Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jun 21, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #4,382 of 6,459
Anyone selling a Norne cable?
I would order but the time is so long?

Yeah I’d suggest you buy it second hand if you don’t have extra patience. I’m a long time customer of Trevor and own plenty of his cables (I only buy aftermarket cables from him since 2015), and yet my last order hasn’t been fulfilled. I truly appreciate his effort to compensate me for the delay, but I may have run out of patience.

Jun 21, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #4,383 of 6,459
Yeah I’d suggest you buy it second hand if you don’t have extra patience. I’m a long time customer of Trevor and own plenty of his cables (I only buy aftermarket cables from him since 2015), and yet my last order hasn’t been fulfilled. I truly appreciate his effort to compensate me for the delay, but I may have run out of patience.
Just how long does it take?

Jun 21, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #4,384 of 6,459
Apologies, wrong thread --> deleted!

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #4,385 of 6,459
You might have replied on the wrong thread.
Interesting 24 hours, as I received Thomson 6080's (1980) and tried with various drivers in my Feliks-Audio Elise.

Jun 21, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #4,386 of 6,459
Interesting 24 hours, as I received Thomson 6080's (1980) and tried with various drivers in my Feliks-Audio Elise. Clearly, the description on page 1 of this thread that 6080's have wide stage is true...pretty cool but with some music it almost felt unnaturally wide. The overall tonality was very pleasing, bass nice and tuneful, mids lush if not quite forward enough, but the thing I couldn't get past was somewhat rolled of treble. I may offer these up for sale but am interested in the experience of others. Is this pleasing but too polite treble a 6080 trait or might a Mullard, Tung-Sol or other manufacturer add just a bit o'sparkle without crossing over into fatiguing sibilance. I know Bendix are highly regarded but they are PRICEY...worth it?

Anyway, for now it's back to my Genalex Gold Lion new production KT88's with an 6AS7G adapter. Stage a bit lacking compared to the Thomson 6080 but frequencies just right across the spectrum. Suggestions for my next 6080 venture would be appreciated!
You might have replied on the wrong thread.
What he said :)

Jun 21, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #4,387 of 6,459
I just had a random thought earlier. DAC/Amp circuitry is made of copper and so are headphones circuitry (I assume) and most cable connectors. I'm thinking perhaps the current passing through copper to silver to copper causes the difference in sound. Assuming all other factors are the same like wire thickness, I wonder if the sound would be similar if the cable only had partial silver wire vs all silver wire? ie 2 ft of silver in the middle then 2 ft of copper on each end. Meaning the current just needs to pass through some silver material to obtain silver-sound.

Jun 21, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #4,389 of 6,459
Just how long does it take?

Well I’ve been exchanging emails since December 2019 to enquire about getting a new customized cable, and it took him a long time just to reply one email. After a chain of emails (which took 5 months of exchanging emails since the response time is slow), I finally decided to order 2 cables (this is in mid-May) and the invoice came in last week of May. The cables was supposed to be shipped last Wednesday (after he previously missed a deadline) but got delayed again. He did explain the reasons (which are personal) and he gave me a compensation for the delay. So you see, you will definitely need the extra extra patience before you can enjoy the beuatiful sound of his cables.

Don’t get me wrong, I love his cables (probably I currently have around 5 of his Silvergarde SX, a couple of Therium, and a few SX dongles) and they’re beautifully crafted, have incredible sound, and reasonably priced. However, I don’t have much patience anymore and would probably have to look for other alternatives in the future. In the early days, it took only less than a month from exchanging emails and having the cable shipped. I guess this is a consequence of having a thriving business and I’m truly happy for him. But again, I would have to look elsewhere for my future cable purchases.

Jun 21, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #4,391 of 6,459
So if I order today, if I could, would I get it by Christmas?

Well if you order directly from the website, it might be sooner, but I guess it will depend on the load. If you have questions about your order and try to engage him through email, it will take a long time just to get a reply.

Jun 21, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #4,392 of 6,459
Well I’ve been exchanging emails since December 2019 to enquire about getting a new customized cable, and it took him a long time just to reply one email. After a chain of emails (which took 5 months of exchanging emails since the response time is slow), I finally decided to order 2 cables (this is in mid-May) and the invoice came in last week of May. The cables was supposed to be shipped last Wednesday (after he previously missed a deadline) but got delayed again. He did explain the reasons (which are personal) and he gave me a compensation for the delay. So you see, you will definitely need the extra extra patience before you can enjoy the beuatiful sound of his cables.

Don’t get me wrong, I love his cables (probably I currently have around 5 of his Silvergarde SX, a couple of Therium, and a few SX dongles) and they’re beautifully crafted, have incredible sound, and reasonably priced. However, I don’t have much patience anymore and would probably have to look for other alternatives in the future. In the early days, it took only less than a month from exchanging emails and having the cable shipped. I guess this is a consequence of having a thriving business and I’m truly happy for him. But again, I would have to look elsewhere for my future cable purchases.

While he may have missed a deadline that is extraordinarily fast in my past experience.

Jun 21, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #4,393 of 6,459
So if I order today, if I could, would I get it by Christmas?

By Christmas is a safe bet.. :p

I've ordered maybe 4-5 cables in total from Trevor.. sometimes it takes 2 weeks, sometimes it takes over a month. In any case, he always reliably delivers. Business is good so he's a busy man. I've never felt disappointed w/ the product despite any delays i.e. always worth the wait.

Contrast this w/ the first (and last) time I ordered a DHC cable, waited 2-3 months w/ zero email responses, then had to file a chargeback for my refund.

Jun 21, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #4,394 of 6,459
By Christmas is a safe bet.. :p

I've ordered maybe 4-5 cables in total from Trevor.. sometimes it takes 2 weeks, sometimes it takes over a month. In any case, he always reliably delivers. Business is good so he's a busy man. I've never felt disappointed w/ the product despite any delays i.e. always worth the wait.

Contrast this w/ the first (and last) time I ordered a DHC cable, waited 2-3 months w/ zero email responses, then had to file a chargeback for my refund.

You’re correct, he always delivers and I don’t have a single doubt that he will eventually fulfill the orders. Trevor is not a type of person who will run away with his customer’s money. The last 5 years of buying cables from him have proven that. But different people have different tolerances to waiting time, and I’ve reached a point where I can no longer tolerate the delays.

Jun 22, 2020 at 12:53 AM Post #4,395 of 6,459

Users who are viewing this thread

Back