Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Aug 21, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #3,917 of 6,460
Peace and love to you from across the pond @TigzStudio
- will have an email for you soon Kef
Likewise to you too
- have a tracking for you shortly buddy.
- last tracking coming for you very soon, thanks Claud!

Many thanks guys, I really appreciate the thoughts. I count myself quite lucky to have such awesome folks as customers like you all.

I wanted to take few moments to discuss my journey with Trevor and Norne Audio, especially given the frustration by a few over the past few weeks.
]

Matt thank you again for taking the time to share your experience as well, it has been a pleasure having you as a customer all these years.
Hard to believe how quick the time has gone by. Can't believe I will be hitting the 10 year anniversary mark.

Update for all:
I should actually have the backlog finally cleared out by mid to late next week, including (hopefully) all reterminations as well.
For questions on ship time, tracking or for updates please email me, and feel free as always to bump your email as much as you like in my inbox. My reply times should be same day and within hours
right now (M-S, 7am-8pm pst).

As always I appreciate all the posts, support, thoughts and of course feedback for me.
I am always working to improve and make the experience the best I can. Thankful for you all.

Aug 21, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #3,919 of 6,460
Those Draug 3s are something else. I have an HD 600 that is 25 years old if a day. I got my HD 600/650 Draug 3 today from Trevor and installed it and listened to some Maroon 5 on my Stratus CD system. I have never heard much bass on this headphone, but now I not only hear bass, but nicely defined bass with sweet highs. ITs a whole new headphone!!

Aug 21, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #3,920 of 6,460
Those Draug 3s are something else. I have an HD 600 that is 25 years old if a day. I got my HD 600/650 Draug 3 today from Trevor and installed it and listened to some Maroon 5 on my Stratus CD system. I have never heard much bass on this headphone, but now I not only hear bass, but nicely defined bass with sweet highs. ITs a whole new headphone!!
Awesome stuff!

Aug 23, 2019 at 12:42 AM Post #3,921 of 6,460
I recently purchased my first Norne headphone cable from Trevor. I purchased a Silvergarde S3 cable for my Focal Stellia Headphones. I emailed Trevor to get the ball rolling and his recommendations with respect to the best cable for my Stellia were spot on. The cable is just beautiful, like a work of art. But wow oh wow, the cable has really improved my Stellia headphone in ever aspect. I would like to know the magic sauce he uses to build cables. Whatever it is, I am a believer now. The bass, which was already pretty good on the Stellia, is more accurate and detailed. The cable opened up the soundstage too making the closed back Stellia sound like an open back headphone. But the improvement that I am enjoying the most is the mids, especially vocals. It’s hard to describe, but vocals have such a sweet sound now. My favorite improvements overall are the increased soundstage and the sweet sounding vocals.

Trevor terminated my cable with a balanced 2.5 mm connector to use with my Astell & Kern Kann Cube. I mentioned this because Trevor also sells adaptors for this connector type including 3.5 mm and balanced XLR. My friend and I tested my Stellia with Trevor’s cable and the XLR adaptor on my friend’s new Benchmark HPA4 headphone amp. This is a magical pairing!

The first thing that I am going to do after the next time I buy a new headphone is contact Trevor.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #3,923 of 6,460
I recently purchased my first Norne headphone cable from Trevor. I purchased a Silvergarde S3 cable for my Focal Stellia Headphones. I emailed Trevor to get the ball rolling and his recommendations with respect to the best cable for my Stellia were spot on. The cable is just beautiful, like a work of art. But wow oh wow, the cable has really improved my Stellia headphone in ever aspect. I would like to know the magic sauce he uses to build cables. Whatever it is, I am a believer now. The bass, which was already pretty good on the Stellia, is more accurate and detailed. The cable opened up the soundstage too making the closed back Stellia sound like an open back headphone. But the improvement that I am enjoying the most is the mids, especially vocals. It’s hard to describe, but vocals have such a sweet sound now. My favorite improvements overall are the increased soundstage and the sweet sounding vocals.

