Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jun 3, 2020 at 6:01 AM Post #4,366 of 6,459
Jun 3, 2020 at 6:25 AM Post #4,367 of 6,459
Anybody know the current wait times for a cable...looking at possibly this cable and I hate to bother Trevor as I know he is very busy. If nobody knows then I will contact him.

http://www.norneaudio.com/litzheim/...cd-2-3-4-x-xc-elex-meze-empyrean-arya-sundara

I finalized my Draug 3 SC order via email with Trevor about 12 days ago. At that time, he said hopefully he could ship it out in 2 weeks.
I'll keep you posted if I got any shipping notification in these days.

Jun 3, 2020 at 6:26 AM Post #4,368 of 6,459
I finalized my Draug 3 SC order via email with Trevor about 12 days ago. At that time, he said hopefully he could ship it out in 2 weeks.
I'll keep you posted if I got any shipping notification in these days.

Thanks for the reply

Jun 4, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #4,369 of 6,459
Jun 5, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #4,370 of 6,459
Hey guys,

Just a quick update, our website is going to be temporarily down for about 24 hours. But please email me to check in at norneaudio@gmail.com
on your order status or quote / questions. Orders are all shipping like normal right now, and tracking (USPS or FedEx) will be sent to your email upon shipment.
Thank you for the patience while the site is temporarily down.

I am working on replying to all remaining emails this evening before the next 12+ hour build marathon.
Thanks to everyone for the patience.
I will get updates on here more frequently as well.

p.s.
I am also still finalizing the new website during the next couple of weeks hopefully.

Jun 7, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #4,372 of 6,459
Hey guys,

Just a quick update, our website is going to be temporarily down for about 24 hours. But please email me to check in at norneaudio@gmail.com
on your order status or quote / questions. Orders are all shipping like normal right now, and tracking (USPS or FedEx) will be sent to your email upon shipment.
Thank you for the patience while the site is temporarily down.

I am working on replying to all remaining emails this evening before the next 12+ hour build marathon.
Thanks to everyone for the patience.
I will get updates on here more frequently as well.

p.s.
I am also still finalizing the new website during the next couple of weeks hopefully.
Thanks for the update, do you do everything yourself?

Jun 8, 2020 at 4:17 AM Post #4,374 of 6,459
Just to let you know that Trevor emailed me yesterday said that he’s ready to ship out my Draug 3SC on Monday. That’s just two days more than his original 2 weeks estimate and that’s with some restocking time in the beginning.

It’s a pretty good turnaround time for custom cable.
My Skraug took quite a while longer than that, but it was worth every penny.

It's amazing what the cable did to my LCD-2C and CB.

Can't wait for my Empyrean to arrive.

Jun 8, 2020 at 4:43 AM Post #4,375 of 6,459
My Skraug took quite a while longer than that, but it was worth every penny.

It's amazing what the cable did to my LCD-2C and CB.

Can't wait for my Empyrean to arrive.
Glad to hear that Draug works well with Audeze cans since I bought it for my LCD 4z.

Yeah, I think for an one-man army like Trevor here that turnaround time would be vary depends on many factors so my report here is just for the time being.

Do you reckon your cable took some time to shine? Hundred hours?

Jun 8, 2020 at 5:00 AM Post #4,376 of 6,459
Glad to hear that Draug works well with Audeze cans since I bought it for my LCD 4z.

Yeah, I think for an one-man army like Trevor here that turnaround time would be vary depends on many factors so my report here is just for the time being.

Do you reckon your cable took some time to shine? Hundred hours?
To clarify I got a Skraug (this is a copper + silver fusion cable which is not listed on the website. It's the entry level fusion cable)
The cable itself vastly exceeded all my expectations. The build quality is outstanding.

When Hifiman claimed "we are a headphone company, no cable company" as reason for their bad cables that come with their high end headphones, I thought it's a lame excuse.
Now that I've seen Trevors work I can understand them though. They simply gave up since aftermarket cables like Trevors are soo far ahead.

My cable sounded amazing from the beginning, however it is still in the "burn in" process. I don't burn in my gear by any means, it just happens with regular usage, so it might very well be that it improves even further.
However compared to all my stock cables it was a step up.

Jun 8, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #4,377 of 6,459
To clarify I got a Skraug (this is a copper + silver fusion cable which is not listed on the website. It's the entry level fusion cable)
The cable itself vastly exceeded all my expectations. The build quality is outstanding.

When Hifiman claimed "we are a headphone company, no cable company" as reason for their bad cables that come with their high end headphones, I thought it's a lame excuse.
Now that I've seen Trevors work I can understand them though. They simply gave up since aftermarket cables like Trevors are soo far ahead.

My cable sounded amazing from the beginning, however it is still in the "burn in" process. I don't burn in my gear by any means, it just happens with regular usage, so it might very well be that it improves even further.
However compared to all my stock cables it was a step up.
Thanks for the clarification. The Draug 3SC I ordered is also a fusion cable so I think the same would apply.

I actually saw Audeze rep give the same "we are not a cable company" speech on LCD-4 (or 4z?) thread lol. I totally agree. Like, what kind of resources they would have to put in to mass produce couple cables so that people won't consider aftermarket. We will still complain even if they do that.

Jun 13, 2020 at 12:21 AM Post #4,379 of 6,459
I had tried several Norne cables, all excellent, but there's no looking back since I upgraded to Silvergarde S3. Transparency, detail, clarity excel but still highly musical, no fatiguing, highs as is the stereotype of silver cables. A great cable. I never anticipated spending this amount of money on a cable but using it near daily now for over a year, I am very glad I did.

Jun 21, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #4,380 of 6,459
I had tried several Norne cables, all excellent, but there's no looking back since I upgraded to Silvergarde S3. Transparency, detail, clarity excel but still highly musical, no fatiguing, highs as is the stereotype of silver cables. A great cable. I never anticipated spending this amount of money on a cable but using it near daily now for over a year, I am very glad I did.

I agree. Not a hint of fatigue accompanies its soaring technicalities and veil-lifting transparency/clarity. The words that comes to my mind is refinement and polish. Images are more focused. I also thought it added a hint of elegant richness to the presentation, but I will have to return to my extensive notes. I was blown away by the S3, and Trevor is a genius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back