Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Feb 18, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #91 of 4,655
What happened on the original thread? I wasnt on that thread for bout a week and now its closed..diesnt people learn from their mistakes? This is second very informing and fun to be with thread who was closed because of oftopic bashing ( yeah i read the last 10 pages in one row)..first ykuaa and now nartheh.. Guys..do everyone a favor a keep the posts on topic..we all ask u this..if u have the need to bash something..do it with ur head..oops..sorry..i meant against a pillow ofcourse as an anger management/anti bashing therapy
wink.gif

and now back on topic..does anyone know how long a usb cable can be before experiencing data errors?was just wondering..

oh another thing..thank u currawong for restarting an excellent thread back to life into version 2..much appreciated!

Feb 18, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #92 of 4,655
Quote:
Where are there cheap houses in Santa Monica? Well, maybe you live in Beverly Hills...its all relative.

popcorn.gif

Feb 18, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #93 of 4,655
the cost of audiophilism is rather huge, it turns people off quite easily, or stops them from advancing any higher than a $30 headphone

But shell out 399 for the "cool" headphones. hey, one can hope, right?

Makes me wonder if:

- A serious brand now needs to sell at a plus 500 price range to be taken seriously

- People eventually educate themselves on the internet until the market demand for a at least decent SQ drives manufacturers to deliver cool and SQ in that 399 price range?

Feb 19, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #94 of 4,655
Quote:
But shell out 399 for the "cool" headphones. hey, one can hope, right?

Makes me wonder if:

- A serious brand now needs to sell at a plus 500 price range to be taken seriously

- People eventually educate themselves on the internet until the market demand for a at least decent SQ drives manufacturers to deliver cool and SQ in that 399 price range?

I took hifiman seriously immediately after i heard their he300..as for the price that can pumps out music in a way u cant imagine..and that can only costs 249..

Feb 22, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #95 of 4,655
Quote:
I've tried to convert some Beats users with my system, but apparently, they were all deeply convinced that Beats are the best headphones in the market...

I think they just can't accept the fact that they've spend so much money on something that doesn't warrant it... or maybe the headphones manage to brainwash it's users while they wear it :O

Feb 22, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #96 of 4,655
My folks are pretty amusing here. My dad doesn't want to believe in HiFi headphones. He thinks that once you hit about $40 there is no further you can go, and thinks spending even that much is silly. He uses the stock ear buds from his clip zip (believe me, I've tried). My mother on the other hand, shows potential. The moment I slapped my MDR-V7 on her head she said "wow these are really clear... change the song, I don't like it". Her work cans broke, I'm thinking of getting her a set of ksc-75.

Feb 23, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #98 of 4,655
Quote:
I think they just can't accept the fact that they've spend so much money on something that doesn't warrant it... or maybe the headphones manage to brainwash it's users while they wear it :O

they did it through convincing the users that more bass = better. it gives them the image of a 'high fi' system because they associate expensive with powerful bass. (i kind of had that impression a long time ago when i was a kid)

Feb 23, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #99 of 4,655
they did it through convincing the users that more bass = better. it gives them the image of a 'high fi' system because they associate expensive with powerful bass. (i kind of had that impression a long time ago when i was a kid)

I did too, but it became tiring... So I tried something new thanks to the suggestion if an audiophile friend of mine (a k3003) my world turned. XD

Feb 23, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #100 of 4,655
Quote:

maybe, I let a beats user try my xb500s and he didn't think much of them though. I think it could also be to do with being too used to their beats. When I tried my sister's sennheiser's HD215 again after a long time not using them they sounded odd especially with the tiny bass but then a gave it a few minutes and began to really enjoy the SQ and then when I put mine back on the bass felt overpowering. If the beats users were given a day with the new headphones I bet they'd change their mind.

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #101 of 4,655
Quote:
I did too, but it became tiring... So I tried something new thanks to the suggestion if an audiophile friend of mine (a k3003) my world turned. XD

A K3003 is quite a rare and expensive beast to be your first sampling of the audiophile world. Lucky. The first taste I ever got was just a Senn HD428 a number of years ago (and I still bought a stupid WeSC after hearing it).

Feb 23, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #102 of 4,655
A K3003 is quite a rare and expensive beast to be your first sampling of the audiophile world. Lucky. The first taste I ever got was just a Senn HD428 a number of years ago (and I still bought a stupid WeSC after hearing it).

I actually owned an IE8 that time but was still listening to 128kbps MP3s :)

EDIT:
Spellinz

Feb 24, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #103 of 4,655
So we're about halfway though a semester here at BYU Idaho, but I've been able to start a small group of about 6 people who care about sound and headphones. This has been great, because I've been able to listen to a Sennheiser HD598, Beyerdynamic DT770, Grado SR80, and hope to be able to listen to more.

Other than that though, I have a roommate, and he often borrows my 'lowly' Sennheiser HD238, which isn't great, but it's a heck of a lot better than the Beats Solo... I hadn't listened to the Beats Pro since I got it, but recently my roommate and I went to B-Buy down in Idaho Falls. After listening to my HD238 for so long, the roommate put on the Beats Studio. "Trash. These are just trash." The same response was given for the Beats Pro. I'm sure their display with the crappy bass hump satisfies consumers, but he certainly wasn't fooled. The 238 isn't terribly good relative to headfi standards, but at 1/10th the price that I got them for, it thoroughly trounces them, and I'm glad my roommate was able to recognize that, without any prodding from me. (I was actually defending the Beats Pro, as a 'decent headphone if you like bass.')

His response: "Yeah, if you like garbage. People pay $400 for these things?" Absolutely great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back