Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jul 25, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #3,256 of 6,511
Hi Guys
Ok, I ordered the Druag all silver with 6.3mm jack and LCD4 ends. My little Aurix is SE. Trevor has a great customer interaction, very impressed so far.
I should get it in 2 weeks roughly. It will be very interesting to hear it. Initially I will use it with my Audio Note DAC 4.1 and LCD2-C 2018, but in 8 weeks with my main system and the Aries Cerat Kassandra DAC and LCD4 2018.

I am thinking it will be ahead of the stock cables on both those HPs. I have experienced upgrades in sound quality in my system already going silver interconnects and speaker cables.

Will report back!

My previous Stax 009s had copper cables which you couldn't change without a major hack, no idea is silver in that case would improve anything?

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #3,257 of 6,511
LCD4 + Draug Silver v stock black and white cable?

Any impressions on the difference between the stock cable and the all silver Draug feeding the LCD4 200 ohms?

How is it different? FR change, detail, soundstage? Or very similar..... any impressions are appreciated.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #3,258 of 6,511
Does anyone have first-hand experience of an adapter, or cable, sold by Norse audio that would allow me to use my double helix prion4 cable terminated fir the abyss ab1266 headphones, with focal utopia headphones.

I believe that this would be
Input, three pin mini Xlr, male plug to
Output, focal utopia

I will, of corse, contact Norse audio, but any hands-on knowledge eg
Supply time
Comfort using the cable
Loss of sound quality using an adapter

Would be greatly appreciated.

Obviously, anyone who has one to sell, please say so.

Jul 26, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #3,259 of 6,511
Does anyone have first-hand experience of an adapter, or cable, sold by Norse audio that would allow me to use my double helix prion4 cable terminated fir the abyss ab1266 headphones, with focal utopia headphones.

I believe that this would be
Input, three pin mini Xlr, male plug to
Output, focal utopia

I will, of corse, contact Norse audio, but any hands-on knowledge eg
Supply time
Comfort using the cable
Loss of sound quality using an adapter

Would be greatly appreciated.

Obviously, anyone who has one to sell, please say so.

If the adapter can be made I don't think you'd really get a lot of loss of sound quality if you went with a Draug Silver adapter. The Draug Silver is also pure occ silver in a litz configuration like the prion4. Also the newest revision of the Draug Silver has a new TPU coating over the wire for maximum comfort and ergonomics. I'm not sure what the supply time would be exactly, but I'd bet around 2-4 weeks minimum depending on what's in stock.

Your best bet for more info is to contact Trevor at Norne Audio like you said though.

Jul 27, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #3,260 of 6,511
I got the Draug V3 a month or so ago for my Aeon Open Flows and I really like it so far. I should be getting my Draug Silver for my ZMF Zebra Eikons soon and I will post some pics when they come.

I already made a thread on reddit...they really don't like cables btw, And here are some pics.

The color change of the Draug V3 transparent black is gorgeous. So here are some comparisons and pictures

ALBUM *with bonus cat pics
>>> https://imgur.com/a/xPfC1Vm <<<

PZMl1Xf.jpg
sX0qC1N.jpg
KfXOZEx.jpg
t7XOBe0.jpg

original reddit thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/8ptdfg/norne_audios_draug_v3_cables_and_comparison/

I hope you guys enjoy :)

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2018 at 3:01 AM Post #3,262 of 6,511
Draug 3 is the best I've heard the HD600. I had to sell the Draug 3 for financial reasons, and it really hurt me. I haven't listened to the headphone since in order to avoid the memory of having to sell that holy grail of a cable. I would proceed optimistically with any of the Draugs.

Jul 28, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #3,264 of 6,511
Just a quick update to all.
I did have to go out of office this past week (unavoidable travel), and just returned at 12am today. So I want to thank everyone for the patience on communication this week.
I did try my best to get at least some emails answered when I could during travels.
But I am back and in full swing and working non-stop all weekend.
Some email replies and tracking were delayed from this, but they are coming very soon I assure you (crow, atil, rui, and many others).
I am going through every last email right now still as well, if for some reason you have not received a reply by end of day today please just
bump your email in my inbox or send a fresh one to me.

Thank you everyone for the posts, support and most of all great patience.

Kind Regards,

Trevor

Jul 28, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #3,266 of 6,511
Hi all!

I stop here from time to time to check some cool pics and post some of my own... so here is my latest Norne buy: Silver Draug into my HD6XX which I modded with Kennerton amaranth wood cups:

Also, hey Trevor! :)
Very cool mod!

Jul 29, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #3,268 of 6,511
Just a quick update to all.
I did have to go out of office this past week (unavoidable travel), and just returned at 12am today. So I want to thank everyone for the patience on communication this week.
I did try my best to get at least some emails answered when I could during travels.
But I am back and in full swing and working non-stop all weekend.
Some email replies and tracking were delayed from this, but they are coming very soon I assure you (crow, atil, rui, and many others).
I am going through every last email right now still as well, if for some reason you have not received a reply by end of day today please just
bump your email in my inbox or send a fresh one to me.

Thank you everyone for the posts, support and most of all great patience.

Kind Regards,

Trevor
Don´t hurry, Trevor. I can wait for my solvine and Adapter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back