Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Oct 23, 2021 at 7:57 AM Post #5,551 of 6,511
The best looking cable Norne has ever made and one of the best sounding as well in my opinion. I have the exact same cable color and all, and use it daily and plan to continue using it for as long as I am around. Long live the Draug 3!
Well Draug 3 is now succeeded by newer Drausk. Supposed to be slightly better sound-wise but Draug 3 looks a lot more appealing to me. Yes I am a bit biased because I own one. LOL.

Oct 23, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #5,552 of 6,511
Well Draug 3 is now succeeded by newer Drausk. Supposed to be slightly better sound-wise but Draug 3 looks a lot more appealing to me. Yes I am a bit biased because I own one. LOL.
I imagine the Drausk sounds a bit different, but "better" might depend on preferences and synergy with the rest of the gear. For me the Draug 3 has just the right size, weight, ergonomics, looks and sonics to match my preferences and system synergy. I like the Draug 3 so much, I wish I would have bought another one before it was discontinued, to use with my single ended amp.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #5,553 of 6,511
I imagine the Drausk sounds a bit different, but "better" might depend on preferences and synergy with the rest of the gear. For me the Draug 3 has just the right size, weight, ergonomics, looks and sonics to match my preferences and system synergy. I like the Draug 3 so much, I wish I would have bought another one before it was discontinued, to use with my single ended amp.
I like Draug 3 so much that I have a Draug 3 XLR-to-SE adapter as well.

Attachments

• 2D3CE5AC-47B3-4E8D-9C65-8D89AAEF6468.jpeg
    2D3CE5AC-47B3-4E8D-9C65-8D89AAEF6468.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Oct 23, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #5,554 of 6,511
Let’s not forget the volsund that was around during the same time…..…..

……..which I own

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #5,555 of 6,511
All of the above mentioned copper cables are very nice quality cables.

I had a Draug 2 that I liked a lot with my HD800.....I let it go with the headphone then wished I would have kept it.

Eventually I got a Draug 3 because I missed it. I like mine on all 3 of my headphones...very versatile and euphoric sounding.

Today I am listening to it on my ZMF VC with tubes and some slow blues....very euphoric sound

ZMF2 (1).JPG

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #5,556 of 6,511
I have the Drausk (w/transparent cover) and never heard the Draug 3, so can't comment on any sonic differences.

But just like you, I love my Norne cable and wouldn't want to be without it.

I never spent much time time comparing my TOTL copper cables (Drausk + 2 ForzaAudioWorks HCP Noir MK2) to stock cables. I did hear small but meaningful differences when I did, all in favor of the aftermarket cables. But I quickly stopped comparing cables and just used these aftermarket cables to chase the fine sound I get from my headphones (blackwood Aeolus; silkwood VO; Final D8000; ZMF Ori). With headphones of this quality, listening becomes a sonic quest, since they readily show me differences between hardware of all kinds, as well as music recordings.

To be honest about it, by now these cables serve at least partly as sonic security blankets--their sturdy appearance & dependably excellent sound reassure me I'm getting the best out of my headphones. I don't have to think about cables at all anymore.

Oct 23, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #5,558 of 6,511
If anyone is interested, I am selling a Norne custom 21 AWG silver, 8-wire cable in the classifieds.

Oct 23, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #5,559 of 6,511
The best looking cable Norne has ever made and one of the best sounding as well in my opinion. I have the exact same cable color and all, and use it daily and plan to continue using it for as long as I am around. Long live the Draug 3!

I too have that Draug 3. It is an excellent match with my ZMFS. Too bad its not for sale anymore on the Norne site. Wanted to get another maybe

Oct 23, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #5,560 of 6,511
Has anyone tried ordering the DRAUSK LITE cable recently? Is it really out of stock? Figured it would be much faster to ask you guys than wait for a response from Trevor lol.
I wouldn't rely too much on the stock status shown. When I ordered my Drausk Lite it showed as in stock and I still waited quite a while for it. Well worth the wait quite honestly, even for those of us that don't have 'patience' appearing in our list of virtues. :laughing:

Oct 23, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #5,561 of 6,511
If anyone is interested, I am selling a Norne custom 21 AWG silver, 8-wire cable in the classifieds.
Do you nean 8x21 awg or a 8-wire cable equivalent to 4x21awg?

Oct 23, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #5,562 of 6,511
I have the Drausk (w/transparent cover) and never heard the Draug 3, so can't comment on any sonic differences.

But just like you, I love my Norne cable and wouldn't want to be without it.

I never spent much time time comparing my TOTL copper cables (Drausk + 2 ForzaAudioWorks HCP Noir MK2) to stock cables. I did hear small but meaningful differences when I did, all in favor of the aftermarket cables. But I quickly stopped comparing cables and just used these aftermarket cables to chase the fine sound I get from my headphones (blackwood Aeolus; silkwood VO; Final D8000; ZMF Ori). With headphones of this quality, listening becomes a sonic quest, since they readily show me differences between hardware of all kinds, as well as music recordings.

To be honest about it, by now these cables serve at least partly as sonic security blankets--their sturdy appearance & dependably excellent sound reassure me I'm getting the best out of my headphones. I don't have to think about cables at all anymore.
“Sonic security blankets” - like the description !

To me, quality headphone cable provides the last mile delivery of sonic bliss. Something one should not ignore if already invested in reasonably good gears. I came to realise it’s importance even more recently when I was without my Draug 3.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #5,563 of 6,511
Sound comparison please!!! :gs1000smile::L3000::ksc75smile:
Did some (short) sound comparisons and even though I want to like the Meze cable due to the amazing look & feel, it can't hold up with the Silvergarde S4 8-wire.

The Norne cable has more authority in the Bass and a thicker, fuller sound.
The Meze cable sounds thinner.
Both share amazing detail and imaging though.

Considering that the Meze cable is Made specifically for the Empyrean I can see that this isn't necessarily a Bad thing for other Empyrean owners.

For me the difference is Big enough that I Think about replacing the Meze cable with a Vykari when it's back in Stock.

For the price the Meze cable is excellent though. Really wonder how it would compete with Solvine or other mid tier Norne fusion cables.
According to Trevor the said difference is also what sets his Vykari and Silvergarde S4 8-wire apart from the rest of his lineup.

Oct 30, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #5,565 of 6,511
I just became the new owner of a pre-loved Draug 3, which will now be the main cable for my Focal Elears. I’m fortunate to have a Drausk as my main Stellia cable, so now I’m set. 😁 I’m thrilled, of course.

I have a Wireworld Nano Eclipse to use for seating far away from the setup as well, but will mostly listen with the Nornes. Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back