Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Feb 26, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #1,382 of 6,432
I was visiting my friends two days ago and let him listen to my T5ps. He listened to them through my X Series Walkman and Corda Stepdance. Put them on, listened, changed tracks, listened, listened, listened. When he took them off after some he said:

Incredible amount of details and great transparency with a touch less bass than there should be - he basically described these phones as they are. He is a musician though and has a good ear. He never asked about the price.

Feb 26, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #1,383 of 6,432
^^^ he didn't want to hear how much he would owe you if he dropped them.

Feb 26, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #1,384 of 6,432

Quote:
This thread might not be appropriate, but here it goes :

A friend just put up a new status on facebook, let me quote him ""-Burning in-" my Beats By Dr Dre. Studio & Bose QC3 Headphones :)"

I wanted to be non-offensive so replied carefully with "New headphone enthusiast eh ?" and he replied "An audiophile to be exact"

and i wanted to hadouken and shoryuken him :rant:

He's the kind that thinks that a costly product = ______phile <_<

==============

Getting back to the topic, we gifted a friend a HD202 for his birthday, a friend who believed that apple provides superior buds. The first thing i asked him when he tried it on was "Are they better than those apple ibuds ?"

I wish i had a camera to capture his expression :p

Mission Successfull ,  + 10xp

man, I would rage if that happened, but really you only lose friends with rage, even if it is holy rage 
frown.gif

Feb 26, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #1,385 of 6,432

Quote:
man, I would rage if that happened, but really you only lose friends with rage, even if it is holy rage 
frown.gif

Seriously, you cannot imagine the patience it demanded from me :|

but all's well that ends well, it's better that some people are left oblivious,

On the icing of the cake is that he imported them via ebay to his country (and i think i've read here somewhere that Beat by Dr. Dre are one of those headphones which are forged the most :p and in USD it costed him about 250$ after importing from ebay,hopefully he's not got a duplicate one.

Feb 27, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #1,386 of 6,432

Quote:

On the icing of the cake is that he imported them via ebay to his country (and i think i've read here somewhere that Beat by Dr. Dre are one of those headphones which are forged the most :p and in USD it costed him about 250$ after importing from ebay,hopefully he's not got a duplicate one.

duplicate...that's a nice way of putting it...in simpleton terms...fakes

Feb 27, 2011 at 6:54 AM Post #1,387 of 6,432

Quote:

I'd've done the good friend/***hole thing and told him he got ripped off. :3

(Not gonna lie: I don't know how I still have friends, considering how intolerant I am of idiocy.)

-- Griffinhart

Feb 27, 2011 at 7:04 AM Post #1,388 of 6,432

Quote:

I don't see what's so bad if someone wants to buy a pair of Beats and enjoy them. There are plenty of Audi drivers out there, and I may not think much of their car but I'm not going to rip on them because I think they paid too much for cars of less quality. To each their own. I own a pair of QC15s and bought my gf the Beats Studio and those in-ear Beats.

Feb 27, 2011 at 8:32 AM Post #1,389 of 6,432

Quote:
I don't see what's so bad if someone wants to buy a pair of Beats and enjoy them. There are plenty of Audi drivers out there, and I may not think much of their car but I'm not going to rip on them because I think they paid too much for cars of less quality. To each their own. I own a pair of QC15s and bought my gf the Beats Studio and those in-ear Beats.

Well there's no particular problem but sort of when you can have a much better headphone in that price range,as you said to each their own, but why would someone not want a good one, well i know him and he's the type that just buys anything that hogs the most spotlight so he can brag about it.
And i was more ranting about the fact that he considered himself an audiophile only because he got himself an expensive headphone.

Feb 27, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #1,390 of 6,432
Always nice to put a smile on a friends face.

My best friend had just broken up with his girlfriend (more than a decade living together), he was very stressed out at work also and dropped by to crash on my couch untill he got his own place.
I pulled out my sennheiser dt880 600ohms, plugged them into the A1 amp, slapped som pink floyd in the cd player. He just closed his eyes, leaned back and smiled. After a few tracks he opened his eyes and my wife had the apple pie ready for him and I poured him a glass of good dark rum.
1 hour later his smile was back on his face and his stressed look was gone. 
Who needs a shrink anyway?
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #1,391 of 6,432

Quote:
Originally Posted by a:xus

My best friend had just broken up with his girlfriend (more than a decade living together), he was very stressed out at work also and dropped by to crash on my couch untill he got his own place.

I pulled out my sennheiser dt880 600ohms, plugged them into the A1 amp, slapped som pink floyd in the cd player. He just closed his eyes, leaned back and smiled. After a few tracks he opened his eyes and my wife had the apple pie ready for him and I poured him a glass of good dark rum.

Sennheiser DT880??????

Feb 27, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #1,392 of 6,432

Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

You sir, are what true friends are made of!
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #1,394 of 6,432
OMG, this just occured.

I was walking to the library on campus and I saw one of my mates from last year. I saw that he was bose headphones (not sure of the type, I checked the apple website but they didn't look like any on there), I didn't make any remarks as I did not want to offend his purchase. Then he saw that I had my stock earbuds in (I don't like to use IEM's when on the move) and comented on how the had bad SQ and hurt his ears when he had them. So I stopped at a nearby table and took out my SE535's and showed him. His reply "oh, there those $100 headphones from Dick Smith" I gave up and we just went our seperate ways.

Feb 27, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #1,395 of 6,432

Quote:
OMG, this just occured.

I was walking to the library on campus and I saw one of my mates from last year. I saw that he was bose headphones (not sure of the type, I checked the apple website but they didn't look like any on there), I didn't make any remarks as I did not want to offend his purchase. Then he saw that I had my stock earbuds in (I don't like to use IEM's when on the move) and comented on how the had bad SQ and hurt his ears when he had them. So I stopped at a nearby table and took out my SE535's and showed him. His reply "oh, there those $100 headphones from Dick Smith" I gave up and we just went our seperate ways.

On campus!? Uh, aren't all schools closed due to the quake? Glad you're fine anyway. Anyway, for you Americans, Dick Smith is like the Best Buy of NZ (the Mom's and Pop's electronics store and the same infamy)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back