Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Apr 16, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #782 of 6,459
Sleeving on the Draug would turn it into an electron hose, as has been aptly put before in this thread. The sleeved Skoll is already about as thick as a pinky finger and looks like it barely gets into some of the connectors.

Apr 27, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #787 of 6,459
Just placed an order for the Skoll Brown sleeved headphone cables, 5 ft with an ALO Balanced termination.

Customer service up until now has far exceeded my expectations, Trevor's willingness to work with just about anyone is just fantastic, I'll update you guys as soon as I receive them!

Apr 27, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #789 of 6,459
You should offer sleeved versions of that reign 24 and the draug!

Sleeving on the Draug would turn it into an electron hose, as has been aptly put before in this thread. The sleeved Skoll is already about as thick as a pinky finger and looks like it barely gets into some of the connectors.

Hey guys, indeed it would make it a bit larger, but even more so the labor added is a bit too much with a cable
that already has a lot of time involved on the build.  Because each conductor would have to be manually sleeved currently. 

Trevor I sent you an email about 5 days ago. Did you receive it?

Ryden please PM me your email address and I will run a search.  I will also check the spam folder now to see if maybe anything was missed. 
If you don't receive a reply in 1-3 hours, please try sending it again.  Another option is to use the "contact us" enquiry form on the site which will always
get to the inbox. 

May 2, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #790 of 6,459
MAJOR shoutout to Trevor!! Some of the best service I have ever experienced. He answered all of my questions promptly and in great detail. I just ordered a cable and cannot wait to hear if

May 2, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #791 of 6,459
I must agree with previous posters that Trevor has provided me with exemplary service.  He has really gone above and beyond in his service.  In that regard alone I highly recommend Trevor.

I have been throughly enjoying my Norne Audio Draug cable with my HD800s.  Nothing else has come close in performance.  Once you factor in price it is really a no brainer.  I am anxiously awaiting the time when I can place my next order!

May 3, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #792 of 6,459
This is another vouch for Trevor's amazing service. He was an absolute gentleman when working through the minor shipping issue that occurred with my order.

The cable itself is beautiful, and even little things like the logos on the heatshrink line up with each other. 10ft black sleeved Skoll, with speaker tap, 1/4 inch TRS and Audeze to HiFiMan adapters. I'd take photos but I don't think I can do them justice.

May 3, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #793 of 6,459
Just wanted to drop by quickly and confirm that what everyone has said about the stellar service offered by Trevor is absolutely, unequivocally true. After purchasing an LCD-2 cable from him a few years ago (before his cables had series names... he told me mine was the predecessor to the first Norn cable), I went back to purchase a few adapters for various things. (He still has the same type of cable as I purchased originally on hand). There was a bit of a mix-up on one of the adapters, and as soon as I brought it to his attention, Trevor went considerably above and beyond to make sure that I was not just fixed up, but felt so well-taken care of that I actually had to decline some of his generosity. I know have an adapter that fits my needs even better than the original would have, and came out significantly ahead in the whole deal overall-- and the adapter itself is absolutely gorgeous, of course!!

In my experience, issues are always going to happen with companies, no matter what-- the major point of differentiation is how those companies respond to issues, and how they leave their customers feeling at the end. Without reservation, I can wholeheartedly recommend Trevor and his company to anyone who might have an interest, and I'll be purchasing cables from him as long as he keeps selling them. 

Keep on truckin' Trevor... You guys are just incredible. Cheers!! 
beerchug.gif

May 5, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #795 of 6,459
I have received my Skoll Sleeved Brown 5ft cables from Trevor for my LCD-2's!

First and Formost, a shout out to Trevor for being the most Welcoming/Hospitable/Caring Person I've ever had the pleasure to deal with, Bar none.
He has gone above and beyond in satisfying me with my purchase and always left me with a smile on face.
Thank you so much for your amazing service Trevor.

Onto the cables.
---

Now my Audiophile vocabulary is slightly on the pathetic side but I'll try and explain the differences I've experienced after burning them in for 8 hours.

(A short note about the build quality, Simply fantastic, feels premium through and through, I don't see myself owning a pair of cables from anyone else for a long time.)

Highs: Now my LCD-2's were leaning towards a bright sound signature in the higher frequencies, to the point of sometimes making me flinch in surprise.
The Skoll's helped tame the higher frequencies by a mild amount but it decreased the amount of fatigue I get after 1-2 hours of listening, which makes it all so worth it.

One might even say it slightly recessed the highs (around 5-7%).

Mid-range: Oh the mids, the delicious mids, I never knew the LCD-2's could be so punchy/revealing. Now i critically listened to an album for the past week to keep tabs on the burn in of the LCD-2, so I know every single track by heart.

When I started hearing sounds that were hidden deep within the tracks I knew these cables were something special, not only that, but they made electronic music a joy to listen to! It's like my headphones are being ripped apart with the sheer amount of emphasis being produced.
The LCD-2's already had these characteristics before the cables, but they weren't fully fleshed out, so to speak, a bit restricted, North Korean government style. Now though, it's just performing at its fullest potential.

The simplest way to describe the difference is to say that It took everything amazing about the LCD-2's, and pushed the envelope by 15%.

Low-end: As others have noted, these cables did not drastically increase the amount of bass that is produced by the LCD-2's, but it did Tighten them up greatly, from flabby to controlled is the easiest way I can describe it without getting a brain aneurysm.
Now I don't know if this a placebo effect, but it feels like the LCD-2's able to produce bass that's a bit deeper down the depths of the track, It might be the cables transparent nature that brings out the deepest confines of a tracks bass pit.

Another way of describing it to people who may have owned Denon's D#000 Line up some time in their lives is to compare it with Mark-lawton's Dyna-mat mod, But unlike MarkL's mod, the amount of bass produced did not decrease in the slightest, instead, it increased it!

Soundstage: I wont lie, my DacMagic Plus is not so great with instrument separation and there is no feeling of...Air, it's a bit of a flunky in this department.

Hope you actually understood that, so on to the cables effect regarding this matter, They did not improve the feeling of Openness/Airiness by a whole lot, its barely noticeable on my setup to be honest, instrument separation though? yeah, it improved that, in spades.
From jumbled to discernible is the simplest way to describe it, my setup thoroughly needed it, the effect might not be so pronounced for other avid listeners due to different combinations of amplifying/sources, or I might be going insane!!
---

Well, that's it for my first ever cable review, I hope i explained everything in a manner which does not make a person want to break his monitor in frustration.

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the cables!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back