship it to Trevor?

May 15, 2022 at 2:01 AM Post #5,950 of 6,460
Ah, good buy if you bought that one in classifieds for $500. Beat me to it :L3000: Be careful on the re-termination. Just be sure to use high quality solder and the right tip temperature. Why not just ship it to Trevor?
@ColSaulTigh beat me to it as well- I was too slow! I was going to ship it to Trevor to reterminate it for ZMF- if it ever comes back around for sale, I’ll be on the lookout! 😊

Well, I’ve preordered a Vygarde instead, so all is well…

May 15, 2022 at 8:52 AM Post #5,951 of 6,460
Hmmm.... Maybe I should just ship it off to him and have him redo it. I was going to try it myself, but now y'all got me thinking...

May 16, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #5,954 of 6,460
I got the 4.4mm to 4pin xlr adaptor. It's solid and well made. And I can't tell a sonic difference - at least on the xduoo mt604. And on burson 3xp, the difference between the stock 4pin and the Drausk 4.4mm + adaptor is a more transparent sound bring more clarity, more precise imaging without giving up the warmth and body as I've come to appreciate copper cables. If there is a difference, I can't tell nor do I have the equipment to do a proper a/b test. The only thing I know is that I like it :) I think it'll do quite nicely for now.

That said, I have learned that if I can only afford one termination for full size headphones I should have stuck with 4pin as most of my critical listening will be done on desktop amps - that seems obvious as I wrote it :)
Thanks Trevor for another great product!!!

20220516_154945.jpg

May 17, 2022 at 1:03 AM Post #5,955 of 6,460
@ColSaulTigh beat me to it as well- I was too slow! I was going to ship it to Trevor to reterminate it for ZMF- if it ever comes back around for sale, I’ll be on the lookout! 😊

Well, I’ve preordered a Vygarde instead, so all is well…
Good move!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back