Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Feb 26, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #4,201 of 6,432

Quote:
My friend claimed that more expensive headphones were simply placebo effect, and don't actually sound good, rather, the more you pay the better you expect them to sound. After he said that, I passed him my TF10's. His expression was priceless.

I love that how some people in their infinite wisdom go around talking like their personal opinion is an absolute factual truth - acting like they know what they're talking about when in all reality they don't have a clue, I love it. Glad you soon set him straight.

Feb 26, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #4,202 of 6,432
yeah i find that. learning and actual implementatin is different things. officialy the human ear can't hear this blah blah blah. 192KHz this. blah blah blah 3% of data is what's in MP3's from original more blah blah blah so you can't hear a diff blah blah

pass hime some gear

*priceless*

Mar 1, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #4,203 of 6,432

Quote:
A few of my friends/family have listened to them and liked them, but have thought it was ridiculous to spend more than about $20 on headphones.

That depends on your personal preference for listening to music, i have never owned a stereo because i have always preferred earphones right from the start when
i was using earphones that cost about a fiver to the iem's i am using now

Mar 2, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #4,205 of 6,432
Quote:
"Looks like ovaries" Comment on my SE215 in clear.

Wow...

I shudder to think about why would actually see ovaries often enough to make that kind of comparison since I'm going to play the odds and assume that it wasn't some sort of surgeon...

Mar 2, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #4,206 of 6,432

Quote:
Wow...

I shudder to think about why would actually see ovaries often enough to make that kind of comparison since I'm going to play the odds and assume that it wasn't some sort of surgeon...

"Why are you people so familiar with the shape of ovaries ?"

"its just cause we are women :p"

"I don't think women can see their own ovaries, unless ovaries are not located where I think it is."

" it's okay just 'cause we're cooler than you ;D"

Mar 2, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #4,207 of 6,432
Quote:
" it's okay just 'cause we're cooler than you ;D"

I was unaware that X-ray vision came standard with two X chromosomes.  I guess its all there in the name.

Where do I trade in my Ys for that feature...

Mar 3, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #4,208 of 6,432
Showed a pair of old planars to the (non-audiophile) girlfriend. She likes to sing and is into music with a heavy emphasis on vocals, and considering these planars have a pretty lovely midrange, I was interested in how she'd feel about them.

Her first comment was about them having a strange smell (which they kinda do, being old and all). She put them on her head, I put on music of her choice, and waited. The casually-stated conclusion was that they were neat for vocals.

Mar 4, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #4,209 of 6,432
Gave some IEMS to a guy that likes to use the Bose IE2, his only answer was that the bose was better, his expression was indifferent, and didn't even A/B his bose with my ckm77s. So I have a dull story, but at least it is something at the moment, same price as those blasted bose and still gets a smartmouth to say his iems are better. *note, don't hate bose, just their prices, and I know that comparing both, it was night and day, bose = muffled/vieled, ckm77s= livelier and detailed to the extreme*

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #4,212 of 6,432
Today I let a friend listen to my Sansa Fuze>Fiio L6>Fiio E11>ATH M50s
I loved his reaction, calm and collected, not saying anything but what he heard.
"There good. Less bass then my Bose, but everything is much clearer. I like them." 
I love being able to get reactions like that, from people who aren't so biased as to blatantly stick up for an inferior product.
Hes a cool guy. I should try to convert him, and hey, the seed is already planted. :wink:

Mar 26, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #4,213 of 6,432
My girlfriend heard my Hd-600s that just arrived today and said

"They just sound beautiful, everything is so clear, its like you have to listen to classical music with them"

I am finally getting to spend some time with these cans and can see why everyone likes them so much

Mar 27, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #4,215 of 6,432

Quote:

I like that comment : ) It describes those cans very well.

Yeah i definitely have to agree. She bought the headphones for me as an anniversary present. So the fact that she likes them too helps a lot. Maybe next year i can aim for the HD800s lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back