Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Aug 6, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #2,836 of 6,462
I know. I'm not looking forward to it.
well i have the lcd2 and about to order the silvergarde 2 for that and my hd800

however i'm not too sure whether the elear is best suited with a copper or silver cable. if copper then choose that headphone if you feel that the audeze needs silver :)

trevor i think would be worth chatting to in case he has some "tricks" up his sleeve

i have always found him very helpful

Aug 12, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #2,837 of 6,462
Can anyone give me their impressions of the comparison of the sound of the Solv x as compared to the Vanquish? I assume the Solv x is better, but how much and in what ways? I'm trying to decide between the two, for my HiFiMan HE1000 V2. With the stock cable these phones sound a little smeared and overbright in the upper midrange/lower treble.

Aug 14, 2017 at 6:00 AM Post #2,838 of 6,462
I have a Burson Conductor v2+. I'm currently using Hifiman HE400i but plan on getting Ether Flow or possibly Elear or Audeze.
Could anyone recommend a Norne cable for any of those headphones? I sit on the other end of the room so it has to be 18 feet long. Lol.
So obviously price is an issue.
I have the ether C flow and the Draug 2c is a great match, it adds worm bass and resonates real well

Aug 21, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #2,840 of 6,462
What's a good cable for the Sony Z1R's?

Aug 23, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #2,841 of 6,462
@TigzStudio can i ask if you can reterminate a 2-pin cable with zx2 trrs into sony 4.4 termination ?

if so , how long would it take (excluding shipping to/from times) ?

thank you

Aug 23, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #2,842 of 6,462
Proedros: pm sent

to all:
I am working on catching up on emails, almost there. This past weekend I was mostly out of office, as such reply was a bit slower recently.
Thanks to all for the patience, please send me an email me if you have status request or any other request.

Aug 30, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #2,843 of 6,462
hi all, i just ordered the new solv X (model 2) from trevor. excellent customer service from him. he made the effort to explain the new Solv X2 and best recommendation for the cable sleeve.

the Solv X 2 will be for my beyerdynamics T1 (2nd Gen) connected to my beyer A20 amp to Aune X1s (DAC) to PC. i have no idea what to expect as this will be my first cable from trevor. hope it sound nice.

Aug 31, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #2,844 of 6,462
IMG_7184.JPG IMG_7186.JPG IMG_7189.JPG I am mighty impressed with Norne Audio!!

Aug 31, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #2,845 of 6,462
IMG_7186.JPG
Hi. I love my silvergarde s with my hd800

However I've just bought the se846 this week and looking into the therium (4 or 8) and the silvergarde.
I am still to play with the filters

From reading a bit here I'm assuming the silvergarde will have more bottom (tight) end and probably hVe more overall weight in sound, I guess

I am considering going with either the pha 3 or alo cdm as I have both but will only (perhaps) keep one so the choice of cable will probably interact with that.

Any personal views on what works better and why and what I should keep in mind in my pondering?

Thanks in advance

Which one did you go with for se846? How is it?

Aug 31, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #2,846 of 6,462

Which one did you go with for se846? How is it?
Ive gone with the silvergarde. Latest update is trevor is expecting to ship it out this week.

Fingers crossed

Aug 31, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #2,847 of 6,462
I am mighty impressed with Norne Audio!!
What cable is that?

Whats the red colour about? Ivw never seen that option. Looks great.

Edit: just saw the cable on the website. Whats it like?

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #2,848 of 6,462
What cable is that?

Whats the red colour about? Ivw never seen that option. Looks great.

Edit: just saw the cable on the website. Whats it like?

I have the 8 core Vorpal iem cable. Not sure how it compares to anything but the stock cable, and the moon audio silver dragon. I will say it opened up the se846 perfectly. I am using spinfit tips and the white filter since 2 weeks ago. I've owned them for 2 months and stuck with the stock filter for as long as I could. So, sound improvement I am just now honing onto. I purchased mine used from a friend, but none the less at first they were all over the place sounding peaky and bass was weaker than stock cable, cymbals definitely bright, all of which made me rethink using the white filters and going back to the stock blue filters. However, yesterday as the hours passed slowly the sound leveled out and highs that were sharp tamed down. This morning 12 hours later, they sound intoxicating by all means. Like all good cables, they surely needed time to settle. Now I have a massive yet very defined soundstage, with bass articulating like no other, and cymbal decay is as good as I've heard in most reference full range speaker systems. I am very very happy, and these cables give me all the confidence to put Norne at the top of my list for future cable upgrades. This blew away the Moon Audio Silver dragon in every way, especially keeping things even, the Dragon over emphasizes the midrange and it drove me nuts.

Attachments

• IMG_7199.PNG
    IMG_7199.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #2,849 of 6,462
Kudos to Trevor!!!
Excellent craftsmanship indeed!
The Draug is most definitely a great match for my Beyer T1:beyersmile:
9996946_thumb.jpg

Attachments

• 20170905_200812.jpg
    20170905_200812.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 6, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #2,850 of 6,462
I have the 8 core Vorpal iem cable. Not sure how it compares to anything but the stock cable, and the moon audio silver dragon. I will say it opened up the se846 perfectly. I am using spinfit tips and the white filter since 2 weeks ago. I've owned them for 2 months and stuck with the stock filter for as long as I could. So, sound improvement I am just now honing onto. I purchased mine used from a friend, but none the less at first they were all over the place sounding peaky and bass was weaker than stock cable, cymbals definitely bright, all of which made me rethink using the white filters and going back to the stock blue filters. However, yesterday as the hours passed slowly the sound leveled out and highs that were sharp tamed down. This morning 12 hours later, they sound intoxicating by all means. Like all good cables, they surely needed time to settle. Now I have a massive yet very defined soundstage, with bass articulating like no other, and cymbal decay is as good as I've heard in most reference full range speaker systems. I am very very happy, and these cables give me all the confidence to put Norne at the top of my list for future cable upgrades. This blew away the Moon Audio Silver dragon in every way, especially keeping things even, the Dragon over emphasizes the midrange and it drove me nuts.

The Vorpal was a cable that I originally wanted to pick up but never got around to it. I just started grad school and after reading your comments I'd still like to get one in an 8 Wire...*cough...cough...Trevor*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back