Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jan 6, 2021 at 2:07 AM Post #4,936 of 6,459
The blue RCA is an S3 and all the red/grey XLR ones are S4.
Interesting, when I inquired about interconnects he only told me about pure silver and fusion interconnects, and "smaller gauge" versions of these.
He never mentioned that there are S3 or S4 interconnects available

How long are yours?

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2021 at 5:48 AM Post #4,937 of 6,459
Interesting, when I inquired about interconnects he only told me about pure silver and fusion interconnects, and "smaller gauge" versions of these.
He never mentioned that there are S3 or S4 interconnects available

How long are yours?

RCA was 0.5m and XLR are 1m and 2m. I've talked to him about getting an S4 RCA made, but he said it'd be awhile before he could get to that. I think any interconnects are a custom job and a lot of work for him (and we know he has a huge backlog after black Friday) which is why he doesn't put them on his web site.

Jan 6, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #4,938 of 6,459
RCA was 0.5m and XLR are 1m and 2m. I've talked to him about getting an S4 RCA made, but he said it'd be awhile before he could get to that. I think any interconnects are a custom job and a lot of work for him (and we know he has a huge backlog after black Friday) which is why he doesn't put them on his web site.
yeah interconnects really seem a custom thing. And the double shielded ones are very labour intensive.

Anyways, after seeing your post I inquired about those custom options, and even asked about Vykari type interconnects.
Maybe this will get a whole lot more expensive now :D

I got interconnects on order already, but as long as he didn't produce them yet I'm sure he will be open to adjustments.

Jan 6, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #4,939 of 6,459
Hopefully, this wouldn't cost you an extra arm and an extra leg, but have you considered adapters enabling you to swap those cables on the headphones? Don't you expect to be ever curious about how your Vykari might sound with your Susvara, and your S4 8-wire with the HD800S? You can custom order any of such adapters from Trevor. I am betting you're already aware of that, but I am saying that in the remotest possibility that you might need a reminder :wink::wink::sunglasses:.

Personally I have a set of Norne Audio adapters allowing the use of all cables ordered for Audeze series headphones also on Hifiman Series Headphones with the 3.5mm connectors, and cables originally ordered for these Hifiman series headphones on the Audeze headphones as well. Hell, I even ordered a Draug for my Hd800 about 4 years ago that I have exclusively used with the Audeze series headphones instead, ever since (thanks to a pair of HD800 to Audeze headphone--or head-throne--adapters). because the HD800 itself has hardly seen any head time in those 4 years. Again, not meaning to get you to spend more money than you're willing to, but I thought I should throw that out there just in case the idea of listening to your Susvara with the Vykari occasionally is something that you might find to be tempting enough sometimes.
Haha... you talked me into it. :gs1000smile: I just sent an inquiry email and will see how it goes...

Jan 6, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #4,940 of 6,459
yeah interconnects really seem a custom thing. And the double shielded ones are very labour intensive.

Anyways, after seeing your post I inquired about those custom options, and even asked about Vykari type interconnects.
Maybe this will get a whole lot more expensive now :D

I got interconnects on order already, but as long as he didn't produce them yet I'm sure he will be open to adjustments.

Haha, see I guess I'm bad for your wallet too!! :money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings:

Jan 9, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #4,941 of 6,459
Shout out to Trevor @TigzStudio for making excellent quality cables. He also has upgraded one of my cables and express posted it at his expense to make sure I receive them asap. Such an excellent service!!

I received Solvine 3 for my Elegia and Drausk for my HD800s that were purchased during last Black Friday. Sadly, my photos cannot capture how beautiful and soft they are in real life.
C88D6D73-2454-4F53-AAB4-38091D566C75.jpeg

Drausk is a pure OCC copper with 17.7awg per polarity. It is definitely an improvement over stock Sennheiser cable and Moon Audio Black Dragon that I also owned. Black Dragon offers better clarity over stock cable – but at the expense of bump in lower treble. For a bright headphone like HD800s this is not really desirable. Drausk remarkably offers even better transparency over Black Dragon without affecting tonality.

Also, even Drausk is thicker than Black Dragon (21.5awg), it is a lot more flexible. I put Black Dragon for sale shortly.
Finally, I cannot detect microphonic with Drausk.
My only complaint to myself is I forgot to check if splitter was added on Drausk order – it can look even better with Silver splitter.

Solvine 3 also does wonder to my Elegia. With stock cable, Elegia sounds compressed and veiled. I was disappointed when trying it for first time and almost sell it straight away – but I need a closed back headphone for work so I kept it.
It is well known how bad Focal stock cable is – stiff and microphonic. That’s why I ordered an upgraded cable from Norne Audio and what a good decision it was. Solvine is one of the most beautiful cables I have ever seen and it feels nice too. No microphonic and flexible. Another big plus is it manages to lift the veil in Elegia and make it sounds more enjoyable.

In short, as many of you know, Norne Audio lead time may not be as fast as others. But at the end, the material and handiwork quality makes it worth waiting for.

C740215D-D90D-4B62-9525-38053DAC1631.jpeg
(4pin XLR to 3.5mm with Drausk cable)

A11A66BF-4376-41FC-890D-D98223FE7FBD.jpeg
(Drausk, Senn stock, Solvine, Focal stock)

Attachments

• 28C579B0-5B01-4428-AA84-26898AC77422.jpeg
    28C579B0-5B01-4428-AA84-26898AC77422.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 9, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #4,942 of 6,459
Shout out to Trevor @TigzStudio for making excellent quality cables. He also has upgraded one of my cables and express posted it at his expense to make sure I receive them asap. Such an excellent service!!

