Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Aug 30, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #34,096 of 36,116
1D5B37A9-2408-4A16-92BC-B8040CA069C3.jpeg

I usually listen to KK with DX300 w amp12W which is wonderful. KK also sounds great with Schiit Jot2/Bifrost 2/64 combo at work. I have tried my Ferrum/Spring KTE stack with KK and that is also great. I just tried for the first time the above next to the bed Schiit Gumby/MJ2 stack. Also a joy. Power is a KK friend but even my W2 dongle does the KK some justice.

But that said with DX300 I feel nothing is missing with KK and I still have portability versus the tether of a stack.

Sep 11, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #34,098 of 36,116
Does the kk pair better with a warmer or neutral source? Or is it a toss up
I love the KKs pairing with the ibasso DX320 (stock SS amp). It’s a DAP with great dynamics. I also like Kublai’s pairing with the SP2K cu that is a bit less colder sounding compared to DX320. Overall an all-rounder IEM that is not very fussy. It paired well even with my ALO pilot dongle !

Sep 11, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #34,099 of 36,116
I love the KKs pairing with the ibasso DX320 (stock SS amp). It’s a DAP with great dynamics. I also like Kublai’s pairing with the SP2K cu that is a bit less colder sounding compared to DX320. Overall an all-rounder IEM that is not very fussy. It paired well even with my ALO pilot dongle !
Thanks for you impressions! Do you have other IEMs to compare with?
Bought myself KK on Autumn sale in MusicTeck, looking forward to combine it with Venom cable and compare to Traillii and its stock cable.

Sep 12, 2022 at 1:19 AM Post #34,100 of 36,116
co
Thanks for you impressions! Do you have other IEMs to compare with?
Bought myself KK on Autumn sale in MusicTeck, looking forward to combine it with Venom cable and compare to Traillii and its stock cable.
cool let us know how it's like man

Sep 19, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #34,107 of 36,116
Haven’t read any impressions on DX II single DD, so thought I’d share some here.

Tried my gamut of tips, cables. Sticking with Spiral dot ++ for now.

Dx2 is pretty flexible as far as signature.

Have three PW cables I’ve been testing with it—four wire Loki, No.10, and that 7fold pipe four wire that’s a copper/silver hybrid (but not SPC) with more copper components than silver.

Dx2 is thickest, warmest, bassiest and most resonant with 7fold. Notwithstanding, it still manages to remain pretty separated in freqs with this cable but it’s too much going on for my taste.
Loki turns it in 180 degrees. Bass takes backseat, tonality becomes clear and crisp. Too little bass here, and Loki may not work with its strengths.
No.10 presents as somewhere between the other two—bass steps back up, regains resonance, and stays pretty even with treble sparkle. Stage is perhaps very slightly narrowed compared other two cables but tonal balance is worth it at a small sacrifice.

All this driven by Kann Max on high gain, balanced.
Lovely iem.
Cheers

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2022 at 1:40 AM Post #34,110 of 36,116
Haven’t read any impressions on DX II single DD, so thought I’d share some here.

Tried my gamut of tips, cables. Sticking with Spiral dot ++ for now.

Dx2 is pretty flexible as far as signature.

Have three PW cables I’ve been testing with it—four wire Loki, No.10, and that 7fold pipe four wire that’s a copper/silver hybrid (but not SPC) with more copper components than silver.

Dx2 is thickest, warmest, bassiest and most resonant with 7fold. Notwithstanding, it still manages to remain pretty separated in freqs with this cable but it’s too much going on for my taste.
Loki turns it in 180 degrees. Bass takes backseat, tonality becomes clear and crisp. Too little bass here, and Loki may not work with its strengths.
No.10 presents as somewhere between the other two—bass steps back up, regains resonance, and stays pretty even with treble sparkle. Stage is perhaps very slightly narrowed compared other two cables but tonal balance is worth it at a small sacrifice.

All this driven by Kann Max on high gain, balanced.
Lovely iem.
Cheers
This is truly helpful, I'm interested in the DXII, mostly because of its design. It looks gorgeous. Please share more about DXII with the stock cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back