Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Feb 16, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #1,261 of 6,460
What about the Solv?

What is XLR HD series extra $50?

What is Furutech Rhuodium???!!!

I don't understand how the guys at Norne are expecting us to know about all the frustrating options!

It is confusing. I spoke with Trevor directly.  here is what i ordered: Eidolic 4-pin XLR came in stock as i ordered so i had those.  You can email trevor directly on norneaudio@gmail.com

Draug v2 - 8x24awg (24-wire / multi-core, equiv. 4x21awg) Litz OCC Tri Multi-Conductor headphone cable
  - Cable Color Choice: Black / Red (opaque)
  - Draug Headphone Type: Audeze LCD-2 / 3 / X..
  - Draug Length: 5 ft.
  - Termination: 4-pin XLR (Neutrik X..
  - Right / Left channel logo color selection: Red Metallic (all)
  - Exotic Wood Splitter Type (not required): No splitter / Black ..​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Draug v2 - 8x24awg (24-wire / multi-core, equiv. 4x21awg) Litz OCC Tri Multi-Conductor headphone cable
  - Cable Color Choice: Black / Red (opaque)
  - Draug Headphone Type: Sennheiser HD800
  - Draug Length: 5 ft.
  - Termination: 4-pin XLR (Neutrik X..
  - Right / Left channel logo color selection: Red Metallic (all)
  - Exotic Wood Splitter Type (not required): No splitter / Black ..​

Feb 17, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #1,262 of 6,460
My Vanquish cable for my Alpha Prime's arrived today, and they are gorgeous. Trevor is a master craftsman and this cable drips with mast quality craftsmanship. I got a 9 foot cable with terminating with mini Norne XLR connectors. Two one foot adapters, mini Norne XLR to XLR, and a the other adapters is mini Norne to 1/4th. I will take pics later tonight. I am surprised how light weight the cables are. It's too soon to say if the sound signature has changed any. I highly recommend Norne Cables to anyone looking for a fantastic custom cables.
Andrew Reddog Jones

Feb 17, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #1,263 of 6,460
My Vanquish cable for my Alpha Prime's arrived today, and they are gorgeous. Trevor is a master craftsman and this cable drips with mast quality craftsmanship. I got a 9 foot cable with terminating with mini Norne XLR connectors. Two one foot adapters, mini Norne XLR to XLR, and a the other adapters is mini Norne to 1/4th. I will take pics later tonight. I am surprised how light weight the cables are. It's too soon to say if the sound signature has changed any. I highly recommend Norne Cables to anyone looking for a fantastic custom cables.
Andrew Reddog Jones

Reddog, you will love the Vanquish with your Primes!!! Look forward to reading your feedback!!!

Feb 17, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #1,264 of 6,460
Reddog, you will love the Vanquish with your Primes!!! Look forward to reading your feedback!!!

Sure thing Wildcatsare1, I shall post pics tonight and give my impression/ feedback later this week. Hope you have a good day Wildcatsare1.

Feb 17, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #1,267 of 6,460
Ahh nice Trevor has added these to the webpage?

I will tell you when I order a pair 
smile.gif

The Solv X headphone cable is definitely a winner.

Feb 17, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #1,268 of 6,460
  Ahh nice Trevor has added these to the webpage?

I will tell you when I order a pair 
smile.gif

The Solv X headphone cable is definitely a winner.

Solv X is probably the best cable available for any headphone.....the design is phenomenal!  It will be interesting to hear your impressions about the interconnects!

Feb 17, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #1,269 of 6,460
I've ordered the Solv X, too.  Can't wait for it to get here.  

Feb 18, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #1,270 of 6,460
Trevor, please tell me you're secretly working on some new full copper interconnects, power and USB cables :)

Feb 18, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #1,271 of 6,460
  Has anyone tried the Solv interconnects? Care to share observations?

I have some on the way, but the wait right now is several months. I'll share my observations when the cables show up. :p

Feb 18, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #1,273 of 6,460
Here are some pictures of my new Vanquish cable for my Alpha Prime's.

Feb 18, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #1,274 of 6,460
  I can't wait to hear about them. Knowing Trevor one can bet they are superbly built.

Ahah.....just looked up you profile, we are alike, retired, love Norne Audio cables, Audioquest Diamond USB, all good!  I have Norne Solv X, Norne Draug 2, cables are terminated mini xlr, single end, and my LCD 2F, HE-6 fully modded, and T1 all have mini xlr adaption!  My Norne cables sound fantastic on all three headphones. I got a Metrum Octave MKII, and the sound is so analog.  I use jRiver MC20 with jPlay, and I let jRiver upsample 16/44 flac and Tidal streaming service to 176, the Octave loves hires, and so do the Norne cables, bigger soundstage width and depth, dynamics, natural sound, with all three headphones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back