I received Solvine 3 for my Elegia and Drausk for my HD800s that were purchased during last Black Friday. Sadly, my photos cannot capture how beautiful and soft they are in real life.
C88D6D73-2454-4F53-AAB4-38091D566C75.jpeg

Drausk is a pure OCC copper with 17.7awg per polarity. It is definitely an improvement over stock Sennheiser cable and Moon Audio Black Dragon that I also owned. Black Dragon offers better clarity over stock cable – but at the expense of bump in lower treble. For a bright headphone like HD800s this is not really desirable. Drausk remarkably offers even better transparency over Black Dragon without affecting tonality.

Also, even Drausk is thicker than Black Dragon (21.5awg), it is a lot more flexible. I put Black Dragon for sale shortly.
Finally, I cannot detect microphonic with Drausk.
My only complaint to myself is I forgot to check if splitter was added on Drausk order – it can look even better with Silver splitter.

Solvine 3 also does wonder to my Elegia. With stock cable, Elegia sounds compressed and veiled. I was initially disappointed when trying it for first time and almost decided to sell it straight away – but I need a closed back headphone for work so I kept it.
It is well known how bad Focal stock cable is – stiff and microphonic. That’s why I ordered an upgraded cable from Norne Audio and what a good decision it was. Solvine is one of the most beautiful cables I have ever seen and it feels nice too. No microphonic and flexible. Another big plus is it manages to lift the veil in Elegia and make it sounds more enjoyable.

In short, as many of you know, Norne Audio lead time may not be as fast as others. But at the end, the material and handiwork quality makes it worth waiting for.

C740215D-D90D-4B62-9525-38053DAC1631.jpeg
(4pin XLR to 3.5mm with Drausk cable)

A11A66BF-4376-41FC-890D-D98223FE7FBD.jpeg
(Drausk, Senn stock, Solvine, Focal stock)
Thanks so much for sharing! While I’m a little while away from getting my Drausk that is in order, I can’t wait!

I also greatly appreciate the impressions you included. I’ve used the Black Dragon before (on Focal Elears, with great results), and it is a very nice cable sonically IMHO. Great to hear that the Drausk accomplishes the Black Dragon’s strengths while maintaining clear, smooth treble and overall transparency.

While the Drausk I’ve ordered will be used with Audeze LCD-XCs, I may plan to get a Drausk for the Elears as well (I originally sold my pair, regretted it, and fortunately found funding for a replacement pair that are currently en route). 😊

Jan 9, 2021 at 6:37 PM Post #4,943 of 6,459
This thread is really lacking some cable pr0n. I had promised to post some better pictures of my Vykari, so here are a couple.

9CooTwU.jpg

CLI3xsM.jpg

aB8jR9X.jpg

K3vJVEd.jpg

k6d7J0J.jpg

EDgDiIt.jpg

476nYAI.jpg
How long is the speaker tap adapter and how long is the cable in total.

Is there a length that should not be exceeded?

Contemplating my own setup and without moving gear I would need ~3.6m (12ft.)
Or 4m to be really comfy

Jan 9, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #4,944 of 6,459
How long is the speaker tap adapter and how long is the cable in total.

Is there a length that should not be exceeded?

Contemplating my own setup and without moving gear I would need ~3.6m (12ft.)
Or 4m to be really comfy

In my case, I didn't need very long cables, so i went 5 ft. HP cable and 5 ft. for speaker tap mainly because I get all my HP cables 5ft long. I probably didn't need quite the full 5 feet for the speaker tap cable since my equipment rack is right next to my desk, but worst case I figured I could always reterminate it as an HP cable in the future.

I can't think of any reason that there would be a max length within any reasonable distance, but ask Trevor to see if he has any thoughts.

Jan 9, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #4,945 of 6,459
error post

nothing to see hear

1610247700935.gif

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #4,946 of 6,459
Received my new rope...er...Vykari Reference. I feel like I could lasso a bull with this thing. Very nice @TigzStudio !

0112211348a.jpg

0111212001.jpg

Jan 12, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #4,947 of 6,459
Received my new rope...er...Vykari Reference. I feel like I could lasso a bull with this thing. Very nice @TigzStudio !

0112211348a.jpg

0111212001.jpg
Sleeved Version beautiful, mine should be shipped soon as well

Jan 12, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #4,948 of 6,459
In my case, I didn't need very long cables, so i went 5 ft. HP cable and 5 ft. for speaker tap mainly because I get all my HP cables 5ft long. I probably didn't need quite the full 5 feet for the speaker tap cable since my equipment rack is right next to my desk, but worst case I figured I could always reterminate it as an HP cable in the future.

I can't think of any reason that there would be a max length within any reasonable distance, but ask Trevor to see if he has any thoughts.

I just received my re-terminated silverguard S for speaker tap to XLR use and for sake of flexibility kept the full length (6.5') incase I want to have them reterminated back into a headphone cable.

image.jpg

That is a great looking cable, I have the hardest time trying to decide on the colors to be used. I generally go back and forth with Trevor a few times before I commit to one!

Jan 18, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #4,949 of 6,459
I just received a replacement cable and needed to sand the corners to make them fit a recessed iem socket.

I'm a little po'ed because I grazed the 2 pin connector and some of the coating is gone with bare metal showing on the ends.

Question?
Does this alter the sound by much, if any at all?

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back