Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Mar 4, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #1,443 of 6,432
At my office desk I have an NFB-3 > M-Stage (TLE2141 class A *win*) and K702 with some of the "Friend or Foe" cloth mods. I get alot of weird looks since the NFB is huge and the M-Stage is a weird shape in its own right. My response is to queue up my all-purpose demo track Alpha Centauri by Noisia and tell them to keep listening until the beat kicks in. I should have been a salesman. Always the same response - some nodding, furrowed brow then the second the phones come off its "ok so how much was this, and what does this big black thing do and where is the music actually playing from and where do you find out about stuff like this".

Mar 4, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #1,444 of 6,432

Quote:
At my office desk I have an NFB-3 > M-Stage (TLE2141 class A *win*) and K702 with some of the "Friend or Foe" cloth mods. I get alot of weird looks since the NFB is huge and the M-Stage is a weird shape in its own right. My response is to queue up my all-purpose demo track Alpha Centauri by Noisia and tell them to keep listening until the beat kicks in. I should have been a salesman. Always the same response - some nodding, furrowed brow then the second the phones come off its "ok so how much was this, and what does this big black thing do and where is the music actually playing from and where do you find out about stuff like this".

The fool's have no idea what they are getting into.

Mar 4, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #1,446 of 6,432
Yo brah you totaly waisted your money, shulda gotten the beats pro's and a banging ipad2.

Mar 5, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #1,448 of 6,432

Quote:
The Beats by Dre are plain horrible for their price. :)

I think some one forgot to use the sarcasm detection app. :)

Mar 5, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #1,449 of 6,432
Folks I have no idea wha' ya guys r up to in all this shet. But I'm tellin' y'all. Da beats raocks. Peace.

Mar 5, 2011 at 3:10 AM Post #1,450 of 6,432
ED10 got nuthin on the solo's.

Mar 5, 2011 at 3:31 AM Post #1,451 of 6,432
http://beatsbydre.hyves.nl/#show_reactions_1=1&__state__=2

Something for the dutch head-fiers to hate. Short synopsis: Sound really matters. Unlike most headphones, the beats by dr. dre are NOT designed to be flashy or good looking. Unlike most headphones the Beats by Dr. Dre are not designed to be as cheap as possible. The beats by dr. dre are the best headphones ever, if you buy them you will be in audio nirvana. Hence the collab with dr. dre who is legendary...

This makes me really sad, stupid hyves.

Mar 5, 2011 at 4:50 AM Post #1,452 of 6,432
I forgot to add something. One thing that is important when people ask me what headphones are good is that I stress you can get good sound for a reasonable price. Sure, I tell them about my $1000 headphones, but I also say you can have very nice headphones for less than $200. If they are interested, I give them suggestions like the M50, SR60i, SRH-840, or Apple in-ears. If people ask, I try to give them real-world suggestions, cause the rest just goes over their head.

Mar 5, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #1,453 of 6,432
Jimmy Iovine, eigenaar van het almachtige Interscope Records platenlabel en levende legende en geluidsperfectionist Dr. Dre stoorden zich mateloos aan het feit dat alle muzikale inspanningen van de producers en artiesten in de studio gewoon niet hoorbaar zijn door het gebruik van inferieure hoofdtelefoons en oordopjes. Dat terwijl veel mensen wel betalen voor prima kwaliteit downloads en investeren in hoogwaardige mp3/iPod electronica. Mensen kijken geen High Definition op een zwart/wit televisie, maar als het over muziek gaat accepteren ze wel klokradio kwaliteit. Dat ligt niet aan de bron, maar aan de wtelefoon dus! eergevers, de hoofd

Dunno what it means, will probably get mad if I do.

Mar 5, 2011 at 9:44 AM Post #1,454 of 6,432
Jimmy Iovine, owner of the almighty interscope Records platenlabel, and living legend and sound perfectionist dr. dre were annoyed by the fact that all the hard musical work of producers and artists simply wasn't audible to the general public due to the use of cheap headphones and in-ears. Whilst people do want to pay for good quality downloads and invest a lot of money in high-end PMP's such as an ipod. People don't watch high definition on black and white televisions, but when it comes to music, they accept radio alarm quality. It's not because the source is bad, but because the headphones are bad.

Mar 5, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #1,455 of 6,432
Quote:
Jimmy Iovine, eigenaar van het almachtige Interscope Records platenlabel en levende legende en geluidsperfectionist Dr. Dre stoorden zich mateloos aan het feit dat alle muzikale inspanningen van de producers en artiesten in de studio gewoon niet hoorbaar zijn door het gebruik van inferieure hoofdtelefoons en oordopjes. Dat terwijl veel mensen wel betalen voor prima kwaliteit downloads en investeren in hoogwaardige mp3/iPod electronica. Mensen kijken geen High Definition op een zwart/wit televisie, maar als het over muziek gaat accepteren ze wel klokradio kwaliteit. Dat ligt niet aan de bron, maar aan de wtelefoon dus! eergevers, de hoofd

Dunno what it means, will probably get mad if I do.

I am Dutch, let me help you out.

"Jimmy Iovine, the owner of the almighty Interscope Record label and living legend and sound perfectionist Dr. Dre were annoyed by the fact that all the musical efforts by the producers and artists in the studio just were not audible by the use of inferior headphones and ear buds. That while many people do pay for high quality downloads and invest in high quality MP3/iPod electronics. People do not watch High Definition on a black and white television but when in comes to music they accept poor quality. The problem lies not in the source but the headphone passing the audio signal to the head!"

You should get mad but even Bill Hicks found a solution. He asked if the marketing people who liked to create 'unnecessary' markets would please commit suicide. Just enjoy the music, we share this hobby for a reason and that is the music itself.

P.S. Ynoskire, was a bit faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back