Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
May 14, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #3,046 of 4,655

I always thought beats did a decent job with comfort, and it was such a shame that they sounded so blech.  And I would agree with the assertion about the M50's.  Plus, at $120-$150 they're quite a bargain if you're looking for popular cans.  (I know some kid who payed $350 for his M50's, and I was like... where did you buy them?  I can't even find them for that much anywhere.... oh well.)
Though of course, if you look at pictures of Dr. Dre in the studio, he's usually wearing Sony studio Monitors.  XD

Also, your avatar picture is bold here on head-fi!  I applaud you for the daring-do.

Sony monitors? If so, I'm wililng to bet it's either the V-7506 or the V6, which are the real headphones "Used to Mix in Every Major Studio." Heard them myself, then recommended it to a friend. He now has two budget pairs. 
wink.gif

Also, it's not "daring-do," it's derring-do. Saying that only brings back memories of MLP...My God...
Oh yeah, I just CHANGEd my avatar. It's funny, so yeah.

May 14, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #3,047 of 4,655
how do you know it isn't the pre 2013 model lol? The pre 2013 model= major suckage. Post 2013 model= decent sound with a general frequency curve not unlike a v-moda m-100... So, again, an audiophile can with a kick.. Never thought I'd say that about beats. Then I try them. Pretty good, but I like my headphones more... I don't exactly think the soundstage is "Huge", but its fairly large for a closed back can. Again, my headphones have a bigger soundstage, but then again semi-open (more open then not.) vs closed... The beats performance is admirable. The mids? Decent. Again, in a side by side comparison, akg's win. Treble... Again. Akg's... Ah but bass... Upper bass? Akg's... Sub and mid bass???... BEATS. By a wide margin, just because of recessment... Do the hd700's not sound as good, or do you just prefer beats because of those few things? Both are awesome headphones either way. I'd be happy to buy a pair of studios someday, and buy something (maybe not 700's) from sennheiser... Well, interesting input to the conversation as always hapster.

No problem, I'm just trying to get the word out of how fantastic the new beats are.

May 14, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #3,051 of 4,655
They inject the missing audio data back into the mp3 files, filling your music with life and creating a mini-concert in your ears that sounds exactly how the artist intended!

May 14, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #3,052 of 4,655
Don't forget the unrivaled build quality offered the beats! When the clamp is too tight you can even bend the headband backwards a few times and viola!

They inject the missing audio data back into the mp3 files, filling your music with life and creating a mini-concert in your ears that sounds exactly how the artist intended!

MY GOD. THE SARCASM. I LOVE IT.

Also, +1 on the references. I remember the old days where I read the most exaggerated marketing statment the first time. Seriously, recovering the lost data from lossy MP3 files? 

May 14, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #3,053 of 4,655
MY GOD. THE SARCASM. I LOVE IT.

Also, +1 on the references. I remember the old days where I read the most exaggerated marketing statment the first time. Seriously, recovering the lost data from lossy MP3 files? 

Unfortunately for my keyboard, I did a literal spit take when I first saw that statement on the beats website.

May 14, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #3,055 of 4,655
Did anyone even ask for a comparison to your AKG 240's ?!

Someone got sick of dischord talking about his akg k240.. Just ignore it!

May 14, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #3,056 of 4,655

Did anyone even ask for a comparison to your AKG 240's ?!

Someone got sick of dischord talking about his akg k240.. Just ignore it!

That's what he always does. 
"Let It Go," dude!

...Okay, I honestly despise that song, but I thought it was a good idea.

May 14, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #3,057 of 4,655
That's what he always does. 
"Let It Go," dude!

...Okay, I honestly despise that song, but I thought it was a good idea.

Yeah, lets not get this thread into a dischord hating thread, it's head-fi, we are mature!

May 14, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #3,058 of 4,655
I have a friend who didn't even listen to any headphones yet aside from his beats that his girlfriend bought him, and defends that brand against anything I say. It is awesome to read some of the stories of the successful stories of showing friends high end headphones, I have experienced both ends myself. But my buddy just keeps defending his beats, one of his big points was the amount of money the company had made, I was too disappointed to even explain how horrible that logic was. I am not quite sure why I can go spend way too much money on a PC and speakers and stuff, but for some reason with headphones I feel like I need people to understand more than anything else why I have purchased them. Which in turn it annoys me the most when they aren't as excited about the sound as I am. That is pretty much how I want people to react, because I should not be as surprised as them, right? Never the case though...

May 14, 2014 at 5:31 AM Post #3,059 of 4,655
  I have a friend who didn't even listen to any headphones yet aside from his beats that his girlfriend bought him, and defends that brand against anything I say. It is awesome to read some of the stories of the successful stories of showing friends high end headphones, I have experienced both ends myself. But my buddy just keeps defending his beats, one of his big points was the amount of money the company had made, I was too disappointed to even explain how horrible that logic was. I am not quite sure why I can go spend way too much money on a PC and speakers and stuff, but for some reason with headphones I feel like I need people to understand more than anything else why I have purchased them. Which in turn it annoys me the most when they aren't as excited about the sound as I am. That is pretty much how I want people to react, because I should not be as surprised as them, right? Never the case though...

Look, maybe he's defending it because his girlfriend bought a pair for him. Think about it; it's either that, or he's immature and just wants to defend his pride. I'm willing to bet he even knows he's wrong. Still, judging a company based on their market share is a bad idea.

May 14, 2014 at 5:38 AM Post #3,060 of 4,655
  Look, maybe he's defending it because his girlfriend bought a pair for him. Think about it; it's either that, or he's immature and just wants to defend his pride. I'm willing to bet he even knows he's wrong. Still, judging a company based on their market share is a bad idea.

Ya haha that might be it. But yes, he has a lot of pride and just can't be wrong. But hey I feel the same way about myself too. But there are times where we know we are right, and one of those times is when Beats are brought up. I have read a lot of stories too about people not liking audiophile headphones because they lack the bass, so I feel like I have a decent pair to counter that with. I happen to still like my bass so I have the V-moda M100s; he hasn't even heard them yet so I'll wait until that happens (all of our debating is over skype while playing video games or texting). Hell in my opinion even the sennheiser HD-280 sounded better than the $300 beats I heard. 

That is kind of an opposite story to this thread actually, about when I heard the beats. I had been listening to my $80 dollar HD-280's for a while and when I put the $300 beats on, it was ME that was shaking my head. Also, like our situation, they sit and judge thinking you don't know what sounds good, maybe that you're even jealous. RIGHT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back