Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Mar 22, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #2,086 of 4,655

I feel sorry for you. I can't believe people are that brainwashed so easily by marketing these days. Sad really.

LOL "these days". Like people were never brainwashed before by claims made by someone they believed are in a position of expertise. 

Mar 22, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #2,088 of 4,655

I feel sorry for you. I can't believe people are that brainwashed so easily by marketing these days. Sad really.

That's like saying i feel sorry for you for thinking that (insert headphone) is the best headphone because people here on head-fi says it sounds good. Audio is pretty subjective so different people have different tastes in sound. Don't understand why we can't all just respect each others' opinions.

On topic though, i always let my friends try my stuff out when visit and they usually don't have much to say, other than "how do i wear this without ruining my hair"

Mar 22, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #2,089 of 4,655
That's like saying i feel sorry for you for thinking that (insert headphone) is the best headphone because people here on head-fi says it sounds good. Audio is pretty subjective so different people have different tastes in sound. Don't understand why we can't all just respect each others' opinions.

On topic though, i always let my friends try my stuff out when visit and they usually don't have much to say, other than "how do i wear this without ruining my hair"
ha! That's my sisters exact thought on headphones!

Mar 22, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #2,090 of 4,655

Because what's the point in spending exorbitant amounts of money on audio equipment if I can't proudly display it and feel superior to people who don't have them? It's not about personally enjoying the audio, it's about the status symbol! TOTALLY unlike those Beats people!

Mar 22, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #2,091 of 4,655
With all due respect to all the beats etc. owners..BUT...

Why for gods sake would anyone make fake phones of such a terrible sounding (u call it real sound???) and built phones?? Thats totally beyond me..or it must be because all those 'bass addicted audiophiles' dont hear suffiently or has braindamage..

..sorry but this is just to much to read on a thead supposed to be talked about non-audiophile reactions on HIGH END HEADPHONES..not phones who dont even deserve to be low fi..sound wise...OMG..

and dont start i am biassed..i am actually scarred ****less that my 11year old daughter will start walkin with that stuff once she needs/wants portable stuff to use when going to school when she goes to high school....

So i am goin to do some investigation soon, to find her some affordable (around 200euro) quality brand smaller model ON-EAR (no in-ear) headphones (sennheiser, beyer, grado, denon, philips) soon, ibasso or RSA portable amp and from her mums her iphone when she gets a newer model ..hope she is safe then..
wink.gif

I find this funny, yet agreeable. To those beats owners, the beats they bought for $300 are highend. Not through sound (since they most likely have no idea what real highend sound is like), but the price. It gives this false sense that, since you paid a high price, it has to be good. Also, just to point it out, the Studios apparently sound good (not for the price good, but I digress. Though,I say this as someone who has only read they sound good, not having heard them myself outside of about a 20 second try at a Bestbuy.
I applaud your decision for your daughter. Best not to get kids into materialistic tendencies. Glad there are parents out there that know their Schiit and don't just mindlessly follow trends and the idiot tube. Will also reduce the chances of having them stolen since they aren't as popular as beats, saving her and yourself much heart -and wallet- ache.

Mar 22, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #2,092 of 4,655
Because what's the point in spending exorbitant amounts of money on audio equipment if I can't proudly display it and feel superior to people who don't have them? It's not about personally enjoying the audio, it's about the status symbol! TOTALLY unlike those Beats people!

Sorry..but..thats not the point of having superior higher end stuff..i never and i will never think like that! On contrary..i let people feel good and so let them listen to my stuff..i dont feel superior if they have a humble 200usd sennheiser and my headphone rig is worth way over.$$$$$$ (the guys who know me know how much i spent on this rig..lolz)... i respect any and everyone..and consider them as equals..i only doubt sometimes ur decisions in buying certain kind of headphones and then stating they sound 'best of the world'..but i let them land very quickly on solid ground when they put my headphones on their head...especially my metallica minded younger friends get fabergasted when they listen to their favorite groups (with their agressive guitarring and low develish growling types and lighting fast drums)..they just start automatically headbanging..i let them stop ofcourse or else the phone falls on the floor..but..respect always..never ever i feel superior..even if i know my rig is far superior then theirs.. I never buy stuff to use it as a showoff product that i am better them them,,,IMHo ofcourse :wink:

