Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Aug 6, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #3,286 of 6,511
just as a side question are the auteurs connectors simply 4 pin mini xlr - same as the lcd range?

Yep, same 4 pin mini xlr connectors.

Aug 6, 2018 at 11:04 PM Post #3,287 of 6,511
The Auteur uses the same connectors as Audeze.

Aug 6, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #3,289 of 6,511
Aug 7, 2018 at 1:57 AM Post #3,290 of 6,511
A new arrival today... The Norne Volsund Series. This is the version with no sleeve. I just started listening with it so no words on the sound yet. I can say it is super light weight and very supple. I'm digging the new splitter design as well.

I want to give a big thanks to Trevor on this cable, it's a beauty!

I will report back with impressions later once I get some hours with the cable.

Congrats, and I can tell you that IMO the Auteur + Volsund combination is fantastic. Your Volsund is a beauty. Mine is sleeved and handsome. :smile_phones:

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #3,291 of 6,511
A new arrival today... The Norne Volsund Series. This is the version with no sleeve. I just started listening with it so no words on the sound yet. I can say it is super light weight and very supple. I'm digging the new splitter design as well.

I want to give a big thanks to Trevor on this cable, it's a beauty!

I will report back with impressions later once I get some hours with the cable.

It blends so well with your Teak Auteurs! Gunmetal Eidolic connectors with the new splitter blend perfectly. Copper should complement well with your Schiit stack in the background :)

Aug 9, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #3,292 of 6,511
Norne Draug All Silver Balanced headphone cable & the V281

My cable arrived today. 2 days from USA to UK, incredible. Anyway, much more incredible is the way it sounds. In my second system at the moment, with my Audio Note DAC and the Audeze LCD2-C 2018 model.

Over stock cable which is SE and 6.3mm plug and using the balanced out of the V281

1. First thing you notice is the dynamics.
Much bigger, faster, more direct, as though the planers are now hard wired to the source. More horsepower going on here. The LCD2-C are really moving up a notch, coming alive from a slumber on SE connection and with stock cable. It takes you by surprise when the music has a big dynamic swing, it certainly is very realistic.

2. Transparency.
Oh my, this is much more transparent, a veil has been pealed away here. So much so I defeated the 2dB 6kz-12khz lift I had set in Roon. Don't need that now. Not only that, tiny details and multiple detail is coming through at once, that was slightly masked or confused before. This is all good, still super smooth and zero fatigue as you would expect from the Audeze and this amp. This is a really good setup. I can't believe I paid 700 USD for the LCD2-C on the sale at Audeze earlier his year, this level of sound has no place in a sub 2K headphone, never mind 1K IMO. The decay and detail reminds me of my Stax 009, though in this case it feels more in place and planted in the whole image as opposed to floating over the top of everything.

3. Midrange
This has increased in 3 dimensions, depth, width and height. And very complex passages re easy to understand, pick out separate instruments, understand the way it was recorded more than before. No hint of edge to female vocals, and Rammstein's screaming guitars sound spot on to my ears, enough bite without shutting my ears down.

4. Bass
The bass is a bit more tuneful and as the detail has gone up in the treble and mids, it also has more texture here. It goes just as deep as the stock cable, can't hear a change there yet, but I can pick out more detail here.

5. Construction
I am not a fanboy for the looks of any audio gear. But it is nice when it sounds better than your previous gear AND looks better as well. The build quality trevor is getting here is fantastic, a work of art. The cable looks thick in the photos, but it is very light and super flexible. Think grass snake, light, bendy and no wire memory. It also came with a nice slip bag, useful if you are into portable solutions.

This is marvellous, the sound signature has shifted slightly up into more detail, but there is no price to pay that I can hear. In other words have your cake and eat it too. I think this cable will upgrade any amp and HP combination TBH, it seems to get right down to what is going on, removed the distance between you and the source if you like. Unless you are after specific tone control effect (some form of masking) I would say it is a win win here.

Note, some of my gains may be also down to the V281 now firing on both amps via the balanced output. Note I am feeding it Single Ended from my DAC, which I was told is fine to still get the benefit of both of the V200 amps working in the V281. Now I am wondering what my main DAC and my LCD4s will sound like. Later......

Aug 9, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #3,293 of 6,511
Thankyou Astrostar59,
I have just placed an order for Silver Draug to partner my Sony Z1R + Sugden Headmaster. I am all analog at the moment in regards to amps. I am really looking forwards to listening to them.
Trevor has excellent communication skills. I know his cables will impress.

