Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Mar 22, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #2,071 of 4,655
well, there's multiple models of beats iem's. They're either urbeats, or beats tour, and they could be either monster beats or beats 2.0. So it doubt it was fake beats just by the fact there is four different models designed differently from 2 companies, and he got them for a gift, so they most likely bought them from a reputable electronics source, like best buy or something.

Kind sir I used to be a beats fanboy not too long ago, these are the urbeats. I don't think that this colour was around when monster was still part of them. I think these are the SE version of the urbeats, the silver ones..

I'm not saying they ARE fake, but I'm saying here might be a possibility, since I've never seen these eartips on this colour of urbeats before, and here are a lot of fake ones around.

As for the gift thingy, you'll be surprised how many people gift friends/family fake beats and tell them they're real.. Not calling the one who gave the gift a liar of course, that won't make any sense.

Also, fakes can get creepy close to the real sound, for only half the price. That's just because, well, you know, beats are terrible for the money.

Mar 22, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #2,072 of 4,655
Kind sir I used to be a beats fanboy not too long ago, these are the urbeats. I don't think that this colour was around when monster was still part of them. I think these are the SE version of the urbeats, the silver ones..

I'm not saying they ARE fake, but I'm saying here might be a possibility, since I've never seen these eartips on this colour of urbeats before, and here are a lot of fake ones around.

As for the gift thingy, you'll be surprised how many people gift friends/family fake beats and tell them they're real.. Not calling the one who gave the gift a liar of course, that won't make any sense.

Also, fakes can get creepy close to the real sound, for only half the price. That's just because, well, you know, beats are terrible for the money.

With all due respect to all the beats etc. owners..BUT...

Why for gods sake would anyone make fake phones of such a terrible sounding (u call it real sound???) and built phones?? Thats totally beyond me..or it must be because all those 'bass addicted audiophiles' dont hear suffiently or has braindamage..

..sorry but this is just to much to read on a thead supposed to be talked about non-audiophile reactions on HIGH END HEADPHONES..not phones who dont even deserve to be low fi..sound wise...OMG..

and dont start i am biassed..i am actually scarred ****less that my 11year old daughter will start walkin with that stuff once she needs/wants portable stuff to use when going to school when she goes to high school....

So i am goin to do some investigation soon, to find her some affordable (around 200euro) quality brand smaller model ON-EAR (no in-ear) headphones (sennheiser, beyer, grado, denon, philips) soon, ibasso or RSA portable amp and from her mums her iphone when she gets a newer model ..hope she is safe then.. :wink:

Mar 22, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #2,073 of 4,655

Why for gods sake would anyone make fake phones of such a terrible sounding (u call it real sound???) and built phones?? Thats totally beyond me..or it must be because all those 'bass addicted audiophiles' dont hear suffiently or has braindamage..

..sorry but this is just to much to read on a thead supposed to be talked about non-audiophile reactions on HIGH END HEADPHONES..not phones who dont even deserve to be low fi..sound wise...OMG..

and dont start i am biassed..i am actually scarred ****less that my 11year old daughter will start walkin with that stuff once she needs/wants portable stuff to use when going to school when she goes to high school....

So i am goin to do some investigation soon, to find her some affordable (around 200euro) quality brand smaller model ON-EAR (no in-ear) headphones (sennheiser, beyer, grado, denon, philips) soon, ibasso or RSA portable amp and from her mums her old (black) ithingie 4S..hope she is safe then.. :wink:
good man. The new beats studio 2.0's sound is comparable to some 120-140$ headphones, and very comfortable. They sound quite pleasant. They have a v-moda m-100 like frequency response, but they, like you said, are no where near to being worth 300$. Yep. Get her sennheisers, denons, Beyer, or whatever brand you want. I don't want to influence your decision on good headphone brands. Just don't let her get into crappy ibuds or overpriced beats... Or overpriced iPhones for that matter. Get her a Nokia Lumia, or a google nexus. IPhones are way overpriced for just having a dual core chipset that is the same speed as a Nokia that came out in 2011 for 450$, and is now 100$. I repeat: Do not let her get into the iPhone craze. I am looking at hard data, and real numbers to tell you that do not get an iPhone. Heck, don't get an iMac either. For 1400$ you can get an iMac with the same speed as a 400$ windows 8 computer.

Mar 22, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #2,074 of 4,655
good man. The new beats studio 2.0's sound is comparable to some 120-140$ headphones, and very comfortable. They sound quite pleasant. They have a v-moda m-100 like frequency response, but they, like you said, are no where near to being worth 300$. Yep. Get her sennheisers, denons, Beyer, or whatever brand you want. I don't want to influence your decision on good headphone brands. Just don't let her get into crappy ibuds or overpriced beats... Or overpriced iPhones for that matter. Get her a Nokia Lumia, or a google nexus. IPhones are way overpriced for just having a dual core chipset that is the same speed as a Nokia that came out in 2011 for 450$, and is now 100$. I repeat: Do not let her get into the iPhone craze. I am looking at hard data, and real numbers to tell you that do not get an iPhone. Heck, don't get an iMac either. For 1400$ you can get an iMac with the same speed as a 400$ windows 8 computer.

I forgot to say AKG heaphones..they sound very good also for the price...and i would never buy a new iPhone for her..it will be a iphone her mums used (she changes phones almost every year for a newer model, and being the fashion addict that she is..she only wants iphone..i always try her to get a samsung etc..but to no avail)..and in the house we dont have imacs..to expensive for what they deliver..she has a windows 8 asus laptop...a cheap one...so no worries that she gets into the apple hype.. Lolz.

