Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 3, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #31,636 of 36,078
Hey all!

Super glad that you all picked up some of our newer (or older) offerings! We are mainly lookig for new reviews (and by extension, photos) of specifically the Tux 5 and M3.

Please let me know here in the thread once you do get a review posted (preferably on head-fi and any personal blog you may have.)

Thanks! Looking forward to your impressions, happy listening!

Dec 3, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #31,637 of 36,078
Following up on the tips discussion from earlier (my ear canals are small, none of the stock tips fit, etc), these https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B008NOHGN4 (generic soft tri-flange tips) arrived today, barely got them on the K10U but I put them in my ears and they're basically perfect and don't seem to be getting looser. The bass matches the best I ever got from comply. I'll see if my outer ear still gets sore from supporting the iem body, but these will be my preferred tips for the foreseeable future.

Dec 3, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #31,638 of 36,078
Hey all!

Super glad that you all picked up some of our newer (or older) offerings! We are mainly lookig for new reviews (and by extension, photos) of specifically the Tux 5 and M3.

Please let me know here in the thread once you do get a review posted (preferably on head-fi and any personal blog you may have.)

Sure thing, Sebastien! I'm planning to do a comparison between the Tux 5 and a few hybrids, such as the Solaris and the Z1R. I'm sure it'll be fun! :)

Dec 3, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #31,639 of 36,078
Sure thing, Sebastien! I'm planning to do a comparison between the Tux 5 and a few hybrids, such as the Solaris and the Z1R. I'm sure it'll be fun! :)
Looking forward for the comparison with Z1r. I had it and loved it, but that fit...

I will do a few comparison too, A12t, LX, Valkyrie and to make it fun Tin T4.

Dec 3, 2019 at 10:22 PM Post #31,640 of 36,078
Looking forward for the comparison with Z1r. I had it and loved it, but that fit...

I will do a few comparison too, A12t, LX, Valkyrie and to make it fun Tin T4.
Yeah, the Z1R isn't a small IEM, but the Solaris is worse. I have relatively big ears, but even I can't get the Solaris to stay in within me looking like an extra on the cast of Star Trek.

I heard the Valkyrie, and I think its a pretty good hybrid. To my ears, it's a lot better than the Wraith, which sounded very dark and muffled.

Dec 4, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #31,641 of 36,078
To the people who have tried & liked the M3, what do you think it does well? Would love to get some insight here.

Dec 4, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #31,642 of 36,078
20191204_151238.jpg

To the people who have tried & liked the M3, what do you think it does well? Would love to get some insight here.

substep.gif

tenor-1.gif

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Dec 4, 2019 at 3:34 AM Post #31,643 of 36,078
I'm also curious about it and it's new driver design.

Dec 4, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #31,644 of 36,078
Dec 4, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #31,645 of 36,078
Hey all!

Do you get FREE iem in exchange for our honest opinion?

Dec 4, 2019 at 4:34 AM Post #31,647 of 36,078
It plays well with a myriad genres - I tried them with dance, rock, pop and even some J-Pop. The M3 impressed me with each song/track. Mind you, I only had a short, 20+ min audition, but it was enough to convince me of its capabilities. I'm looking forward to trying the M3 again in the next Singapore CanJam.

Dec 4, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #31,649 of 36,078
Hey all!

Or, and do hear me out here

Moar Katana reviews

Dec 4, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #31,650 of 36,078
Hey all!

Ahh, sorry. I hadn't gotten that feel from the thread (that it was for "new stuff"). I had just assumed that all the comments on new offerings were just the trend "because they are new".

I wish there was a way to get my hands on an M3 to try it out. I was seriously considering getting it instead of the Dulce Bass because I have an interest in the idea of a hybrid driver design for the type of music I like. It's just that I have experience with the old Noble 3U, so I trusted the balanced armature experience Noble has. For a long time the thoughts "Noble does balanced armature right, so the Dulce Bass has got to be awesome" and "The Wizard knows what he's doing, so this new driver technology has to be good, or he wouldn't put it in the lineup" battled in my head. In the end I just decided to go with what I know. After all, I could EQ the Noble 3U to hit "hard enough" for my tastes, so a little help from the BA choices in the Dulce Bass were bound to be amazing.

People like me who have to save up for months just to get one of the "cheap" models are all probably going through the same thing when they can't actually find a place to test out the options that are available. My second issue is that it is painful to have to box something up and pay to send it back when it isn't something I like. I'm not sure what Noble Audio's return policy is, but most places make you pay the return shipping. So, I make decisions based on that problem, which means that I am much more likely to go with "tried and true" over "new and high-tech".

I mean, I guess Noble Audio has never been and likely never will be targeting mass market, so maybe this isn't a problem. On the other hand, it would make it much easier for me to make a decision if reviewers were to grab several examples of IEMs that are sort of similar in their target market and review them together. While I can't necessarily trust the reviewer's ears, I can take what they hear as differences and use that to sort of rank the options based on what it is that I want. The problem with the reviews (and especially for new products) is that a person who has an ear that hears things completely differently from mine and uses language that explains things in a way that they understand but that I am not necessarily going to understand is giving a review of a single product. It's like trying to explain all the wonderful things onions do for the taste of a burger because you love onions and then trying to convince me to like the burger with onions when they physically make me gag. I have to try to figure out what the reviewer likes before I can understand whether to trust their description.

I mean, this is an industry-wide issue, but maybe Noble could really become revolutionary and provide their reviewers with models of other companies' IEMs that Noble wants to compete with, and have the reviewers explain what the differences are between all of them. I personally think Noble would come out on top much of the time, and even when Noble isn't "the best" overall, there are people like me who are fine with an IEM that might be described by some people as a little veiled in the mids or in the highs but really hits hard in the lows (I honestly don't see it like that, btw). If there had been a really good comparison between the M3 and the Dulce Bass, I might be here loving on the new M3. I may even have been convinced to save up for a while longer to get the K10U (though I doubt it would really have been what I was looking for). All I really felt like I knew about the Dulce Bass, M3, and K10U was "It has tight, sweet bass, but isn't as clear and separated", "there are a couple of professional reviews, but nothing from the public", and "this is the best thing I have ever heard (from people who aren't bassheads)".

If I was able to write decent reviews (that is, reviews that focused on the things audiophiles care about; things of which I don't truly have a full understanding), I would bend over backwards to listen to all the IEMs you could send me, write a monster comparison review, and wouldn't mind having to send everything back. I would want to do it just so I could truly know what I wanted to save up for next. I would love to see a comparison between Noble's M3, Dulce Bass, and Tux5 along with other IEMs that supposedly bring the thunder, like the Fearless Audio Roland, Campfire Audio Jupiter, and Empire Ears Legend-X. Even if they all hit in different classes and Noble might lose between the M3 and the expensive IEMs, people will take price into their calculations. I have a feeling Noble hits high enough above their weight class that you would come out on top in enough minds to win in the market. Plus, it might help all of the companies avoid returns and competition in the second-hand market.

That said, I really am loving the Dulce Bass. Maybe when the Tux5 becomes "that old version" and I can afford it I will find a way to upgrade (though, by then no one will care what I have to say about it)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back