Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Mar 7, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #1,486 of 6,432
Maverickronin, after seeing that craig's listing I often think back to Law and Order SVU episodes I've watched.  Hmm, at least he has to get rid of it, the van I mean.

Mar 7, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #1,487 of 6,432
Yeah, I was thinking that if you were gonna buy that van you'd best come with a can of spray paint to get rid of the "free candy" so you don't get lynched on the way back.

Mar 7, 2011 at 1:47 AM Post #1,488 of 6,432

Quote:
Don't have any closed backs or IEM's as of yet. Looking at some DT 770s or something along those lines after my LCD-2 comes in. 

But until then, gotta make do with opens.

blast some slayer during church with open headphones on, the reactions would be priceless.

Mar 7, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #1,489 of 6,432
Haha. I don't know. I go to a pretty unorthodox one. Lots of bikers and metal heads there actually.

Mar 7, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #1,491 of 6,432

Quote:
Haha. I don't know. I go to a pretty unorthodox one. Lots of bikers and metal heads there actually.

PLAY THE TORI AMOS VERSION OF REIN IN BLOOD!!!!

if this wont turn some heads and make some baby's cry I don't know what will just the over all tone is......creepy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCpOAXIgF9U

Mar 7, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #1,493 of 6,432

Quote:
PLAY THE TORI AMOS VERSION OF REIN IN BLOOD!!!!

if this wont turn some heads and make some baby's cry I don't know what will just the over all tone is......creepy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCpOAXIgF9U

That is just... weird. Sounds like it should be played at a haunted house.

Mar 9, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #1,495 of 6,432
Mar 10, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #1,496 of 6,432
is it just me or is headfi getting a bit dead lately? bach to the point of this thread, I let my (hopefully soon to be) girlfriend use my senn 555s for an extended period, I asked about her impressions..... "they are loud"............. >_< 

well ive told her about my addiction and she is cool with it, so live and let live, *sigh*

one of her friends was listening to tiesto "walking on clouds" on my 555s through my udac2, she stood there stunned, soaking in the music, when she finally took them off, she said "it is like being in a club" so that was pretty cool, her bro is an audiophile (she recognized my tf10s because he had them) so that is probably part of it.

Mar 10, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #1,497 of 6,432
yea, I think it's workan season for people.

Mar 10, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #1,498 of 6,432

Quote:
The responses I get are usually along the lines of "well, yeah, it sounds nice, but there's no way I'd ever be spending anywhere close to that on a pair of headphones."

But the thing that baffles me the most:
90% of people I know "care" enough about music to buy a $300 ipod, but don't care enough about how that music sounds to upgrade from stock earbuds.

Very true. Expect, the iPod is maintstream so everyone has to have just like the Beats. I let my mom and little brother try my M50s. My mom liked them, because "you can hear every little thing" and understands why they are $100+. My little brother likes them because of the bass.

Mar 10, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #1,499 of 6,432
On recent visit back to my hometown, I had an entire room full of my friends(about 7 or 8 of us) try my AKG K81s paired with my cmoybb. Granted we were all a little inebriated, the overall reaction from everyone was, "Oh my god, this is not humanly possible. My face is melting off." /Love

Mar 12, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #1,500 of 6,432
Update! I let the girl I like try out my tf10s, much better response, she was in awe of my rodrigo y gabriela album in flac ("its like I am at a private show and they are right in from of me"). she then listened to her music on them and got engrossed by them, I think it was the bass they have, she likes alot of r&b so the big bass of the tf10s is quite impressive in that genre, whereas the comparatively bass-light hd555 is much less impressive. I am happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back