Mar 22, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #2,075 of 4,655
I forgot to say AKG heaphones..they sound very good also for the price...and i would never buy a new iPhone for her..it will be a iphone her mums used (she changes phones almost every year for a newer model, and being the fashion addict that she is..she only wants iphone..i always try her to get a samsung etc..but to no avail)..and in the house we dont have imacs..to expensive for what they deliver..she has a windows 8 asus laptop...a cheap one...so no worries that she gets into the apple hype.. Lolz.
Samsung is a lot better for 600$ than an iPhone, but id still look into getting a nexus 5, LG, or if you like windows phone 8, then Nokia.

Mar 22, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #2,076 of 4,655
Samsung is a lot better for 600$ than an iPhone, but id still look into getting a nexus 5, LG, or if you like windows phone 8, then Nokia.

iPhone owner checking in. Massive matter of opinion. Previously had a Galaxy SIII and S4, switched to the 5s. For my preferences, it was a well warranted swap. So... yeah. To me, Samsung < Apple by a wide margin. But it's largely dependent upon usage and needs. 

Mar 22, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #2,077 of 4,655

So i am goin to do some investigation soon, to find her some affordable (around 200euro) quality brand smaller model ON-EAR (no in-ear) headphones (sennheiser, beyer, grado, denon, philips) soon, ibasso or RSA portable amp and from her mums her iphone when she gets a newer model ..hope she is safe then..
wink.gif

The reason they make fakes, is they have the same looks, and are half of the price.
Do you really think that beats users care about the sound? Cause they really don't. If it plays a tune then it's all fine for them, but the looks man, the looks! They must be great, otherwise they won't put it on their head!
I get reactions everyday 'WOW You're such an idiot, why would you wear such an ugly headphone (HE-300) when you have that beauty of a beats laying next to you!' 'Damn man, your headphone is ugly' 'I don't even want to be found dead with that thing!'.
I always tell them 'Why the hell care about the looks, you won't see them when you're wearing them, and why give a sh1t about what other people think?'. Works like a charm every time.

Edit: Out of nowhere smartphones get involved.. Well then.

Don't get an Iphone, the specs are worse, the warranty is one of the worst (Multiple friends of mine get ******** answers, like "well if the camera fails you've probably did something bad with it! And we do not cover that!", they don't even ask them to send them in and take a look at them.)

On other hand, I have a Sony Xperia Z1 (The purple version, because it's fabulous!), and I'm loving it. The only problem it ever had was that it randomly gets a black screen (Maybe once every 2 months) which a flagship model shouldn't have, but well, a soft-reset and everything works fine again. It has great specs (2.2ghz quad core snapdragon 800, 20.7mp camera, waterproof, 2GB RAM), it can pretty much run everything. A great thing about Android is that it doesn't limit your downloads to the google play store (The place where you download the apps) where IOS limits you to the app store (not talking about jailbreaking, but that will void your warranty, that was non-existant anyway). But you can freely download anything you like on your Android device.

Unless you cannot live without the IOS layout, get an Android.

Mar 22, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #2,078 of 4,655
Quote:

I shall repeat a well-worn phrase: in this hobby, the rule of YMMV always applies. Always.

Mar 22, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #2,079 of 4,655
  The reason they make fakes, is they have the same looks, and are half of the price.
Do you really think that beats users care about the sound? Cause they really don't. If it plays a tune then it's all fine for them, but the looks man, the looks! They must be great, otherwise they won't put it on their head!
I get reactions everyday 'WOW You're such an idiot, why would you wear such an ugly headphone (HE-300) when you have that beauty of a beats laying next to you!' 'Damn man, your headphone is ugly' 'I don't even want to be found dead with that thing!'.
I always tell them 'Why the hell care about the looks, you won't see them when you're wearing them, and why give a sh1t about what other people think?'. Works like a charm every time.

Actually a large majority of my friends claim that Beats are the best sounding headphones ever (no exaggeration) and refuse to listen to any kind of argument that they're not.
Also, I love the looks of the HiFiMan HE line. The HE-500 and HE-6 are absolutely gorgeous in my opinion.

Mar 22, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #2,080 of 4,655
Heh... Now get back on topic, or you're fired! (anyone get that tv show reference?)

Mar 22, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #2,081 of 4,655
My Mom came over to have a small lunch & tea.  I had mentioned I had finished assembling an amplifier and showed it to her. Next thing you know she was trying out the HD650's & Crack. It was supposed to just be one song, then she was pretty amazed and continued to hog my laptop for over an hour listening to music. She's never heard any nice headphone gear before and was limited to Apple earbuds in experience.  
Oh and my cat is jumping onto the counter. 

Mar 22, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #2,082 of 4,655
My Mom came over to have a small lunch & tea.  I had mentioned I had finished assembling an amplifier and showed it to her. Next thing you know she was trying out the HD650's & Crack. It was supposed to just be one song, then she was pretty amazed and continued to hog my laptop for over an hour listening to music. She's never heard any nice headphone gear before and was limited to Apple earbuds in experience.  
Oh and my cat is jumping onto the counter. 

THAT. IS THE BEST PICTURE IVE EVER SEEN!!! XD

Mar 22, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #2,083 of 4,655
THAT. IS THE BEST PICTURE IVE EVER SEEN!!! XD

That cat looks like its coming from the matrix..slooooow moootion moovesss..pricessless!!! Picture well taken..a classic!

Mar 22, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #2,084 of 4,655
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0F-XzhAMFAM this is the best videogame theme song I've ever heard. Love persona 4 so much!... And I'm from the united states, where only a few thousand were sold...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back