Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Dec 4, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #4,787 of 6,464
Just succumbed to temptation and ordered the Vykari Reference cable for my HE-1000SE. Currently using S3 cable and have been enjoying it, but it seems like Vykari Reference could be an upgrade. Look forward to it, but it is likely to be a long wait, hope it will be worth the wait.

Dec 4, 2020 at 8:47 PM Post #4,788 of 6,464
Just succumbed to temptation and ordered the Vykari Reference cable for my HE-1000SE. Currently using S3 cable and have been enjoying it, but it seems like Vykari Reference could be an upgrade. Look forward to it, but it is likely to be a long wait, hope it will be worth the wait.

I can only pray that someday I have a system so thoroughly debugged that upgrading from an S3 seems worth a try.

Dec 5, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #4,791 of 6,464
Has anybody have the volsund cable if may ask? I understand it is exactly like the silvergarde only that its copper.

Perhaps you could share impressions of the volsund. Thank you
It’s more or less like the draug, but with a bit of silver from my understanding!
The Volsund is thinner than the Draug and also a little cheaper.
It's a sleeved cable and therefore "looks like" a Silvergarde however it is pure copper.

I never heard it, but it is basically the most affordable cable in trevors line up.

The cable with a little silver is the Skraug.
It is basically a Volsund with some additional silver. I can totally recommend it to those who don't want to break the bank. It is significantly better than all the stock cables I know.

If you want a top Performance but pure copper, I recommend the Drausk

Dec 5, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #4,793 of 6,464
Has anybody have the volsund cable if may ask? I understand it is exactly like the silvergarde only that its copper.

Perhaps you could share impressions of the volsund. Thank you
I have a naked volsund And a sleeved volsund. All copper. I preferred it to the draug 2 that i once had. I have not heard the draug 3. I found the d2 was a little too bottom rich for my preferences.

i enjoy the volsund with my hd800 (Sleeve version)
I primarily used the naked version with my auteur that simply gave me “more auter“.

however my favourite cable is the silver draug that i bought a year or two ago. I preferred that over the silvergarde 2. i never heard the 3.

my next cable will most likely be the silvergarde 4

i have also found trevor’s (thinner) solv x3 hybrid to be superb value and very well balanced.
obviously not as much detail as silver draug but the solv x3 is NOT closed or low ok detail at all

hope that helps

Dec 5, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #4,794 of 6,464
Hey all, sorry for my longer reply on the thread here. Thanks to all for the great support and your posts. Also thanks to all that joined in on this years Black Friday. I am going to read back and see what questions I may have missed and also shoot over PMs as needed.
Note that if for some reason you do not have a same day reply via contact form on the site, please just compose a direct email to "norneaudio@gmail.com" as an alternate route (especially if you use hotmail). Right now my replies are returning back to normal again with my inbox and I should be back to the same day reply (including weekends now). Feel free to bump your email anytime in my inbox as well.

I have been busy as always trying to keep on top of everything and get orders built as fast as my hands allow.
So far things are going well, lots of builds finishing up this weekend and dropping on Monday.

But I just wanted to do a quick post and say thanks as always. The support as well as patience is greatly appreciated on my end. I am lucky to have such great people
in the audiophile / headphone loving community for customers. I will certainly be trying to make my posts here much more frequent with updates. Thanks guys! Happy Holidays.

Dec 6, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #4,795 of 6,464
Hey all, sorry for my longer reply on the thread here. Thanks to all for the great support and your posts. Also thanks to all that joined in on this years Black Friday. I am going to read back and see what questions I may have missed and also shoot over PMs as needed.
Note that if for some reason you do not have a same day reply via contact form on the site, please just compose a direct email to "norneaudio@gmail.com" as an alternate route (especially if you use hotmail). Right now my replies are returning back to normal again with my inbox and I should be back to the same day reply (including weekends now). Feel free to bump your email anytime in my inbox as well.

I have been busy as always trying to keep on top of everything and get orders built as fast as my hands allow.
So far things are going well, lots of builds finishing up this weekend and dropping on Monday.

But I just wanted to do a quick post and say thanks as always. The support as well as patience is greatly appreciated on my end. I am lucky to have such great people
in the audiophile / headphone loving community for customers. I will certainly be trying to make my posts here much more frequent with updates. Thanks guys! Happy Holidays.
Keep it up bud! We'll always support you. I and many others here share the same sentiment of appreciation of who you are and what you do for the community! :)

Dec 6, 2020 at 4:18 AM Post #4,796 of 6,464
New Vykari fan here. I’ve got one on order including speaker tap adapter for my Riviera amp. Trevor was kind enough to let me upgrade an already executed S4 order. Just look at this beautiful cable.
ED542E56-C0E9-4AE9-B900-CB8EEBC1A10F.png

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2020 at 8:31 PM Post #4,799 of 6,464
Hmm any

Curious if I could get some help identifying a cable. Looked through the Norne site and couldn't seem to find the material. I'll gladly post a picture in this thread but just don't have the time currently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back