Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Apr 14, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #5,206 of 6,461
I agree with the mods that this thread here should be for norne audio discussions, therefore I just repeat my question from the modded content.

Is the Solvine still part of Trevors regular line up?

Apr 14, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #5,207 of 6,461
I agree with the mods that this thread here should be for norne audio discussions, therefore I just repeat my question from the modded content.

Is the Solvine still part of Trevors regular line up?
Curious about the Solvine too, and after looking at some pics, I can only imagine. . .

Apr 14, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #5,208 of 6,461
Curious about the Solvine too, and after looking at some pics, I can only imagine. . .
I don’t believe Solvine is still available, unless it’s hiding out in Trevor’s group of IEM-only cables...?

Apr 14, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #5,209 of 6,461
The Drausk has arrived.

Haven't had a chance for a proper listen, will do tonight!

20210414_175049.jpg
20210414_175301.jpg

Apr 14, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #5,210 of 6,461
The Drausk has arrived.

Haven't had a chance for a proper listen, will do tonight!

20210414_175049.jpg
20210414_175301.jpg
Draussk terminated in 4.4mm, pretty sadistic, must be horrible to solder.

Awesome cable tho

Apr 14, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #5,211 of 6,461
I don’t believe Solvine is still available, unless it’s hiding out in Trevor’s group of IEM-only cables...?

Solvine is my current favorite and one of the cables that Trevor is making for me, and at least one other person. So, not dead yet.

The more conversations you have with him the more you realize he is always working in other things and has a lot coming down the line!!!

Apr 14, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #5,212 of 6,461
Solvine is my current favorite and one of the cables that Trevor is making for me, and at least one other person. So, not dead yet.

The more conversations you have with him the more you realize he is always working in other things and has a lot coming down the line!!!
That's awesome news and will be my next cable!

Apr 14, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #5,213 of 6,461
Draussk terminated in 4.4mm, pretty sadistic, must be horrible to solder.

Awesome cable tho
Imagine a 2.5mm one!

Trevor nailed it tough. Went with a 4.4mm and a 4.4mm -> 6.3mm matching adapter (arriving at a later date) as I move to diff listening stations a lot, so wanted a transportable solution :)

Apr 14, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #5,214 of 6,461
Imagine a 2.5mm one!

Trevor nailed it tough. Went with a 4.4mm and a 4.4mm -> 6.3mm matching adapter (arriving at a later date) as I move to diff listening stations a lot, so wanted a transportable solution :)
I have dabbled with soldering and making my own cables, and could not even begin to imagine soldering a 2.5mm or a 4.4mm with all those wires. Also, nice move with the matching adapter! I don't do adapters, but if I did that would be the only way I would go.

Apr 14, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #5,215 of 6,461
Imagine a 2.5mm one!

I'm trying to get two adapters for my Silvergarde S4 8-wire on order, but Trevor is hard to get a hold off these days.
Basically doing the same, cable terminated on the most used connector and adapters for the rest

Apr 14, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #5,216 of 6,461
I have a solvine cable being made atm. Just waiting for the invoice lol. IIRC, Trevor said he'd have more material in by the end of this month to make more solvine cables. He's having issues getting the silver he needs. Maybe shoot him an email. I lucked out that he had just enough stock to make mine.

Apr 15, 2021 at 1:14 AM Post #5,218 of 6,461
Hey guys, just a quick update here....
I have been making nice progress on the backlog and working at speeding up ship times lately on most. I am going through my emails
and orders this evening to make sure there is not anything I missed (Thanatos, Guido, will reply soon).
For some reason rhodium 3-pin mini-xlr females are difficult to source at the moment so this delayed a couple orders from shipping, and some other items.
But email notifications on these will be out to those folks.

Another quick note, the Drausk in black is now sold out, but the clear version is coming soon. I will post an update on the site with more information
on what is available and what is sold out. But the site will look a bit "under construction" for a day or two while I adjust it and make the changes.

Thank you everyone for the great support and posts here, I really appreciate it.
I have been lucky to be able to do what I love to do all these many years, and I would not be able to do that without you guys.
Thank you!

p.s.
I am going to read back now in the thread and PM anyone that had
questions since I last checked.

Apr 15, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #5,219 of 6,461
I have a solvine cable being made atm. Just waiting for the invoice lol. IIRC, Trevor said he'd have more material in by the end of this month to make more solvine cables. He's having issues getting the silver he needs. Maybe shoot him an email. I lucked out that he had just enough stock to make mine.
Good for you buddy! That is a TOTL cable no doubt.

Apr 15, 2021 at 4:37 AM Post #5,220 of 6,461
Would the Drausk be a good choice for the ZMF Aeolus with a Feliks Echo 2?
Absolutely. You can't go wrong with a Draug 3, and that is my favorite Norne cable with my Aeolus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back