Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Aug 13, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #30,783 of 36,066
Thanks for your post, it is good to see our work appreciated around the globe.

The encore brass certainly is something special.

Yes Noble is reaching further into the cable area, as we offer Wagnus cables, a boutique cable designer in Japan. We also have an 8 core Noble cable that will be launched in a few weeks, it was shown in London and it is featured in that photo.

We hope to offer more cables in the future.

Any further info on a release date? I'm wondering if I can sneak in an order before my holiday... actually I'll be adding a t-shirt to the order and I'd reeeeeally like to be wearing that on holiday... :wink:

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #30,784 of 36,066
I’m pretty sure I’ve settled on this cable. Unless of course the new Noble knocks it off it’s perch of course!
F7EB957F-1F02-4010-B0C2-A46606A4DF00.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2019 at 3:30 AM Post #30,788 of 36,066
Fujiya Avic have them in stock according to their website. I believe they're in Tokyo, though.

Thanks. I’m seriously tempted to order a custom pair, but I’d love to actually hear them first. Although I used to have a set of Katanas, and loved that sound. Only got rid of them because my left ear is shaped weird and they were never quite comfy....

Aug 14, 2019 at 3:42 AM Post #30,789 of 36,066
Thanks. I’m seriously tempted to order a custom pair, but I’d love to actually hear them first. Although I used to have a set of Katanas, and loved that sound. Only got rid of them because my left ear is shaped weird and they were never quite comfy....
If I can chime in, the two are similar in the sense that they're both quite bass light and have exceptional vocals/mids, but imo the presentation of the sound is completely different. The Khan is quite a bit more exaggerated and as such sounds more technically impressive. The Katana is more of a reference imo, uncoloured, extremely accurate (but not massive) soundstage, good detail retrieval but not excessive - the separation is also really good as its enough to be able to tell apart each and every instrument, but again - nothing exaggerated or excessive. As it has been said in this thread before, the Katana is a polite, clean IEM.

It kinda depends on what you loved in the Katana and if that will be able to translate to the Khan. When I heard them I really liked the Khan, but the Katana was an instant match for me, and now it's become my co-favourite IEM (I prefer it to both the U18t and the Noir), tied with the FiR Audio M5.

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #30,790 of 36,066
If I can chime in....

It kinda depends on what you loved in the Katana and if that will be able to translate to the Khan. When I heard them I really liked the Khan, but the Katana was an instant match for me, and now it's become my co-favourite IEM (I prefer it to both the U18t and the Noir), tied with the FiR Audio M5.

Thanks for your opinion. It’s been a couple years, but what I remember about the Katana was that it was clean, pure, and detailed, without being fatiguing or clinical.

I’ve already got a pair of “fun” iems in my UM Maverick IIs, and I’m looking for something more neutral/reference.

Maybe I should hold off and let myself hear it before deciding between the Khan and the Katana. Either way, I’ve decided it’s time to stop putzing around and get a custom pair.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2019 at 4:26 AM Post #30,791 of 36,066
Thanks for your opinion. It’s been a couple years, but what I remember about the Katana was that it was clean, pure, and detailed, without being fatiguing or clinical.

I’ve already got a pair of “fun” iems in my UM Maverick IIs, and I’m looking for something more neutral/reference.

Maybe I should hold off and let myself hear it before deciding between the Khan and the Katana. Either way, I’ve decided it’s time to stop putting around and get a custom pair.
The thought of a custom Katana is also making its way deeper and deeper into my mind - I love the universal both in terms of looks and sound but a Wizard design is definitely on the bucket list.... Thinking dark green shell with a "tree of life" glow in the dark logo on one side and something with a "death" theme on the other

Imo the Katana is more reference than the Khan - they're both relatively neutral as there aren't any frequencies that are obviously elevated, but imo the Katana sounds more realistic than the Khan

Aug 14, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #30,792 of 36,066
A custom Khan sounds really interesting - I feel like it’d make up for some of its lower frequency shortcomings.

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #30,793 of 36,066
A custom Khan sounds really interesting - I feel like it’d make up for some of its lower frequency shortcomings.
More bass would really mess up the Khan's sound sig imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back