Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Dec 16, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #4,832 of 6,509
Anyone hear from Trevor in the past few days. Emailed a few times for 2 weeks now hah

Yeah, he didn’t reply my emails either.

Dec 16, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #4,833 of 6,509
Anyone hear from Trevor in the past few days. Emailed a few times for 2 weeks now hah

I ordered something he didn't have to make... just ship out... nothing so far... but not worried about it... :L3000:

Dec 16, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #4,835 of 6,509
Trevor has always been like this, he will disappear for 2-3 weeks and then comes back again for a couple of weeks and disappear again and so on :relieved:

Dec 16, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #4,836 of 6,509
It takes a while, but in the end it is always worth the wait.

Dec 16, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #4,838 of 6,509
It takes a while, but in the end it is always worth the wait.

Yeah I know, I’ve been his loyal customer for the last 5 years. I’ve lost track of how many cables I’ve ordered from him :smile:

Dec 16, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #4,840 of 6,509
Ha, I bet I have you all beat on longest time to receive an order - I placed an order for multiple cables in May of last year. I received all the cables except a pair of RCA interconnects (I doubt interconnects are a very common build for him). Then I basically stepped away from the hobby for awhile and didn't follow up with Trevor until I became interested again at some point after the pandemic started and we were all stuck at home. I was going to place another order with him so i searched for my last e-mail with him and I realized I still hadn't received that cable so I followed up with Trevor (and placed more orders) and finally received it in August this year. :o2smile:

All of us who have been buying from Trevor for awhile know it takes time, just keep politely following up with him every couple days. Trevor always comes through and takes care of you and his cables are definitely worth the wait (i.e. good things come to those who wait).

Enjoy some music in the meantime:

Dec 16, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #4,841 of 6,509
It’s not hard to imagine several hundred orders coming into Norne in the week following Thanksgiving. And I don’t think anyone in the industry is doing more intricate builds. He can’t be making more than ten a day, I’d bet. Last thing I want is him breaking concentration to field emails.

Dec 18, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #4,842 of 6,509
Anyone with a 1266 TC care to comment on depth on the sound using Norne silver compared to JPS' superconductor or stock cable

Dec 18, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #4,843 of 6,509
I have the TC with stock cable and Silvergarde 3. The stock cable is more V shaped in tone. The Silvergarde is more balanced. Neutral if you will. Fuller mid range. Matter of preference. I change them up depending on mood.

Dec 19, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #4,844 of 6,509
I have the TC with stock cable and Silvergarde 3. The stock cable is more V shaped in tone. The Silvergarde is more balanced. Neutral if you will. Fuller mid range. Matter of preference. I change them up depending on mood.
Thanks for the response. A few questions, if that's okay.
1. Could you comment on whether the bass is still as impactful as the stock TC cable
2. Is the treble less sharp and grainy as the stock TC cable?

Thanks

Dec 19, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #4,845 of 6,509
I don't really find the treble grainy on the stock cable. But the Norne cable is smoother up top. I find the bass impactful but not as elevated on the Norne compared to stock. For EDM or modern pop I like stock. For everything else the Norne.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back