Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Mar 17, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #1,516 of 6,432
Victim? They are the chosen few whom he chooses to allow the greatness of his headphones to grace their ears!

Quote:

Should whip out the Clip+ on the next victim
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #1,517 of 6,432
Ahh well, I could have used a lot of words there. Victim just came out first. I guess victim would ring true if the listen got them started on an audiophile journey that ruined their relationship between themself and their wallet
tongue.gif

Mar 17, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #1,518 of 6,432

Quote:
Ahh well, I could have used a lot of words there. Victim just came out first. I guess victim would ring true if the listen got them started on an audiophile journey that ruined their relationship between themself and their wallet
tongue.gif

I was thinking the same thing haha.

Mar 18, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #1,520 of 6,432
Well fingers crossed to me, people in my class just rave about those default white aaple buds and the cheapo samsung IEM's that deliver "Monstrous" bass according to them, and when i tried out, was just a distorted piece of wrap
tongue.gif

And this monday i'll let some selected people try out my xb-500
gs1000.gif

But it needs some amping, because it sounds bad from my mobile, better form my desktop and best out of the three from my laptop, will get an e5 or an e7 in the future.

Mar 18, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #1,521 of 6,432

Quote:
Well fingers crossed to me, people in my class just rave about those default white aaple buds and the cheapo samsung IEM's that deliver "Monstrous" bass according to them, and when i tried out, was just a distorted piece of wrap
tongue.gif

And this monday i'll let some selected people try out my xb-500
gs1000.gif

But it needs some amping, because it sounds bad from my mobile, better form my desktop and best out of the three from my laptop, will get an e5 or an e7 in the future.

get the E5 and pop some eardrums!!!!

Mar 18, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #1,523 of 6,432
Dude every forum is supported on Tapatalk :)

Mar 19, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #1,525 of 6,432
I'm at a LAN party right now and everyone here is a fan of wubwubwubstep, so I'm showing off my XM6 + DT770/600ohms with a bunch of dubstep tracks. General reaction - "Oh my God."

Say what you will about people being general bass-suckers, but it sure is a great way to hook 'em.

-- Griffinhart

Mar 19, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #1,526 of 6,432
Well there's never anything wrong with liking what you like.  Thing is that most folks don't listen to music from headphones more than 10-15 minutes at a time probably.

If you strapped a WUMPWUMPWUMP to their head and forced them to listen to them 3 hours a day for a week they'd find it gets old after a bit.  They'd probably buy K701's after that :p

Mar 19, 2011 at 2:59 AM Post #1,527 of 6,432
I'm at a LAN party right now and everyone here is a fan of wubwubwubstep, so I'm showing off my XM6 + DT770/600ohms with a bunch of dubstep tracks. General reaction - "Oh my God."

Say what you will about people being general bass-suckers, but it sure is a great way to hook 'em.

-- Griffinhart

Isn't the LAN party on the April 2nd?

Well there's never anything wrong with liking what you like.  Thing is that most folks don't listen to music from headphones more than 10-15 minutes at a time probably.

If you strapped a WUMPWUMPWUMP to their head and forced them to listen to them 3 hours a day for a week they'd find it gets old after a bit.  They'd probably buy K701's after that :p

Exactly.

Mar 19, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #1,529 of 6,432
Well, I let two of my friends listen to my rig.

iPhone -> CypherLabs Solo -> Stepdance -> ATH W1000X

One said, "wow" and smiled and said he wanted to buy my rig.
The other said, it's "ok" but like the beats better because ofcourse a $2000 rig will sound much better.

I guess the 2nd one had a point :p

Mar 19, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #1,530 of 6,432
My mom tried my recently acquired Stax SR404. She said don't sell these. I won't. 

You finally got a pair? Sweet.

I gave my friend my spare pair of CC51's. "Dude. This is like aural sex."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back