Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Dec 27, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #4,862 of 6,459
What is the Drausk please ?
The new pure copper flagship from Norne audio.
Arguably the best pure copper cable around

Dec 27, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #4,863 of 6,459
Dec 27, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #4,865 of 6,459
The new pure copper flagship from Norne audio.
Arguably the best pure copper cable around
Hi Norne fans,

Short version: Looking for input on cable upgrading- specifically TOTL copper (Drausk vs. Wywires Platinum or others).

Longer/detailed version: I have an LCD-XC coupled to an SPL Auditor (source: Schiit Gungnir MB connected via a balanced Virtuoso R). My LCD-XC cable is stock. I LOVE how the XCs sound with excellent recordings, but am looking to get a little more warmth/body in the midrange along with smoother treble.

In the past I have used the Moon Audio Blue Dragons on cans I liked the sound of (Shure SRH-1540s, AKG Q-701s), and Black Dragon Premiums on Focal Elears, which I ADORED but had to sell. This was so I could move to high-end *closed* cans due to tighter living quarters during the pandemic. And I must say the XCs give me a lot of the same pleasure the Elears did, while providing isolation in a noisier environment. But older/poorer recordings suffer with the stock cable.

So- my short list are, based on reading/lurking/research: Wywires Red or Platinum (likely the latter), Norne Draug 3 or Drausk (likely the latter), or Moon Audio Black Dragon Premium.

While Norne’s silver options sound like they are awesome, I’m worried clarity and extension would be promoted over midrange body/slight warmth.

My musical preferences include rock (ie. Foo Fighters, Black Keys, Spoon, Jack White), pop (ie. Khalid, Maggie Rogers, M83, Death Cab), electronica (The Crystal Method, Daft Punk, LCD Sound System), jazz (classic Miles, Norah Jones).

Any and all feedback is welcome, and happy holidays!

Dec 29, 2020 at 7:27 AM Post #4,867 of 6,459
Dec 29, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #4,868 of 6,459
I just received my Drausk cable from Trevor and Im using it with my He1000se and it sounds fantastic. Definitely a huge upgrade over my Noir Hybrid from Forza. More open, layered bass without the harshness of the high end.
I'm getting the SE tomorrow. The exact cable I want to get. Either that or the Danacable. We'll see I guess.

Jan 1, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #4,875 of 6,459
I know he’s slow and I get that. I forgot I even placed an order. I just wanted to get a gauge of where the list is at when he originally promised he’d finish it by early November.

I'd say it's more of squeaky wheel gets the cables. I always recommend checking in with him politely on a regular basis until you get confirmation that the package was actually shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back