Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Apr 13, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #5,191 of 6,459
I ordered The Drausk on the 4/4 and it's going to be delivered tomorrow. From what I've read in this thread I wasn't expecting such a quick turnaround, but I knew that going in and was okay with it. I did order a standard five footer so maybe that had something to do with it..
Thanks Trevor for answering all my many questions, and for the upgraded shipping at no cost to me!

That's quick turnaround time!

I placed my order for the Drausk on March 27th. But I ordered a longer cable length, 9'. So I realize that these larger gauge cables are all hand-woven. It takes more time to physically make a longer cable vs. a shorter one. I'm sure Trevor is working away and I'll have my Drausk in no time.

@Passenger11 don't forget to share your thoughts after you've received your new cable.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #5,193 of 6,459
Looks like it'll be a Drausk party tomorrow, mine is coming in as well :)
@fuhransahis - So funny, we share the same sound signature preference, I think! We have the same amp (Echo), same HP cable (Drausk) , and I hope to get a ZMF pair of headphones (Atticus) this summer.

(I use my Drausk with the LCD-XC and LOVE it- I may have to get another one if I get the ZMF, even though I will be tempted to get a Silvergarde S3-C as an alternative to switch back and forth with a Drausk... I’ll ask for Trevor’s guidance on this when I get that far!)

Apr 14, 2021 at 2:11 AM Post #5,194 of 6,459
I had an auteur with volsund and silver draug.
the volsund “amplified” what the auteur offers.
the silver draug played well with it and gave more detail and a bit more energy.

I preferred the silver draug. But both (silver and copper) are good and are different offerings

i would recommend having/trying both
(and use adapters if your headphones have different connection)

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #5,195 of 6,459
I had an auteur with volsund and silver draug.
the volsund “amplified” what the auteur offers.
the silver draug played well with it and gave more detail and a bit more energy.

I preferred the silver draug. But both (silver and copper) are good and are different offerings

i would recommend having/trying both
(and use adapters if your headphones have different connection)
Thanks! That is very helpful. I appreciate the feedback.

Apr 14, 2021 at 4:31 AM Post #5,197 of 6,459
Apr 14, 2021 at 4:47 AM Post #5,199 of 6,459
Can you explain what kind of differences you are hearing?
I'll share mine. My experience with Trevor's cables owning a Draug 3, Silvergarde 1 and 2, and now Draug SC3 Fusion, has been that the copper has more present upper mids, and bass, and silver tends to open up the mids a bit, and add more inner detail while shifting the presence more toward the upper treble. So I typically get a smoother, yet more detailed sound, with tighter but a bit less impactful bass and a bigger stage, with all silver. Trevor's silver cables definitely are warmer than most, and are quite the achievement, but I still like his all copper or hybrid variants best for my preferences. As, of right now I am really digging my Draug 3SC Fusion, but I still love my Draug 3 too and this has me very interested in the Drausk.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #5,200 of 6,459
@fuhransahis - So funny, we share the same sound signature preference, I think! We have the same amp (Echo), same HP cable (Drausk) , and I hope to get a ZMF pair of headphones (Atticus) this summer.

(I use my Drausk with the LCD-XC and LOVE it- I may have to get another one if I get the ZMF, even though I will be tempted to get a Silvergarde S3-C as an alternative to switch back and forth with a Drausk... I’ll ask for Trevor’s guidance on this when I get that far!)
Great minds! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 14, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #5,201 of 6,459
Anyone here upgrade their HD 6oo-XX from a Draug 3 to a Drausk? What cable sounded better and why?

Apr 14, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #5,202 of 6,459
I'll share mine. My experience with Trevor's cables owning a Draug 3, Silvergarde 1 and 2, and now Draug SC3 Fusion, has been that the copper has more present upper mids, and bass, and silver tends to open up the mids a bit, and add more inner detail while shifting the presence more toward the upper treble. So I typically get a smoother, yet more detailed sound, with tighter but a bit less impactful bass and a bigger stage, with all silver. Trevor's silver cables definitely are warmer than most, and are quite the achievement, but I still like his all copper or hybrid variants best for my preferences. As, of right now I am really digging my Draug 3SC Fusion, but I still love my Draug 3 too and this has me very interested in the Drausk.
Had to check the official head-fi glossary and it seems you are mostly experiencing a change in frequency response. Cool.

Apr 14, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #5,203 of 6,459
Apr 14, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #5,204 of 6,459
Had to check the official head-fi glossary and it seems you are mostly experiencing a change in frequency response. Cool.

Would be great if you'd be open to trying out an upgrade cable for yourself and report back with findings. Norne offers money back I believe, or you could easily sell too.

Apr 14, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #5,205 of 6,459
Just a reminder that this thread is dedicated to impressions and discussion of Norne Audio's cables. Any who would like to debate more broad, general differences or lack thereof between cables are invited to do so in the Sound Science forum. There are numerous threads dedicated to cable debate there, but if you don't see one that matches the topics you'd like to cover you're welcome to start new ones.

Let's please keep all discussion directly related to Norne Audio in this thread. Thanks all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back