Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Dec 12, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #4,816 of 6,464
What the heck is that? I haven’t seen one that’s just a twist instead of a braid.

Your guess is as good as mine... I got this particular cable as part of a package deal...
Hey @TigzStudio can you identify this cable for me... it was for a Sony Z1R - terminated in 4.4mm balanced (Pentaconn)

Dec 12, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #4,817 of 6,464
Your guess is as good as mine... I got this particular cable as part of a package deal...
Hey @TigzStudio can you identify this cable for me... it was for a Sony Z1R - terminated in 4.4mm balanced (Pentaconn)

That's one thing that's always tricky with the sleeved cables, no way of knowing what's inside short of having Trevor open them up (or could look up what he sold the person who bought them originally if you knew that). Probably should just ask the person you bought them from what they are.

Dec 12, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #4,818 of 6,464
That's one thing that's always tricky with the sleeved cables, no way of knowing what's inside short of having Trevor open them up (or could look up what he sold the person who bought them originally if you knew that). Probably should just ask the person you bought them from what they are.

I just asked the guy and he said he'll try to find his emails with Trevor... For now at least we can call it the "mystery cable"
or as Donald Rumsfeld would say it's an "Unknown Norne"... :dt880smile:

Dec 12, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #4,819 of 6,464
Looks like the Vanquish.

Nope 100% Zoetic.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #4,821 of 6,464
Let’s call a spade a spade, hey??!!

All these “package deals” and “unknown“ or “unnamed” or “demo” cables that people talk about/sell:

i’m thinking they all mean: these were freebies/gifts from Trevor.

i’ve been the recipient of a couple myself, due to other purchases that i had ordered with Trevor

part of Trevor’s service :)

Dec 12, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #4,823 of 6,464
Looks like the Vanquish.

Nope 100% Zoetic.

IMG_6849.JPG

Perhaps... Vanquish is on the left (wood splitter) with TRS adapter. I purchased the very first Vanquish from Trevor. It was an "Unknown Norne" at the time. @paradoxper
The original silverguards were twisted instead of braided. Could be all silver. Can remove the termination housing to confirm.

NO NO NO NO NO!!! I'm not doing that!!!:dt880smile:

Let’s call a spade a spade, hey??!!

All these “package deals” and “unknown“ or “unnamed” or “demo” cables that people talk about/sell:

i’m thinking they all mean: these were freebies/gifts from Trevor.

i’ve been the recipient of a couple myself, due to other purchases that i had ordered with Trevor

part of Trevor’s service :)
SHOOOOOOOO!!!! Where do I sign up???:dt880smile::L3000:

Dec 12, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #4,824 of 6,464
Dec 12, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #4,827 of 6,464
I just asked the guy and he said he'll try to find his emails with Trevor... For now at least we can call it the "mystery cable"
or as Donald Rumsfeld would say it's an "Unknown Norne"... :dt880smile:
Is that "an unknown Unkown or a known Unknown?" ... Always makes me laugh when I am reminded of this.

Dec 13, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #4,829 of 6,464
Did anyone here ever get a cable for the T+A Solitaire P from Trevor?
Does he have fitting terminations?

I asked trevor directly, but maybe I can get an answer sooner here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back