Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Mar 5, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #2,686 of 6,459

Wow, that's a heck of a wonderful cable. Did you sell the hd800? 

No - i still have the hd800.

I have quite a few different tweaks available in my system and I had to let something go to justify/compensate me buying an lcd2 to complement my hd800

It was hard to decide to sell the arcane but it was about balancing what I have and what i'm likely to use most - and i can always come back to an arcane if i choose to

i have a wa2 amp with quite a few tube options.

My preferred cable for my set up is the Silvergarde s. Detail is very important to me (re preferences) and as my tube amp and dac (metrum hex) has the upper end of the hd800 under control the silvergarde works REALLY well for me

In essence I'm swapping the punchy but highly detailed sound of the arcane for the rumbling of the bass of the lcd 2, as i mentioned, to complement my hd800

and looking to get some adapters from trevor so as to use my silvergards s with my lcd 2 as i think that should work as well

Mar 5, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #2,687 of 6,459
  I waited a while.. I ordered end of Nov 2016, just received it last week, so a bit more than 3 months.  I think you should expect that much wait time, this way you won't get anxious couple weeks into.

Trevor can chime in an give more specifics.. I think he mentioned there's some banner on the site not that state the realistic wait time.

This is helpful info.  Thanks.  I sent a short email a while ago asking for a rough ETA timeframe and never even got a response to that.  Knowing that it's months and not weeks means I just need to put it completely out of my mind for a while.

Mar 6, 2017 at 1:51 AM Post #2,689 of 6,459
is the Eternus still available?
I dont beleive so

The two silver cables i know of are the new silvergarde (silvergarde 2) and the silver draug

Mar 6, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #2,691 of 6,459
That's one seriously fantastic looking cable!

Mar 6, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #2,692 of 6,459
mim, I think Trevor made a mistake. That one should have come to me :D Anyway, I should be getting mine with 4.4 termination anytime now. Can't believe you did not terminate in balance, 2.5 or 4.4.

Mar 6, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #2,693 of 6,459
mim, I think Trevor made a mistake. That one should have come to me
biggrin.gif
Anyway, I should be getting mine with 4.4 termination anytime now. Can't believe you did not terminate in balance, 2.5 or 4.4.

Actually I have at least three 4.4 cables and same for 2.5. And almost no SE, which is an issue as the LPG is still my goto DAP. So this cable is my LPG cable. Now I might get another one in 4.4 because I love it.

Mar 6, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #2,694 of 6,459
Actually I have at least three 4.4 cables and same for 2.5. And almost no SE, which is an issue as the LPG is still my goto DAP. So this cable is my LPG cable. Now I might get another one in 4.4 because I love it.

Well I have a Silvergarde S2 and a silver Draug w/ cotton 8 core coming. By the way, since you are an iem guy, do you want me to pick up a Tia Forte for you when I go to SoCal can Jam? :D

Mar 6, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #2,695 of 6,459
  I just received my Silvergarde from Trevor. Excellent service and the most beautiful cable I have owned I think.

That looks awesome.

For those interested in a silver cable, I have the Silver Draug coming tomorrow! Will post photos when it comes!

It has been a long journey with this particular cable but Trevor has been very attentive and helpful, especially considering he is a 1 man band and has been working over time. Appreciate all his hard work and look forward to sharing possibly the first non-commercial Silver Draug photos!

Mar 6, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #2,696 of 6,459
That looks awesome.

For those interested in a silver cable, I have the Silver Draug coming tomorrow! Will post photos when it comes!

It has been a long journey with this particular cable but Trevor has been very attentive and helpful, especially considering he is a 1 man band and has been working over time. Appreciate all his hard work and look forward to sharing possibly the first non-commercial Silver Draug photos!

What is your silver Draug terminated for? Is it the four cores or the eight cores?

Mar 6, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #2,697 of 6,459
Not sure but tbh probably the 4 core? I will ask Trevor... Or maybe he can update here. Mines terminated with 4pin XLR. Checked the postage again just in case but it won't get here until tomorrow unfortunately.

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:49 AM Post #2,699 of 6,459
Well I have a Silvergarde S2 and a silver Draug w/ cotton 8 core coming. By the way, since you are an iem guy, do you want me to pick up a Tia Forte for you when I go to SoCal can Jam? :D

You can pick it up and send it to me, and I pay the amount that I feel is a fair assessment of its value based on my tastes :D

Hello Mimouille,
is this the cotton core version or the carbon core version ?
Thanks for your help.

Nicolas

One of the last carbon core. Honestly quote flexible, and impossible to tangle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back