Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
May 27, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #2,086 of 6,459
I will post some better impressions soon but just wanted to post a couple more picts of this wonderful cable. I'm just so taken by its beauty that I can't put it into words, just yet. Fabulous job Trevor, truly some great craftsmanship here.

I totally agree. I can't think of another pairing that looks better than your cable and ether.

I haven't heard the ether (yet) nor can I afford one at this point and I haven't heard the draug2 (yet) but I've ordered one but I am interested to hear how they match up when you get back to us.

May 28, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #2,087 of 6,459
I don't mean to be a sour grape, but I will say there could be improvement in regards to communication about wait times and delivery. I have been told directly by Trevor to expect delivery of my Draug2 on three different dates now, none of which have been met. I do appreciate his work and the fact he is a small business, but I would rather not be informed of pending deliveries 3 different times only to be opening my door to nothing. Just email me one time when you have actual tracking information and a confirmed delivery date, is all I ask as a customer.

May 28, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #2,088 of 6,459

I appreciate the early impressions Ginta, thank you for taking the time. 

Cagin I shot you an email with update, also will get you that pic today
to show temporarily how to solve the issue until you get the replacement. 

I will post some better impressions soon but just wanted to post a couple more picts of this wonderful cable. I'm just so taken by its beauty that I can't put it into words, just yet. Fabulous job Trevor, truly some great craftsmanship here.

Glad your happy RIch, thanks for the post and thoughts. 

AJ,

Your tracking number was sent, it would have been sent sooner to you but there were some scheduling conflicts. 

The Draug2 in a long length, and with a wood splitter, is most definitely the cable that takes the longest and most labor of any cables we offer at this time. 
But we will be working on remedying this once we pull the series down from our offerings for some time (~June 17-20th). 
We will forward you a bonus for the added few day delay, and for you being inconvenienced.  You will have it officially in your hands Tuesday because of the memorial day holiday.

edit:  A PM and email was sent with your shipping receipt and tracking number, details are also posted
on the tracking number currently.  It was free upgrade shipping as well. 
---------------------------

To everyone else I will be getting to emails within the next few hours, thank you very much for your patience.

I intend to make this 3 day weekend a big build weekend and try to set a personal record for how many cables can be pushed out for shipment on Tuesday.
For anyone else that has emailed me recently about their Draug 2 rest assured it is being worked on as quick as we can.

I will be answering emails all weekend as well.

May 28, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #2,089 of 6,459
Ok Trevor, I appreciate your attention to this matter! Like I said I'm not trying to be a sour grape or dissuade anyone from your business, all I would suggest is better communication with your customers on wait times with these long Draug 2 cables. I promise once I receive the product to post pictures and impressions right here! I am sure it's going to be worth the wait. 

Thanks again, your work is appreciated!

May 28, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #2,090 of 6,459
Just received an email this morning

My silvergarde for the hd800 is INCOMING!!!!!!!!

Can't wait.

One thing to add on Trevor's replies is yes they can take a couple of days sometimes and things can be pushed back a few days in Trevir and his small team keeping up with everything but Trevor did always get back to me. And if I emailed hm a second time he always responding happily with no sign I was interrupting him from his cable work. None at all

And the time and info he puts in to responding to queries and my many questions about his options and cables (before I committed to them) is absolutely second to none. I contacted some other cable manufacturers about their cables and some of their responses were quick but minimal in detail.

(As a comparison I emailed Alo twice about 8 weeks ago about comparing their cabke offerings and I emailed them through their preferred email on their website, I received an automated response /ticket and I'm still waiting.)

May 29, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #2,091 of 6,459

Here's a picture of my HD800S and the Norne Silvergarde S cable Trevor made. As mentioned before, this is a pure silver occ litz 4x22awg in clear sleeving by my choice. The cables arrived in a nice brown leather casing, with a cloth covering the y-split and another spare provided.

Having fully burned in the cables (not that I think they required much burn in), these cables are a huge step up to any copper of silver plated copper cables. This cable really is the epitome of end game transparency and micro level detail. The bass tightens up and becomes more defined, no muddyness at all. There really is no sibilance, I was so afraid of pure silver not being compatible with the HD800S but no, they are perfect together. Clarity and tone is very much improved over the stock balanced cables, I also felt that there was greater instrument separation and soundstage. Some of these effects while may be mild, are still noticeable when comparing side by side.

Sorry for the late post and review, I've just been enjoying them too much! Haha :)

May 29, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #2,092 of 6,459
Can anyone post the pricing on the silvergrade? They're still not up on the website.

May 29, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #2,093 of 6,459
Thanks for the notes essentiale

The silvergarde s and the hd800s always looked a good match on paper - particularly to tighten up that bottom end

It looks good too but i'm not 100% sure about your choice of splitter - a bit of engraving would have been pretty fancy :)

May 29, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #2,094 of 6,459
Thanks for the notes @essentiale

It looks good too but i'm not 100% sure about your choice of splitter - a bit of engraving would have been pretty fancy
smily_headphones1.gif

The engraving is most likely facing down.

May 29, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #2,095 of 6,459
May 30, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #2,096 of 6,459

Jozurr it is expected to be listed on site this coming week and no later, currently I am
deep in a big build batch so I have not had a chance to finalize updates on the site.

The engraving is most likely facing down.

Yessir!

Currently we just put the cnc engraving on only one side, that one in particular is the extra deep engraved black matte anodized AL splitter (engraving facing down)
One of the reasons I like engravings on one side only is you can quickly tell right from left channel simply by having the splitter logo face outward from you (redundancy with the normal indicators). 

to all:
Right now I getting to all emails for the day before I get back to work.
Thanks for the patience guys with slower reply today, they are coming shortly.

May 30, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #2,097 of 6,459
The engraving certainly was facing down. It actually looks like this... Image from Trevor

May 30, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #2,098 of 6,459
  Jozurr it is expected to be listed on site this coming week and no later, currently I am
deep in a big build batch so I have not had a chance to finalize updates on the site.

Yessir!

Currently we just put the cnc engraving on only one side, that one in particular is the extra deep engraved black matte anodized AL splitter (engraving facing down)
One of the reasons I like engravings on one side only is you can quickly tell right from left channel simply by having the splitter logo face outward from you (redundancy with the normal indicators). 

to all:
Right now I getting to all emails for the day before I get back to work.
Thanks for the patience guys with slower reply today, they are coming shortly.

Was just wanting someone to post the pricing on it. 

Also, would be great if more people shared pictures of their Silvergrade. I love seeing nice looking cable pics 
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #2,099 of 6,459

Also, would be great if more people shared pictures of their Silvergrade. I love seeing nice looking cable pics 
biggrin.gif

Should I presume that the Silvergarde is for fullsized HP's?

May 30, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #2,100 of 6,459

biggrin.gif

Should I presume that the Silvergarde is for fullsized HP's?

Yes I believe it is. As Therium is for IEM's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back