Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Mar 7, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #2,701 of 6,459

Thanks to all for your patience in delay in reply from my two days off, if anyone was sent a tracking and it still shows
label created it will either update today or you will be sent a new tracking number if not. 

Hi Trevor, would you mind checking Order #4613 please, as it still shows "USPS Awaiting Item" from Feb 24 (about the time you made the post I just quoted).

John

Mar 7, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #2,702 of 6,459
Hey guys,
Sorry I have not been able to check this thread for a couple days and I see 24 new posts....
I will check through them now, and make sure anything is resolved.

Again thanks to all for the patience.

Mar 8, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #2,704 of 6,459
  Hey guys,
Sorry I have not been able to check this thread for a couple days and I see 24 new posts....

I've sent a couple of emails requesting an update, the first one was quite a while ago.  I'm order #4709.  All I'm looking for is an updated ETA.  If my order is a ways out that's cool but I would appreciate a ballpark estimate.  You told everybody last week you were all caught up on replies and I never received a reply to my inquiry so I just want to make sure I didn't fall in a crack. 

I'm just now starting to realize just how busy you are and how long the lead times are.  I wasn't "read up" before I bought.  But, not even being able to get a quick reply to an email inquiry after more than a month regarding something that's already paid for is a little bit disconcerting you know?  If you tell me I'm another 2 months out then you won't hear another peep out of me for 2 months, but I would appreciate an update so I know what to expect at this point.

Thanks.

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #2,707 of 6,459
  Hey guys,

Hi Trevor,

Please check my email dated Mar 1.
I sent it Mar 2 but I'm all the way Down Under!

Cheers

G

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #2,708 of 6,459
is the Eternus still available?

At this time it was replaced with the newer options, but there are a few units
still left that can be acquired through email.

Thank you again Mimouille for the support, most important I am glad you are enjoying it. 

Appreciate all his hard work and look forward to sharing possibly the first non-commercial Silver Draug photos!

Considering the length of time on this one, I thank you for your cordial and nice comments. 
You are extremely patient and forgiving!

Best for folks to shoot me an email for descriptions of everything as I am MOT here. 
Describing specs. on my top cables here on the thread might be seen as promotional.  
I love head-fi personally and have been a member for quite a long time, so I appreciate this site greatly
and want to abide by their set rules.  Afterall I have to thank headfi from way back in 2004 for really getting
me deeper and deeper into my love of headphones. 

I have special bonuses going out to those waiting for SG cotton cores due to longer delays on them, since it  has been taking so long.
I will have the update for you soon in email.
Certain things with my own manufacturer I cannot always control, so I am given an estimate
and that changes on me, etc.  Try my best to get all updates out. 

to all:
I am about to go on another one of my cable producing marathons,
hopefully I will come out on the other side with tracking numbers for many many people,
especially the ones ready to strangle me!  I very much truly do appreciate
the patience of everyone, I will do my best to make as many people as happy as I can over the next
non-stop building cycle.   

Mar 11, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #2,709 of 6,459
My Solv X came in today.  Thanks again to Trevor for bending over backwards when he's so busy.  The packaging and presentation is very professional I must say, and the cable itself looks very well made.

If my past experience with silver is any indication it will be at least 50-100 hours before I hear the real character of the new sound.  Once the "omg where did the bass go?" phase passes I intend to break in by listening.  We'll see where it goes.

Mar 14, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #2,710 of 6,459
Mar 15, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #2,711 of 6,459
Hi All,

I wanted to leave some public feedback here regarding the quality of the customer service that I received from Trevor at Norne Audio.  About three years ago I purchased a cable from Norne Audio for my then LCD-2s which I have since upgraded to LCD-XCs.  I love the cable and have used it extensively over the past three years.  Well, a couple of months ago my cans had an accidental fall which ended up shearing off one of the connectors at the connection point on the headphones.  This was clearly an accident and completely my own fault.  At any rate, I recently contacted Trevor to ask about having the cable repaired.  He replied to me within just a couple of hours and told me that he would gladly replace my cable for free.  I was dumbfounded by his generous offer.  He said that his cables all carry a lifetime transferable guarantee and that in this case the guarantee would cover my accident.

I'm not suggesting that he is going to replace every cable that you mangle on purpose, but the fact that he is willing to give me a brand new cable after three years use really speaks very highly of the kind of person he is and the kind of business that he runs.  I could not be happier and I look forward to receiving my replacement cable next week.

Cheers!

Mar 15, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #2,712 of 6,459
 I could not be happier and I look forward to receiving my replacement cable next week.

I am dealing with Trevor from last 5 years or so. Believe me, he is simply the best out there.

Mar 16, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #2,713 of 6,459

Just got my silvergarde s for my Z1R yesterday.

Very impressive sounding, the bass is tighten and the treble extension is better!

And the craftsmanship is top notch!

Just beating the stock cable in every aspect.

Mar 16, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #2,715 of 6,459
What made you decide between this and the new silver draug? I also have the fantastic Z1R and on the fence between these two cables.

Well, pretty simple, because silvergarde s is under my budget :)

And the silvergarde s seems to have more bass while silver draug have better treble extension (not sure where I read this impression)

I believe these two are both excellent cables, you can't go wrong with either one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back