Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Sep 20, 2022 at 3:31 AM Post #34,112 of 36,135
Happy camper here with the FoKus pro! Used the custom EQ test and first of all discovered my hearing is aging, for which the EQ nicely compensates. Also used the test in my car for a different setting and at last some nice music while travelling without too much external noise interference. 🎉 A big thanks to Noble for this great sounding IEM and development! 🙏

Sep 20, 2022 at 6:58 AM Post #34,113 of 36,135
What’s the deal with Viking? Not on noble site? Why no buzz on sultan? Khan and encore from yester year year seem the cats meow. Just confused with universal evolution.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #34,114 of 36,135
This is truly helpful, I'm interested in the DXII, mostly because of its design. It looks gorgeous. Please share more about DXII with the stock cable.
Oh boy. I’m bad that way. I’m in the habit, in dx2 case largely unwarranted, of casting aside stock cables.
However, Dx2 stock cable is very nice, 8 wire, I believe, BUT…3.5 plug.
Which is the main reason I’ve ignored it.
Also, of the two other DDs I have, it seems to benefit least from higher gain, medium to high, for instance, ie sounds realized at med gain which, in the case of KMax, may still be more power than many daps.
Finally, stock cable I think is straight copper. The PW 7pipe is the highest copper-content cable I put on it which, as noted, tuned Dx2 most robustly.
This particular synergy may lead people to pigeonhole Dx2 as representative of a signature that it is, in fact, not limited to.
Unfortunately I’m away from home and can’t check for another few weeks.
Cheers

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:09 AM Post #34,115 of 36,135
Well, since i'd reached the point of no need for any more new IEMs, I kind of stopped the hunt. Until this evening when I accidentally ordered a Kublai Khan.

Sep 21, 2022 at 8:09 AM Post #34,116 of 36,135
Since the Kaiser Encore & Katana, I don't really fancy any new IEMs from Noble. Always love my Kaiser Encore and to me, alongside the Katana, they are the legendary Noble IEMs. I am happy to say the Viking Ragnar is a must buy IEM. It is phenomenal. Simply outstanding sonic performance from the Viking Ragnar that allows it to compete with the best the market has to offer.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #34,117 of 36,135
Since the Kaiser Encore & Katana, I don't really fancy any new IEMs from Noble. Always love my Kaiser Encore and to me, alongside the Katana, they are the legendary Noble IEMs. I am happy to say the Viking Ragnar is a must buy IEM. It is phenomenal. Simply outstanding sonic performance from the Viking Ragnar that allows it to compete with the best the market has to offer.
Feel same got encore hard to consider an upgrade from here, except rangar…. Except the price Is a little intimidating.

Sep 22, 2022 at 2:24 AM Post #34,119 of 36,135
Katana and Kaiser Encore are the Andromeda's of... Noble : instant classics, blessed by the gods of the very good tunings. 😇😉

Very difficult to beat, very easy to love.

But... Like the most beautiful women (or men, supercars... Lol 😋) : very demanding. 👌

Interested by the Viking Ragnar. 👉👍

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2022 at 2:48 AM Post #34,120 of 36,135
I probably missed this info but is the Viking Ragnar only gonna come in universal?
Yes and No

Basically a Sultan ciem is made on a case by case basis due to the size of the parts. We have to first analyze the ear mold impressions in order to determine if the potential buyer is a candidate for a ciem version of the sultan.

They are rare, but they do exist. There was even a ciem wood prestige version of the Viking built.
It is possible but maybe case by case or not at the moment.

Not too long ago Noble finally offer Sultan in CIEM format

Sep 22, 2022 at 5:32 AM Post #34,121 of 36,135
Finnally got to try the fokus h-anc last weekend and i gotta say im having a hard time not buying them even though i have the fokus pros. Sound wise their sound very simular idk i gotta go to the shop and have a proper listen again before buying but if anything 95% sure my wallet will be mad at me tomorrow when i go for a proper sound check my only complaint no multi point connection and no red color vairient considering red + blue =purple guess im getting the traditional blue

Sep 23, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #34,122 of 36,135
So I endup going to one of the shops i buy my gear and took another listen to the Fokus H ANC, if your looking for a cheaper alternaitive for a fokus pro then this is the tws to buy. Sound wise they are very simular with the anc jut a smugue bit behind then again its proabbly cause my eq settings that are being used. The app that is used for the fokus pros actually is used for the fokus h anc so if you own a pair of fokus pros what ever eq settings you set or didnt set are also used by the ancs. granted ive been having issues with my fokus pros where the google assitant would appear and turns off fokus pros for no reason which has really been getting my nerves no other tws i own does this and ancs dont seem to this either so im not sure what the issue is anyways back to the the anc. I still need to do some tip rolling but surprisingly the default ear tips rolls actually go well with these. after comparing the pros and anc again sound wise pros are still top notch when it comes to the overall expanding sound stage i seriously wish there were awired version of this. my verdict just on sound if the pros are 10 out 10 the ancs would be in a 8.5 out of 10.
features kinda of a no brainer the ancs take the cake.
Mr. Wizard I do have a suggestion going forward for future anc/feature included tws the pause play stuff can be done via touch controls volume maybe via swipe down up or soemthing. while anc/ ambiant noise can be done via a button at the top of the ear phone. I know master & dynamic and kenwood's recent tws have implimented soemthing like this. i found this hybryd control system very easy to use and less of a headache when you dont wanna use the app or cant really be bothered to go through your phone or dont remember the tap control combinations.
like i guess you could us tap is pause play
slide up or down controls volume
the buttons 2 sets on each earphone
1st set does previosu track and other does next track hold down does fast forward rewind
2nd set does the anc on off anbient noise on off

Sep 24, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #34,123 of 36,135
Any Kublai Khan owners find any sound change after some burn in?

Sep 24, 2022 at 8:28 PM Post #34,124 of 36,135

Hmmmm...I hope not. These sound incredible out of the box.

Sep 25, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #34,125 of 36,135
A bit of balancing out over the first 50 hours. Upper midrange cooled off a bit, mid-bass peeked out from behind the sub bass a bit and everything sounded just a tad more coherent. But it sounded excellent out of the box so the change was very minimal. It’s an intoxicating combination of smooth and deep and airy with just enough bite. One of the best soundstages I have heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back