Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jan 1, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #4,876 of 6,459
I'd say it's more of squeaky wheel gets the cables. I always recommend checking in with him politely on a regular basis until you get confirmation that the package was actually shipped.
Yea. That’s probably it. I didn’t follow up with him at all as I expected it to be done by December even if he missed his 2 weeks estimate. Almost 3 months later... I guess it’s time to learn to be a squeaky wheel. Thanks.

Jan 1, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #4,877 of 6,459
+1

Agreed. Just politely asking Trevor about the status of the order is the best approch. Hes a one man team. He has a lot on his plate as the orders keep piling on. If you are too impatient to wait, then maybe ordering from another cable maker would be your best bet. Trevor's products are legendary and he always delivers. If you have already placed an order but cant wait any longer, then just send him an email and he will refund your money, no question asked.

Jan 1, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #4,878 of 6,459
Yea. I understand his work is good and is worth the wait but I just need a gauge of where I am in the line since he started with “2 weeks” back in October. So I wanted to get a gauge from the community of where I am in the line.
Soon that will be 4 months.

Jan 1, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #4,880 of 6,459
I don’t think waiting almost 3 months for something he promised in 2 weeks is being impatient. Or, am I being out of line here?
I dont think youre being out of line, however the easiest thing would be to just email and ask him. IF you are not satisfied with his answer or service, i gurantee you, he will offer refund, instantly

Jan 1, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #4,882 of 6,459
Sure. I’ll reach out again and see where it goes. But I bet you if I promised someone on this forum I’ll ship their item tomorrow and I don’t (several times), they wouldn’t be as patient as I’ve been so far. I’m just simply asking here if people have gotten orders made in October since his promise of “tomorrow” never seems to stick.
If it makes you feel better, i ordered a Silvergrade S4 cable from him at the beginning of September and it was supposed to be done in 3 weeks. I received the cable in late october but the end product was worth the wait. I emailed and reminded him once a week and in the end he explained the reason for the delay. Its by far my favorite cable and i have wayyyy more expensive cable than his and i was so happy that i decided to order another cable and some adapters from him. Just stay in touch with him, im sure theres a reason for such long delay.

Jan 1, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #4,883 of 6,459
Norne is a one man operation. Trevor makes GREAT cables, but because his prices are reasonable, He stays busy. If you have patience like most older people, you should buy from Trevor/Norne. If not.........

Jan 1, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #4,886 of 6,459
No harassment. Just a friendly email, once or twice a month to get his attention. It will help move things along.

Jan 1, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #4,888 of 6,459
Hi Norne fans,

Short version: Looking for input on cable upgrading- specifically TOTL copper (Drausk vs. Wywires Platinum or others).

Longer/detailed version: I have an LCD-XC coupled to an SPL Auditor (source: Schiit Gungnir MB connected via a balanced Virtuoso R). My LCD-XC cable is stock. I LOVE how the XCs sound with excellent recordings, but am looking to get a little more warmth/body in the midrange along with smoother treble.

In the past I have used the Moon Audio Blue Dragons on cans I liked the sound of (Shure SRH-1540s, AKG Q-701s), and Black Dragon Premiums on Focal Elears, which I ADORED but had to sell. This was so I could move to high-end *closed* cans due to tighter living quarters during the pandemic. And I must say the XCs give me a lot of the same pleasure the Elears did, while providing isolation in a noisier environment. But older/poorer recordings suffer with the stock cable.

So- my short list are, based on reading/lurking/research: Wywires Red or Platinum (likely the latter), Norne Draug 3 or Drausk (likely the latter), or Moon Audio Black Dragon Premium.

While Norne’s silver options sound like they are awesome, I’m worried clarity and extension would be promoted over midrange body/slight warmth.

My musical preferences include rock (ie. Foo Fighters, Black Keys, Spoon, Jack White), pop (ie. Khalid, Maggie Rogers, M83, Death Cab), electronica (The Crystal Method, Daft Punk, LCD Sound System), jazz (classic Miles, Norah Jones).

Any and all feedback is welcome, and happy holidays!
UPDATE: I’ve worked with Trevor and now have a 7’ Drausk on order. Excited, though I know I need to be patient. 😊

Jan 1, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #4,889 of 6,459
UPDATE: I’ve worked with Trevor and now have a 7’ Drausk on order. Excited, though I know I need to be patient. 😊
Will certainly be awesome!

At first I misread it as you had 7 Drausk on order xD

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #4,890 of 6,459
Will certainly be awesome!

At first I misread it as you had 7 Drausk on order xD
I fully expect the Drausk to blow the stock Audeze cable away (I’ll be using the Drausk with LCD-XCs). Woohoo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back