Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
May 17, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #3,166 of 4,655
I don't mind it, but on the mdr 7506's the 10 khz spike is big enough to make male vocals tinny. Go try it yourself. Boost 10 khz on an eq by 6 db and it will sound tinny and screechy. Yes, some can stand it, but... You don't live in the USA correct? Americans love looks, and everyone I know won't ever wear big headphones unless they look amazing and are expensive EXCEPT 4 people. The difference a lot of people see between apple earpods and beats is the sub-bass, which was never produced in great enough amounts for them to notice until they tried beats. There is 10 people with beats, and the rest use no name ear buds that break every 3 weeks. I need something that will get those people interested in the looks, is expensive (Americans are the pinnacle of spending more for less.) and has a punch to the low end... Then they will start hearing a lot of details after they listen at home for a while. Its how teens at my school work man. I'm glad its different for you. Less work you have to go through to convert people... And I should have specifically said not too expensive. It has to be just right.

Yes, I have tried MDR-7506 myself and I find it a great pair of headphone but then again, I am not a fan of huge bass. I would rather go with UE4000/6000 if I were to stick with your opinion than K240 though. Sorry if that sounds harsh :frowning2:

May 17, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #3,167 of 4,655
Hmm... I'll suggest those too. Thanks!

May 17, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #3,168 of 4,655
Occasional lurker, first time poster here. I don't really have much experience with high end audio equipment due to a strict full time student budget but I'm attempting to get into it little by little. Anyways, my first experience with so called "high end" headphones were when my brother told me I just HAD to listen to his new Dr. Dre beats. Once my ears stopped bleeding from the bass I decided they werent my style. They weren't horrible but I knew there was no way that was accurate sound. It was all lows and nothing else. Works for him though, he only listens to hip hop. My tastes are a bit more eclectic.

May 17, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #3,169 of 4,655
That´s the point. Beats aren´t thaaat terrible, but only work for Bass heavy music...I guess.
And, about experiences with friends, it´s funny because most of them, didn´t wanted bass, I even remember one that told me that bass made him feel dizzy. Must be because most of my friends are metalheads or like rock and similar genres.
Another friend that has a pair of Soundmagic HP-100 for example think that my M3 are too bassy, even without any eq, and...i think that the Soundmagic sound too bright and without bass, lol. You always need to ask to someone if they like bass or not!

May 17, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #3,170 of 4,655
I agree, there is always preference when it comes to audio. My brother thinks his Beats are the best headphones money can buy which for him is probably right because they have the lows and "swag" that he wants. For me however, I have my eyes set on something more balanced. I can't wait until I am able to experience a higher level of fidelity once my budget allows

May 17, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #3,172 of 4,655
May 17, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #3,173 of 4,655
It wasn't my intention to "beat bash." Those are just the only higher end over ears that I have had experience with and I was sharing my impression. As I said, it may not be my taste but taste is all relative and I respect everyone's opinions.

May 17, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #3,174 of 4,655
Was it original studios with screws visible and metal extenders? Because those suck. The 2.0 studios are great.

May 17, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #3,176 of 4,655
I keep getting annoyed at when people don't like headphones strictly because of sound sig... The problem with this, not liking headphones strictly because of signature, is ridiculous. (unless you're recording) Just eq it to your preference! Too many people are under the impression that an eq somehow deteriorates the quality, it doesn't. It can distort at high levels, but if you lower instead of raise, no problem.

I much rather buy the headphones that has the sound signature that I like, I dont wanna spend a huge amount of time trying to change one headphone into another headphone by EQing, if I have to EQ then I don't like the headphone and I might as well just sell it and get the headphone that has the sound signature that i was trying to EQ to, No amount of EQ would had made me liked the DT880 premium 600's I had prior to these T90. You might think it ridiculous but I don't. Just like the fact that I only own one headphone at a any giving time and not a dozen of pairs like alot of people on the forums . I have nothing against EQing I just prefer to keep it flat and find something I like after trial and error. I mean I liked the DT880 premium 600's but they wasn't exactly what I wanted and I wanted more and I got that more in the form of a T90.

May 17, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #3,177 of 4,655
I much rather buy the headphones that has the sound signature that I like, I dont wanna spend a huge amount of time trying to change one headphone into another headphone by EQing, if I have to EQ then I don't like the headphone and I might as well just sell it and get the headphone that has the sound signature that i was trying to EQ to, No amount of EQ would had made me liked the DT880 premium 600's I had prior to these T90. You might think it ridiculous but I don't. Just like the fact that I only own one headphone at a any giving time and not a dozen of pairs like alot of people on the forums . I have nothing against EQing I just prefer to keep it flat and find something I like after trial and error. I mean I liked the DT880 premium 600's but they wasn't exactly what I wanted and I wanted more and I got that more in the form of a T90.
ok. I'll just be using my headphones any way I want to with eq. It doesn't take that long to rough eq it once you've gotten some practice using one. :-/

May 17, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #3,178 of 4,655
Yes, I have tried MDR-7506 myself and I find it a great pair of headphone but then again, I am not a fan of huge bass. I would rather go with UE4000/6000 if I were to stick with your opinion than K240 though. Sorry if that sounds harsh :frowning2:
hmm... Ue6000 has 12db more bass than k240's.

May 17, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #3,179 of 4,655
Quote:
Yes, I have tried MDR-7506 myself and I find it a great pair of headphone but then again, I am not a fan of huge bass. I would rather go with UE4000/6000 if I were to stick with your opinion than K240 though. Sorry if that sounds harsh 
frown.gif

hmm... Ue6000 has 12db more bass than k240's.

Honestly, I don't think that the 7506 has "huge" bass. It's actually pretty fine, although the soundstage leaves much to be desired IMO. But I never knew the UE6K has basshead-friendly bass. That made me LOL when I finally found out the contradiction.

May 17, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #3,180 of 4,655
Honestly, I don't think that the 7506 has "huge" bass. It's actually pretty fine, although the soundstage leaves much to be desired IMO. But I never knew the UE6K has basshead-friendly bass. That made me LOL when I finally found out the contradiction.
I didn't know that either lol until I looked a goldenears.net hehehe. Yep... Actually, nvm. I was wrong on the bass... Not sub bass however. I was right on sub bass. http://en.goldenears.net/33893 http://en.goldenears.net/17565

Users who are viewing this thread

Back