Trevor terminated my cable with a balanced 2.5 mm connector to use with my Astell & Kern Kann Cube. I mentioned this because Trevor also sells adaptors for this connector type including 3.5 mm and balanced XLR. My friend and I tested my Stellia with Trevor’s cable and the XLR adaptor on my friend’s new Benchmark HPA4 headphone amp. This is a magical pairing!

The first thing that I am going to do after the next time I buy a new headphone is contact Trevor.

Using Norne cable from Utopia to HPA4. Love it and set for a very long time.

Aug 26, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #3,924 of 6,460
Just received my another top cable for Focal Utopia.Its S3 8wire with two adapters 4pin Xlr-3.5mm and 4pin xlr-4.4mm.
Build quality is amazing,it is very beautiful and premium design.

Attachments

• image1-1.jpeg
    image1-1.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8799.jpg
    IMG_8799.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8800.jpg
    IMG_8800.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8801.jpg
    IMG_8801.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Aug 26, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #3,927 of 6,460
Aug 28, 2019 at 8:57 PM Post #3,929 of 6,460
Got my 8-wire Silvergrade S3 (8x20 awg, equivalent 17 awg) for my ZMF Verite and LCD-4 today. What can I say!? The built quality of this cable is just flawless to me. Trevor has done a great job again and I thank him for making this great cable and most importantly his great customer service as always. Trevor has apologized to me couple times for the delay of this shipment but when I opened my package today...I knew it right away the wait is totally worth it!

Just hook up this cable with my Verite HP, the initial listening feedback I have for this cable is overwhelmn positive. Compared to the previously ordered Silvergrade S3 4-wire cable, the bass seems to be more punchy/dense and extended deeper perhaps. Sound stage wise it might be slight better for 8-wire but it is really hard to tell. Mid-range presentation is smooth and warm. Treble is definitely not bright (which is to my personal taste) and still maintain the warm sound characteristic from Silvergrade S3 cable. Also when I use the 8-wire cable the background is a bit darker than 4-wire as well. In turn of details, there is definitely a bit more subtle details in 8-wire than 4-wire. What I mean is that 8-wire seems to present these details effortless.

I know I still need to give this cable a bit more time to burn-in but the initial experience is just great! Overall I think 4-wire Silvergrade S3 cable is already a great cable and would definitely recommend it. However if you are looking for a bit extra sound quality and willing to pay extra then go for the 8-wire Silvergrade S3 cable!

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #3,930 of 6,460
Got my 8-wire Silvergrade S3 (8x17 awg) for my ZMF Verite and LCD-4 today. What can I say!? The built quality of this cable is just flawless to me. Trevor has done a great job again and I thank him for making this great cable and most importantly his great customer service as always. Trevor has apologized to me couple times for the delay of this shipment but when I opened my package today...I knew it right away the wait is totally worth it!

Just hook up this cable with my Verite HP, the initial listening feedback I have for this cable is overwhelmn positive. Compared to the previously ordered Silvergrade S3 4-wire cable, the bass seems to be more punchy/dense and extended deeper perhaps. Sound stage wise it might be slight better for 8-wire but it is really hard to tell. Mid-range presentation is smooth and warm. Treble is definitely not bright (which is to my personal taste) and still maintain the warm sound characteristic from Silvergrade S3 cable. Also when I use the 8-wire cable the background is a bit darker than 4-wire as well. In turn of details, there is definitely a bit more subtle details in 8-wire than 4-wire. What I mean is that 8-wire seems to present these details effortless.

I know I still need to give this cable a bit more time to burn-in but the initial experience is just great! Overall I think 4-wire Silvergrade S3 cable is already a great cable and would definitely recommend it. However if you are looking for a bit extra sound quality and willing to pay extra then go for the 8-wire Silvergrade S3 cable!

Thanks for your enthusiastic report. One question about the specs of the cable : Trevor mentioned an 8-wire Silvergarde S3-C (18awg cable) to me once in e-mail, but I do not recall him mentioning an 8-wire Silvergrade S3 (8x17 awg)... Do you know whether these are two entirely different cables or whether it might be the same cable being called by two different names?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back