Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jan 7, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #3,031 of 6,511
So my Solvine Black Friday order was messed up, and I was offered a free upgrade to Draug Silver. Been listening to them over the weekend. I gotta say, it is a really impressive cable. It sounds smoother than both my Forza Claire Copper cable and Lavricables Ultimate Silver cable. Sounds larger too.The bass is the most surprising. It sounds as hefty as the copper with better speed/dynamic(?). I can see why this is an end-game cable. Sounds amazing with my Z1R. Can't wait to try it with the Focal Clear when I get the chance.

Jan 7, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #3,032 of 6,511
So my Solvine Black Friday order was messed up, and I was offered a free upgrade to Draug Silver. Been listening to them over the weekend. I gotta say, it is a really impressive cable. It sounds smoother than both my Forza Claire Copper cable and Lavricables Ultimate Silver cable. Sounds larger too.The bass is the most surprising. It sounds as hefty as the copper with better speed/dynamic(?). I can see why this is an end-game cable. Sounds amazing with my Z1R. Can't wait to try it with the Focal Clear when I get the chance.
I am waiting for my Solvine as well.

Jan 8, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #3,033 of 6,511
From reading your post, I am really interested in Draug Silver.

Jan 8, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #3,034 of 6,511
I am waiting for my Solvine as well.
I initially wanted to order a Solvine cable for my Aurisonics ASG 2.5/2.0's, but was later sold on the Silvergarde S cable. The description of sound characteristics are comparatively close between the Solvine/Silvergarde S to what I've read.
I can hardly wait to see how the Silvergarde will change the now beautiful presentation I hear from my current rig! As it stands, when listening, I lust for more and more tunes. It's unbelievable how addictive this hobby can be!

Jan 10, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #3,036 of 6,511
I am interested to order Draug Silver. But the website only shown an image that is unclickable.
Do I need to send an email to purchase?
Still debating with myself on copper vs silver for Utopia.
Thanks.
I'm waiting for my Draug Silver for my Utopia too. You have to contact Trevor directly to order his flagship cable.

I currently use my Utopia with an aftermarket really high end OCC silver cable in 21 AWG. The trick with silver, is to have a sufficient thicker gauge to really benefit from it. Smaller gauge like 26 or 24 are not enough IMO to get full body satisfying sound. But with with 21 or bigger (Draug Silver is 20 AWG) gauge, you will get smooth, detailed, open and full sound with really good bass (quality and quantity). But it's more expensive for sure. . Monocrystal or OCC and the purity of silver is as important as the gauge also IMHO.

Jan 10, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #3,037 of 6,511
Wow thank you! This is super helpful. I think I will order Draug Silver to give it a try. I just hope it doesn’t have to be 2 months of waiting :) In the mean time I will just try to source a decent enough cable. Can’t stand with the big heavyweight and long of stock cable.

Jan 20, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #3,038 of 6,511
Trevor is working very very hard, I can assure you. His dedication to making beautiful cables is unparalleled, a lone artist doing his craft. The man is working night and day to braid countless Draugs. I call for us all to give the man a "shout-out" for providing this best of options for purchasing after-market cables without blowing our wallets into tears.

Jan 24, 2018 at 4:21 AM Post #3,040 of 6,511
I have so far purchased 3 cables from Trevor so far.
I can ensure you that Trevor is a great guy to deal with.
His cables look and sound great too.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #3,043 of 6,511
I sold my HD800 a while back to someone at work. I said I had an upgraded cable but he wasn't interested. Took the Draug 2 just in case. He tried the stock and then the Draug 2 and his jaw dropped. He said there was no way he could buy the headphones without this cable.

Jan 26, 2018 at 12:44 AM Post #3,044 of 6,511
I sold my HD800 a while back to someone at work. I said I had an upgraded cable but he wasn't interested. Took the Draug 2 just in case. He tried the stock and then the Draug 2 and his jaw dropped. He said there was no way he could buy the headphones without this cable.

Stock cables are garbage. The capacitance is through the roof on those.

Jan 26, 2018 at 1:02 AM Post #3,045 of 6,511
Ugh you guys need to stop talking about how much of an upgrade the Draug series cables are for the HD 800. It's already enough pain having to wait for my incoming Draug V3 for my HD 800!!! - Kidding of course :)

But seriously I can't wait to listen to it, will be sure to take some pictures when I get it. Some sound impressions as well! :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back