Mar 22, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #2,093 of 4,655
Sorry..but..thats not the point of having superior higher end stuff..i never and i will never think like that! On contrary..i let people feel good and so let them listen to my stuff..i dont feel superior if they have a humble 200usd sennheiser and my headphone rig is worth way over.$$$$$$ (the guys who know me know how much i spent on this rig..lolz)... i respect any and everyone..and consider them as equals..i only doubt sometimes ur decisions in buying certain kind of headphones and then stating they sound 'best of the world'..but i let them land very quickly on solid ground when they put my headphones on their head...especially my metallica minded younger friends get fabergasted when they listen to their favorite groups (with their agressive guitarring and low develish growling types and lighting fast drums)..they just start automatically headbanging..i let them stop ofcourse or else the phone falls on the floor..but..respect always..never ever i feel superior..even if i know my rig is far superior then theirs.. I never buy stuff to use it as a showoff product that i am better them them,,,IMHo ofcourse
wink.gif

Mmmmmmhm. A "humble $200usd Sennheiser". That should indicate just how much your perspective has changed. 
wink.gif

Mar 22, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #2,094 of 4,655
To those of you getting the ugly headphones comments. Just ignore them, they don't know anything. Also, consider something more, how you say, better looking for portable, outside use. Something like the Senn Momentum, Sony MDR-1R, V-Moda M100, UE6000. It'll make those comments stop. Good sound and good looks at the same time, what could be better? Your headphones will get plenty of praise and people will willingly listen to them. They'll realize the folly of their ways and start caring about the sound a little bit more too. People are superficial. Looks come first. It's not at all weird that they would say "get beats, they look awesome". It's in their nature.

Mar 22, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #2,095 of 4,655
I showed a couple of my friends a picture of my Alpha Dogs and all of them thought they were ugly while I was the only one who thought it was a beauty. I showed a friend the original T50RP and he thought it looked better :xf_eek: Whatever, still have to respect their opinions.

Mar 22, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #2,096 of 4,655
Mmmmmmhm. A "humble $200usd Sennheiser". That should indicate just how much your perspective has changed. :wink:  

What do u mean with that? Did u hear me saying humble people or something? Or disrespect anyone?

Humble in what it costs! Thats just a fact..200usd is not a lot of money nowadays..and i will probably buy such a humble phone for my sweet daughter..when she passes this schoolyear..so she is motivated..lolz
And they sound good for the money!!!! And look good, imho ofcourse!

@rainheaven...they actually dont look that good..but thats way beside the point....they sound good, they say...i dont like the looks of audeze also..i even didnt like the cheapish looks of hifiman...but lookie at me now..i now have my fourth one as they sound absolutely stunning for their price,.and thats all what matter!!

Mar 22, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #2,098 of 4,655
What do u mean with that? Did u hear me saying humble people or something? Or disrespect anyone?

Humble in what it costs! Thats just a fact..200usd is not a lot of money nowadays..and i will probably buy such a humble phone for my sweet daughter..when she passes this schoolyear..so she is motivated..lolz

@rainheaven...they actually dont look that good..but thats way beside the point....they sound good, they say...i dont like the looks of audeze also..i even didnt like the cheapish looks of hifiman...but lookie at me now..i now have my fourth one as they sound absolutely stunning for their price,.and thats all what matter!!
Don't get her a 200$ sennheiser... I've heard the build on sennheisers under 400$ isn't very good for portable use. Get her something that can be dropped a few times. Believe me, kids drop stuff quite often. :)

Mar 22, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #2,099 of 4,655

Just for the record, I am someone with a "humble $200" UE headphone. I felt no disrespect. It is true, $200 isn't much in the audio, or tech world. I don't know why SomeDudeGuy is saying that but, IMO, you are not in the wrong here. So think nothing of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back