Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Jan 11, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #4,081 of 4,655

You know, you're absolutely right.  How silly of me.  I'll have to bring all of that with me next time.  How about I bring the Baby Orpheus as well?  Possibly a pair of HE-6LCD-3?  How about I just bring the flagship cans from all the major players?

No, you need to time travel to the future and get the HE90 420.  Most euphoric sound ever.  Why not the unreleased HE1000? Why not steal the prototype LCD-Z?  The cans you listed are all pleb tier.

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #4,083 of 4,655
So far, both my parent never know how much I have spent on my audio gears. If they know the cumulative cost adds up to a car, they might ask me to pay back the college funds they gave me. Not like I use their money to buy any of the gears, but I guess they have very different view on how people should spend their money.

Apart from my family, I will never tell people outside of headfi what I own and how much I spend on it. I might let them audition my system if they like musics. If they still prefer bose or beat, I will change the subject to other things and lead them away from my gears~

I just want to maintain my social circles by keep my mouth shut because there is nothing wrong with Bose or beat apart from the sound. Those headphones are like apple products or luxury brands which acts more like a social status indicator. The general assumption is that if you can blow over 400 dollars on a headphone just to listen to music on the street, you must be loaded with cash. Normally it is true:p

P.S.
I use to think I am crazy by spending more than $1000 on headphone. Until one day, I was shopping for a new pair of speakers, and the store owners told me that anything below 100K is not even considered as entry level for hifi speaker systems. Then I realize, even you are crazy, and know nothing about physics, you can still be rich.

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #4,084 of 4,655
  Anedio D2 --> kkmaster --> He-6. godlike sound if you don't wanna break your wallet COMPLETELY.
My friend: I can't really hear the difference between your setup and my $25 earphones plugged into my phone playing 192kbps files.
I then went on to roll my eyes and go ok.

That is not ture. Even my grandparent notice that the background noise is gone. At least your friend can tell that from the file and the phone output. Otherwise, he should check his ear, this is much more than 20db difference already~~

Jan 12, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #4,085 of 4,655
  No, you need to time travel to the future and get the HE90 420.  Most euphoric sound ever.  Why not the unreleased HE1000? Why not steal the prototype LCD-Z?  The cans you listed are all pleb tier.

And here I was thinking I knew something about the personal audio game.  Thanks for clearing that up!  Should I bring the Beyerdynamic T-9,000,000 or are they also unworthy?

Jan 12, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #4,086 of 4,655
  And here I was thinking I knew something about the personal audio game.  Thanks for clearing that up!  Should I bring the Beyerdynamic T-9,000,000 or are they also unworthy?

Change that 9 to a 10 and you're on the right track.

Jan 12, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #4,088 of 4,655

Thank you for setting me straight!  How could I have allowed my own family to listen to such garbage?

No problem.  I highly recommend getting the B43t5 Pr0 as well.

Jan 12, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #4,089 of 4,655

I can send you the Sennhieser HDX 9001 - Limited Edition, Schiit Centari X Series Amp Omega Edition, Schiit Alpha X Series Dac ARC Edition, Schiit PYST-X cable, and the Western Digital Caviar WhiteX 1PB SSD.

Jan 12, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #4,091 of 4,655
I can send you the Sennhieser HDX 9001 - Limited Edition, Schiit Centari X Series Amp Omega Edition, Schiit Alpha X Series Dac ARC Edition, Schiit PYST-X cable, and the Western Digital Caviar WhiteX 1PB SSD.

I'd much appreciate it.  Just sent you a PM with my address.  Can I assume that the SSD will be loaded up with nothing but DSD X64 music?

Jan 12, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #4,092 of 4,655

I'd much appreciate it.  Just sent you a PM with my address.  Can I assume that the SSD will be loaded up with nothing but DSD X64 music?

DSD X64??? No No No it's up to DSD X1024 now...
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 12, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #4,094 of 4,655

Thank you for curing me of my ignorance!  Can I also assume that this includes the original recording of the voice of god?

You can hear crickets farting in the back lot outside the studio where the recording takes place.
biggrin.gif

Jan 12, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #4,095 of 4,655

You can hear crickets farting in the back lot outside the studio where the recording takes place.
biggrin.gif

Finally!  My insatiable need to hear more detail than was present in the recording will be fulfilled!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back