Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Feb 7, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #1,414 of 4,655
I just auditioned DNA Pro's few days ago. This was a big surprise to my ears and this was mainly because they sounded really great. I think I might have even liked them more than my Momentum. To my ears DNA Pro's had very neutral signature. I actually can't remember any single thing that I would not like about them. I won't write here any long review, but I just wanted to point out that if DNA Pro's sound so good and are very fashionable, how are you going to convince a non-audiophile owner of DNA's to more audiophileish cans?

Feb 8, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #1,418 of 4,655
I just auditioned DNA Pro's few days ago. This was a big surprise to my ears and this was mainly because they sounded really great. I think I might have even liked them more than my Momentum. To my ears DNA Pro's had very neutral signature. I actually can't remember any single thing that I would not like about them. I won't write here any long review, but I just wanted to point out that if DNA Pro's sound so good and are very fashionable, how are you going to convince a non-audiophile owner of DNA's to more audiophileish cans?

Tell him that Dennis Rodman from North Korea wears them around his neck.

Feb 9, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #1,420 of 4,655
Another friend of mine listened to my setup (see sig, with Philips 6DJ8 A-Frame on WA3 at that time). Weirdly, he said the bass is mindblowing and very punchy. He didn't leave a lot of comment on other factors but the bass. I never thought anyone would praise the bass of the HD800 
tongue.gif

Feb 9, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #1,421 of 4,655
  Another friend of mine listened to my setup (see sig, with Philips 6DJ8 A-Frame on WA3 at that time). Weirdly, he said the bass is mindblowing and very punchy. He didn't leave a lot of comment on other factors but the bass. I never thought anyone would praise the bass of the HD800 
tongue.gif

Fascinating! What was the test track, do you remember? 

Feb 9, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #1,422 of 4,655

Fascinating! What was the test track, do you remember? 

I cannot recall what he listen to from Spotify, but from my lossless files in Foobar he listens to Ed Sheeran and Norah Jones. Not really what one would describe as "bass heavy music".

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #1,424 of 4,655
I do appriciate HD800's bass as well last time. Long long ago
biggrin.gif
it's "natural" to me back when I listen to it a few years ago according to my not yet matual ears xD

Well, according to www.headphone.com, the newer (2013+) HD800 is different to the old ones. So you might get a different experience if you listen to them again nowadays 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back