Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Nov 11, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #4,681 of 6,459
For the first time I use the stock cables of my Empyrean.

Sounds sort of lifeless when you're used to the Norne Skraug.

Also in Diskussion about a ToTL cable with trevor. Surprisingly I won't get a Silvergarde S4 but something new which doesn't even have a name yet

Nov 11, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #4,682 of 6,459
For the first time I use the stock cables of my Empyrean.

Sounds sort of lifeless when you're used to the Norne Skraug.

Also in Diskussion about a ToTL cable with trevor. Surprisingly I won't get a Silvergarde S4 but something new which doesn't even have a name yet

Lol what? I just emailed Trevor about an S4.. Now there is a new no name ToTL when the norne website doesn't even show the S4 yet!

Nov 11, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #4,683 of 6,459
Lol what? I just emailed Trevor about an S4.. Now there is a new no name ToTL when the norne website doesn't even show the S4 yet!
There are several ToTLs in the making.
Do you get the 8 wire or 4 wire S4?

I'd say the 8 wire is still the best cable he offers, but the new one could quite possibly be better than the 4 wire Version.

Nov 11, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #4,684 of 6,459
There are several ToTLs in the making.
Do you get the 8 wire or 4 wire S4?

I'd say the 8 wire is still the best cable he offers, but the new one could quite possibly be better than the 4 wire Version.

I wasn't sure what was offered for the S4, so just a general inquiry on pricing right now.

Could the new cable be a palladium offering? I'm just looking for a cable to mate to the Utopia/Stellia, whilst I continue using the AC palladium with the Susvara.

Nov 11, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #4,685 of 6,459
Hmmm, I'm interested to find out more about this other totl cable too. I've been working with Trevor on an S4 for my Susvara and also speaker taps, but if there's something better out there, I'd definitely consider.

Wasn't quite ready to go 8-wire yet since I have no idea how much of a difference that will make (and at double the cost..). It'd be great if some 8-wire owners could directly comment on how that compared to the 4-wires.

Nov 11, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #4,686 of 6,459
I wasn't sure what was offered for the S4, so just a general inquiry on pricing right now.

Could the new cable be a palladium offering? I'm just looking for a cable to mate to the Utopia/Stellia, whilst I continue using the AC palladium with the Susvara.
I don't know if he has any Palladium offerings.

The cable I'm referring to is a new ToTL Copper-Silver fusion cable. With a big gauge for a real full bodied sound.
It's about as thick as a Silvergarde S4 8-wire and priced in between the 2 Silvergarde S4 versions.

He also has a new ToTL pure copper cable in the making, but that is in an even earlier phase.

Nov 11, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #4,687 of 6,459
Hmmm, I'm interested to find out more about this other totl cable too. I've been working with Trevor on an S4 for my Susvara and also speaker taps, but if there's something better out there, I'd definitely consider.

Wasn't quite ready to go 8-wire yet since I have no idea how much of a difference that will make (and at double the cost..). It'd be great if some 8-wire owners could directly comment on how that compared to the 4-wires.
According to Trevor the 8 wire Version has more presence factor. Meaning a more full bodied sound and notes have more weight.

Since that is exactly what I crave in sound signature, I couldn't resist to go with one of his biggest gauges.

Nov 11, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #4,688 of 6,459
The new oversized fusion cable is a 17.3 gauge equivalent cable mix of copper and silver with a new unique braid design! It sounds lovely but sadly outside of my budget for now. Should be available soon, he is going to have it before Black Friday.

Lots of exciting news coming out of norne in the coming weeks!

Nov 11, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #4,689 of 6,459
The new oversized fusion cable is a 17.3 gauge equivalent cable mix of copper and silver with a new unique braid design! It sounds lovely but sadly outside of my budget for now. Should be available soon, he is going to have it before Black Friday.

That's exactly the one I will be getting

Nov 11, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #4,690 of 6,459

You need to email Trevor and ask him what he recommends for your Utopia. Here is a pic of what he sold me for my Utopia. Its a very good cable, but it doesn't have a name. Just tell him you want Claud's Utopia Cable.

D27C1108-8F8A-449F-B9C6-7D95AEAE1835_1_201_a.jpeg
DE827CB1-B045-4E80-B552-4907572C38EC_1_201_a.jpeg

Nov 11, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #4,691 of 6,459

Sounds like my Utopia cable in the pics.

Nov 11, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #4,692 of 6,459
You need to email Trevor and ask him what he recommends for your Utopia. Here is a pic of what he sold me for my Utopia. Its a very good cable, but it doesn't have a name. Just tell him you want Claud's Utopia Cable.

D27C1108-8F8A-449F-B9C6-7D95AEAE1835_1_201_a.jpegDE827CB1-B045-4E80-B552-4907572C38EC_1_201_a.jpeg

Thanks man. I'll inquire with Trevor! Your setup must sound as sweet as it looks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back