Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Nov 12, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #1,006 of 4,655
Yes! We don't go out much... And we will try our best to not buy more than 5 headphones.... Per month! :D

Hahaha! God how I wish I could afford to do that. With my current income I'll be stuck with my HE-400s powered by an ASUS Xonar Essence for quite some time (not that its a bad setup in any way, but the upgrade itch gets worse every day; darn you head-fi!)

Nov 12, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #1,007 of 4,655
Hahaha! God how I wish I could afford to do that. With my current income I'll be stuck with my HE-400s powered by an ASUS Xonar Essence for quite some time (not that its a bad setup in any way, but the upgrade itch gets worse every day; darn you head-fi!)

I can't either... But am planning to upgrade my amp next year... Late 2014 hopefully...

Nov 12, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #1,009 of 4,655
I want to get an amp too. I get the feeling my little built in amp on the soundcard doesn't have the juice to really power my orthos. I want to get the Lyr, but first I need a new car :/

or you could buy a moped leave you with mo money for n amp

also I look for my techie friends listen to my W 1000 X
sadly his judge of quality was how loud it got an powered by the Pb one I told him hed go deaf before the headphones max out... I powered up to about a 4th of its power n his ears started to hurt n rightfully so most of our small class could now hear the song from the headphones

either way he was impressed but for the wrong reasons...i also explained the concept of dynamics n at max volume the song with lose alot of its quality...

Nov 12, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #1,010 of 4,655
All sound is good. More sound = better sound.

Nov 12, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #1,012 of 4,655

Omg... that is priceless... but I think he's going to need an amp for that.

Honestly though in High School we knew a kid who literally carried Old PC TRS Jack Powered Speakers with him xD and even I used to BELT a Koss TD /75 to my head

but yea more=better... apprently ... I guess I should have wasted his hearing in that case 

Nov 12, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #1,014 of 4,655
  One pneumatic drill = good sound ? Ten pneumatic drills = better sound ?

According to some yes... again these non audiophiles are bizzare are they not! 

Nov 12, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #1,015 of 4,655
Walked past a colleague who was wearing a pair of Dr Beats Pro (white) plugged into his Mac. He had been complaining that there was no Bass! I let him try my UE900's / FiiO E12  Montblanc /Iphone 5 playing CD 44k music. He was blown away. The bass booost is really greate for Bass heads.Guess what- who is the new owner of a E12? HIM of course!
That was 3 weeks ago. Yesterday showed him the AccudioTm app on my Iphone and the customization of the EQ/Headphone type.
I turned aorund and asked him is he going to download the app. He pointed to his MAc and said that he had arleady downloaded it.
I think I will show him my headphone collection starting with my AT AD1000's and my HD800's.
Another NON_Audiophile bites the dust!

Nov 12, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #1,016 of 4,655
  Walked past a colleague who was wearing a pair of Dr Beats Pro (white) plugged into his Mac. He had been complaining that there was no Bass! I let him try my UE900's / FiiO E12  Montblanc /Iphone 5 playing CD 44k music. He was blown away. The bass booost is really greate for Bass heads.Guess what- who is the new owner of a E12? HIM of course!
That was 3 weeks ago. Yesterday showed him the AccudioTm app on my Iphone and the customization of the EQ/Headphone type.
I turned aorund and asked him is he going to download the app. He pointed to his MAc and said that he had arleady downloaded it.
I think I will show him my headphone collection starting with my AT AD1000's and my HD800's.
Another NON_Audiophile bites the dust!

Good for you man Nice on your first post and your already own an AD1000 and D 800 :O 

Nov 12, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #1,017 of 4,655
I want to get an amp too. I get the feeling my little built in amp on the soundcard doesn't have the juice to really power my orthos. I want to get the Lyr, but first I need a new car :/

If you are planning to run just the he400, I would get the magni as I didn't find much difference if any with the lyr. With the magni being so cheap, and sounds great with the he400, you might be able to grab them earlier.

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #1,019 of 4,655
Response to WASAPI/FLAC>Pop Pulse PCM1796 Mk2>Fiio E9>HD600: "What the ****** they sound terrible, there is no bass at all" as he goes on youtube to look for music to listen to and then goes to monster's website for.... You know.

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #1,020 of 4,655
Response to WASAPI/FLAC>Pop Pulse PCM1796 Mk2>Fiio E9>HD600: "What the ****** they sound terrible, there is no bass at all" as he goes on youtube to look for music to listen to and then goes to monster's website for.... You know.

I don't know :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back