Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Mar 3, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #1,427 of 6,432
my mom nearly had a melt down when I gave her the HD555's.....I love them aswell, dear god I hope I get the HD580's.

Mar 3, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #1,429 of 6,432
I got a kick out of this.

First some background information: My roommate, who doesn't have any audio gear except his built-in laptop speakers and a 1st gen Zune, is one of the most frugal people I know.

I've been telling him about all of my recent audio purchases which usually elicits the same response; "You are crazy for spending all that money on headphones." Well, after feeling I had a decent combination going, I let him listen to my Audinst HUD-MX1 + Purity Audio KICAS + Fischer Audio FA-003 with a few tracks from a FLAC version of Pat Metheny & Anna Maria Jopek's "Upojenie." I told him to close his eyes so he wouldn't be looking around at all of my equipment and monitor. After one song, he came out of my room and said, "Wow, it felt like I was there. How much did that all cost? Once you find the best combination, let me know what the items are. I'll let you do all the work."

beyersmile.png

Mar 3, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #1,431 of 6,432
i have to say the best headphone i have ever listened was turbine gold,  there is one song can never be the same to me without using them, the detail is just insane.

the guitar is like pouring into my mind with this extremly fast speed, when the guitar starts at the beginning of the song, that very moment its like the entired world callapsed right in front of me,it is like i am sitting in a studio, everything is just in that room, with all that instruments everything is extremly easy to pick out.   the song is linkin park numb.

Mar 3, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #1,432 of 6,432

Quote:
I got a kick out of this.

First some background information: My roommate, who doesn't have any audio gear except his built-in laptop speakers and a 1st gen Zune, is one of the most frugal people I know.

I've been telling him about all of my recent audio purchases which usually elicits the same response; "You are crazy for spending all that money on headphones." Well, after feeling I had a decent combination going, I let him listen to my Audinst HUD-MX1 + Purity Audio KICAS + Fischer Audio FA-003 with a few tracks from a FLAC version of Pat Metheny & Anna Maria Jopek's "Upojenie." I told him to close his eyes so he wouldn't be looking around at all of my equipment and monitor. After one song, he came out of my room and said, "Wow, it felt like I was there. How much did that all cost? Once you find the best combination, let me know what the items are. I'll let you do all the work."

beyersmile.png

Looks like you've got your work cut out for you, time to get buying

Mar 3, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #1,433 of 6,432
Quote:
Looks like you've got your work cut out for you, time to get buying

Haha, I guess you could infer that, but we both are very level headed. I am stopping in this particular level/range ($2-300 per component) of audio reproduction for now, but just have a lot of gear left to A/B before settling with a preferred sound signature / setup (dumping the remainder). It's between 5 full-size cans, 4 IEMs and 3 SS amps.

Mar 3, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #1,434 of 6,432
I nearly shot my self today, some kid wearing...what look like mini versions of the new DJ skullcandy headphones came up and said his are hand down better, having never listened to mine, looked at me and said his sounded better and went way louder. Listing to the skullcandys was like having some one using a drill powered by bass and it emits a super high frequency screech drill into my ear drums, he put on my HFI-580's bobbed his head a bit and said their ok, no where near his skullcandys and the bass was almost unhearabal. what made me mad was that it was totally unprovoked. I was sitting in a cornet working on some math and a flash game for my flash animation class and he was all HURRDERR NOT BRAND NAME I KNOW MUST BE BAD.

Mar 3, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #1,435 of 6,432
I would had took his skull candies off his head and smack him with them.

Mar 3, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #1,437 of 6,432
they felt like they were going to break when I put them on, and also I haven't felt pads that cheep since the sennheiser HD448's it was like....I don't even know the thinnest foam ever wrapped in the thinnest cotton polyester blend ever.

Mar 4, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #1,440 of 6,432
why u so mad? Bose is da best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back