Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Feb 25, 2013 at 6:48 AM Post #106 of 4,655
On my break, my superior was playing some game with his phone.  I sneaked behind him and shoved my headphones on his ears (playing some songs he likes of course).
"Waaaaaaah!" (English translaion: Wooooooow!)
I raised my eyebrow and smirked.  Thinking, "Yes, feel the power of my headphone with amp."
"Waaaaaah..."
"Uhuh" I nodded.  Feeling that I finally got my superior to understand why I insist on wearing headphones at work.

When he died (in game) he was upset and told me to take the headphones off.
"Don't you like it?" I asked.
"That damn music was too good, I can't concentrate on my game!  Keep those things away from me!"
size]

Well, at least he said it was "too good" (literal translation).

Feb 25, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #107 of 4,655
Quote:
i bought beyer T5Ps last week and bought ELAC am180s couple days ago...

i got yelled...

How much doess the ELAC cost? I've never seen one before, not that I pay much attention to speakers in general.

Feb 25, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #108 of 4,655
Not many people I know are supportive of my headphone purchasing, but so far everyone who's listened to my HE-500 is convinced that they're worth the money. I'm actually quite surprised at the positive reactions people give.

The HE-500 are a special set of cans! What's the rest of your chain?

Mar 2, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #109 of 4,655
Quote:
Here in LA, some people get cheapo houses in Santa Monica but have multiple cars in the six figure range...priorities...

Unless you're into the ultimate rare models, nothing depreciates in value faster than a car. And if you use it daily in the end it will die on you.

Audio doesn't do that.

Mar 2, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #112 of 4,655
Wow, this thread has really quieted down since transitioning from the old one.

Mar 2, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #113 of 4,655
Quote:
Wow, this thread has really quieted down since transitioning from the old one.

Maybe some people just never noticed the tread was restarted? 

I recently let a couple of my friend try out my LCD-2 set up with the ALO Pan Am (with a slight EQ for Bass, to convince the Beats believers), and all of them were stunned, even more so when I told them the price :D They were like,"The sound is absolutely freaking amazing....... How much did this cost?" But I've converted at least 2 of them to the dark side, one just bought a Fiio E17 and another is planning for CIEMs :)

Mar 3, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #116 of 4,655
PS1s are very cheap these days. There's a bit of a buzz about how the original run PS1s can put out sound worthy of a $6000 CD player. Now I have no idea if that's actually true, but for the price you can get them on Ebay, why not? So far I'm very happy.

http://www.destructoid.com/playstation-1-the-audiophile-s-dream--32269.phtml

Mar 3, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #117 of 4,655
I actually really want a PS1 for my CD player, then use it as a console sometimes
biggrin.gif
 Just need a bit more money..

Mar 3, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #118 of 4,655
How would I connect my amp/DAC to the PS1? Would I need the DAC?

Mar 3, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #119 of 4,655
Well, when I bought my DT880's I showed them to a couple friends, they just liked them (using the music they like and listen everyday) like "oh they sound good, nice" and thats all.

Then, that day at night, one texted me this: "god i hate you, Im listening to blablabla and now sounds like **** with my headphones".

xDDD, yes, he bought a pair of K550s and he is damn happy :D

Define "huge." Is spending $20,000 on car excessive for someone with a decent middle-class income? Most people would say no. Then how about $10,000 on a car and $10,000 on a nice headphone rig? It's all about priorities.

This ^. Sir, you just defined me, car to go to the place A to the place B in the cheapest way possible, even I use the bus a lot (I love to use the bus while I listen to music with my headphones :D).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back