Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
May 25, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #3,676 of 6,461
Speaking of which, has anyone been able to buy the 8 wire version he advertised as a special order?

It been a few months & I can't say I heard anyone who purchased one. I'd love to know how it differs from the 4 wire version.

S3 sounding very nice both with my Z1R and Stellia,but I prefer Focal Utopia for its neutral and more detailed sound.So I wish to buy a real hi end cable for them.Trevor offers S3Clear 4/8wire cable for Utopia.But I know that he had made 12 wire version of S3 for Abyss,for one of the Head Fiers

May 25, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #3,677 of 6,461
Just received Silvergarde S3 from Trevor.Outstanding quality and another level of sound.
I wish Trevor will be able to create a 12wire silver prototype)))

The standard S3 is 4-wire. He does also mention on his site that he makes an 8-wire. Trevor did mention in e-mail that he has also made a 12-wire for a customer who asked for it so if that's what you want, it sounds like he can make it. In the e-mail exchange I had with him, it did seem like it was significant diminishing returns (and the standard 4-wire S3 isn't exactly inexpensive to being with), so for me I just went with the standard 4-wire S3 (I have 3 on order so, I guess I technically say I have 12 wires on the way :) ).

May 25, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #3,678 of 6,461
Trevor sent me a S3C just prior to my surgery, damn, I may never go back to copper! The Vérité is such a musical headphone, the S3C maintains that, but adds a humpback whale’s salad of plankton to the mix (yes, I’m on strong pain medication). The stage opens up, fore and aft, with the imaging improving inline with the increase in information.

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #3,680 of 6,461
Trevor sent me a S3C just prior to my surgery, damn, I may never go back to copper! The Vérité is such a musical headphone, rage S3C maintains that, but adds a humpback whale’s salad of plankton to the mix (yes, I’m on strong pain medication). The stage opens up, fore and aft, with the imaging improving inline with the increase in information.

Silver sure is addicting isn't it? I agree with everything you have to say. Notes are also more clearly defined and it makes it easier to pick out an instrumental line. Is so much fun.

So now what about your interconnect...guessing that's still copper? I asked Trevor to make me an S3 RCA interconnect (he does have a section on his website, but it's blank). I would have also asked for an XLR too (and may do so in the future anyway) if I didn't already find a very nice one on closeout earlier this year.

May 26, 2019 at 5:03 AM Post #3,681 of 6,461
Trevor sent me a S3C just prior to my surgery, damn, I may never go back to copper! The Vérité is such a musical headphone, rage S3C maintains that, but adds a humpback whale’s salad of plankton to the mix (yes, I’m on strong pain medication). The stage opens up, fore and aft, with the imaging improving inline with the increase in information.
After reading this post, I have never wanted this cable more, than I do now!

May 27, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #3,682 of 6,461
Speaking of which, has anyone been able to buy the 8 wire version he advertised as a special order?

It been a few months & I can't say I heard anyone who purchased one. I'd love to know how it differs from the 4 wire version.

I will be getting my 8 wire version tomorrow for my Empyreans...

May 27, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #3,683 of 6,461
Last edited:
May 28, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #3,685 of 6,461
That S3 is very similar to mine! What plug is that? Nice photo btw.

Not sure about the connectors on the headphone side, but on the other end it appears to be a Furutech FT-735

http://www.furutech.com/2013/03/18/6100/

FT-735-R.jpg

May 28, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #3,686 of 6,461
My Silvergarde S 3 IEM cord arriving tomorrow,

May 28, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #3,687 of 6,461

I have one but I can only compare it to the moon audio Silver dragon in my opinion is a step up from the silver dragon definitely. Not subtle At all

Last edited:
May 28, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #3,688 of 6,461
Finally got my ZMF Verite Ziricote today and was able to to pair with Silvergrade S3 I received from Trevor couple weeks ago. Trevor, as always, was very helpful in helping me choose the best cable for my taste to pair with Verite. I know I still need more time to burn-in this pair but the first impression is just great! The sound stage is wide open with slight warm sound quality(still a tiny bit dry if I may say so but think once the burn-in is completed it will disappear) yet without losing the details from the classical orchestra music I am listening to. Again Trevor delivered another great cable along with one of the best customer service I have ever experienced. Thank you!

May 28, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #3,689 of 6,461
@audiofest2018 , thanks for the update, that’s exactly the information I’m looking for. Looks like my Vérité needs a matching S3!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back