Aug 9, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #3,294 of 6,511
Norne Draug All Silver Balanced headphone cable & the V281

My cable arrived today. 2 days from USA to UK, incredible. Anyway, much more incredible is the way it sounds. In my second system at the moment, with my Audio Note DAC and the Audeze LCD2-C 2018 model.

Over stock cable which is SE and 6.3mm plug and using the balanced out of the V281

1. First thing you notice is the dynamics.
Much bigger, faster, more direct, as though the planers are now hard wired to the source. More horsepower going on here. The LCD2-C are really moving up a notch, coming alive from a slumber on SE connection and with stock cable. It takes you by surprise when the music has a big dynamic swing, it certainly is very realistic.

2. Transparency.
Oh my, this is much more transparent, a veil has been pealed away here. So much so I defeated the 2dB 6kz-12khz lift I had set in Roon. Don't need that now. Not only that, tiny details and multiple detail is coming through at once, that was slightly masked or confused before. This is all good, still super smooth and zero fatigue as you would expect from the Audeze and this amp. This is a really good setup. I can't believe I paid 700 USD for the LCD2-C on the sale at Audeze earlier his year, this level of sound has no place in a sub 2K headphone, never mind 1K IMO. The decay and detail reminds me of my Stax 009, though in this case it feels more in place and planted in the whole image as opposed to floating over the top of everything.

3. Midrange
This has increased in 3 dimensions, depth, width and height. And very complex passages re easy to understand, pick out separate instruments, understand the way it was recorded more than before. No hint of edge to female vocals, and Rammstein's screaming guitars sound spot on to my ears, enough bite without shutting my ears down.

4. Bass
The bass is a bit more tuneful and as the detail has gone up in the treble and mids, it also has more texture here. It goes just as deep as the stock cable, can't hear a change there yet, but I can pick out more detail here.

5. Construction
I am not a fanboy for the looks of any audio gear. But it is nice when it sounds better than your previous gear AND looks better as well. The build quality trevor is getting here is fantastic, a work of art. The cable looks thick in the photos, but it is very light and super flexible. Think grass snake, light, bendy and no wire memory. It also came with a nice slip bag, useful if you are into portable solutions.

This is marvellous, the sound signature has shifted slightly up into more detail, but there is no price to pay that I can hear. In other words have your cake and eat it too. I think this cable will upgrade any amp and HP combination TBH, it seems to get right down to what is going on, removed the distance between you and the source if you like. Unless you are after specific tone control effect (some form of masking) I would say it is a win win here.

Note, some of my gains may be also down to the V281 now firing on both amps via the balanced output. Note I am feeding it Single Ended from my DAC, which I was told is fine to still get the benefit of both of the V200 amps working in the V281. Now I am wondering what my main DAC and my LCD4s will sound like. Later......

YES! Well done! Now this is the kind of relational data we all need to see! Nice photography as well. Thanks man this is awesome! Makes me start to re-think Trevor's offer to swap out the Solvine for a silver Draug and just pay the upgrade portion over what the Solvine cost me.

Aug 11, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #3,295 of 6,511
Absolutely love the Solvine but I'm itching to pick up a Draug Silver as well...

:thinking:

end gamea.jpg

Aug 11, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #3,297 of 6,511
Beautiful cable @Sniperpr5 !

Trevor's work is just unparalleled especially for the price. I have the Draug Silver and Solvine already, but Volsund may be next..
I was planning on getting a silver cable and was wondering if you, or anyone else who has experience with them, could describe the differences between the Draug Silver and the Solving. I assume the Draug is superior but by how much? If someone has already explained this I would appreciate someone directing me as to where I could find it. Thanks.

Aug 12, 2018 at 1:04 AM Post #3,298 of 6,511
I was planning on getting a silver cable and was wondering if you, or anyone else who has experience with them, could describe the differences between the Draug Silver and the Solving. I assume the Draug is superior but by how much? If someone has already explained this I would appreciate someone directing me as to where I could find it. Thanks.
senn sony 4.jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg I use 8 core silver plated cable, made 30x 0.08mm strands of silver plated oxygen free Copper from a guy in UK. It was not expencive ca. 110 Euro + Furutech 4,4 connector! I think it is a little bit too bright. So I orderd Solvine 2. Hope Solvine 2 will bring more warmth!

Aug 12, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #3,300 of 6,511
Thanks for the reply. The one thing that I am concerned with in an all silver cable is that I will find it too bright.

Strangely enough I have never had any of my pure silver (or even hybrid copper/silver Solvine) sound too bright at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back