Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 15, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #29,926 of 36,040
It would be a great shame if Noble was not in London again. You were missed last year. Perhaps Gisele might be able to bring some demo units? It would be a big ask of her. Maybe I could help out...

I heard from Jim, he may make it to the event. I desperately need more time in the lab.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 16, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #29,928 of 36,040
Hey folks, I just published my coverage of CanJam Singapore 2019 on TheHeadphoneList.com. There, I managed to meet the Noble team and listen to the all-new Savant II, which became one of my absolute favourites at the show. Here's an excerpt from the article:

Noble Audio

Noble Audio were present at the event, showcasing their flagship Khan and the all-new Savant II. It was a pleasure to meet the Moulton brothers, along with the Wizard’s partner Joy, whose artisan faceplates have been making the rounds online. I did not listen to the Khan at the event, as I’ve covered them previously here. But, I did hear the Savant II – the successor to Savant and (I assume) Sage – which ended up becoming one of my clear favourites at CanJam SG 2019.

Noble Audio Savant II:
Having heard both the original Savant and the Sage, I was very, very impressed with what the Savant II brought to the table. Most notably, it succeeds where I felt the other two tended to falter: Bass extension and physicality. The Savant II offers a dense, meaty and impactful low-end with excellent body, presence and physicality. It’s not a basshead IEM by any means, but it can deliver in spades if the track calls for it. This transitions to the midrange; emotive, nuanced and natural in tone. Instruments possess a genuine sense of depth that effectively conveys dynamics and drama when listening to powerful balladeers. But, also in the Savant II’s arsenal are clarity and air, which emphasise the tiny nuances in simpler arrangements. It’s truly a vibrant, organic and technically-refined response for all genres.

The treble possesses a wonderful balance between body and cut. Clarity and articulation are strong, but the timbre of the top-end comes through as well. When listening to drummers strike ride cymbals and hi-hats, those hits carry weight, and the tone of those instruments come through as well – rather than coming across as crisp, one-dimensional wraiths. The transition between the midrange and treble is superbly done as well, so instruments with a higher range of pitch maintain coherence as they move up the scale. The low-treble may barely inch towards glare with certain recordings, but it consistently stops before ever becoming brittle, honky or harsh. As a result of top-end extension, definition across the board is impressive too. Stage size may not be spectacular, but the stability and nuance it sports is. Graceful balance and refined skill have made the Savant II a natural-sounding, versatile performer – ideal for all genres and listeners too.

And, I'm also glad to announce that the Savant II has brought home an award from the Singapore 2019 edition of The Headphone List's CanJam Cup! It's one of three awardees (and the most affordable one too :wink:) of the Do-All Good-All category given to the most charming, versatile and musical in-ears at the show. Congratulations Noble! :D

Noble Audio’s Savant II was one of the very last in-ears I heard at the show, and it ended up becoming one of the most surprising as well. Having been unmoved by Noble Audio’s previous duals, the Savant II possessed qualities that shook my ears out of their worn, almost-fugue state. The first of which was bass extension. Then, it was the emotionality and vibrance of the midrange. Whether it be electric guitars or soprano songstresses, the Savant II was capable of delivering the sweet and the dramatic. From Lucy Rose’s light, wispy falsettos to Incognito’s bravura horns, the Savant II delivered it all with naturalness, dynamism and headroom. Although Khan sits atop, I think this will be Noble’s dark horse in 2019.

Amazing write-up! Couldn't resist myself and ordered a pair from the Noble website.

Apr 16, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #29,934 of 36,040
Lol, I guess I should have said welcome BACK?

I never really left. I've always kept an eye on this thread even though I rarely post. The Khans are the first new IEM that have prompted a desire to upgrade. I've had the Khan in my cart umpteen times before bottling it and removing them, the problem is that I still haven't fallen out of love with the K10U.

Apr 16, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #29,935 of 36,040
In general, you shouldn't have any problems with third-party cables, unless the pins are too big and you're trying to force them to fit together. With that said, if you're the cautious type, you could always stick with Noble's official cables.
First thing for
In general, you shouldn't have any problems with third-party cables, unless the pins are too big and you're trying to force them to fit together. With that said, if you're the cautious type, you could always stick with Noble's official cables.
Thanks for the advice, bro. First thing first. Now, Khan in 'burn-in mode'.

Apr 16, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #29,936 of 36,040
FYI all on our announcement for our partnership with Wagnus is now LIVE!

You can find details in the accessories section of our site for the three cables when you hover your mouse over them!

If any of you decide to pull the trigger, please post your impressions up!

Apr 16, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #29,937 of 36,040
I never really left. I've always kept an eye on this thread even though I rarely post. The Khans are the first new IEM that have prompted a desire to upgrade. I've had the Khan in my cart umpteen times before bottling it and removing them, the problem is that I still haven't fallen out of love with the K10U.

How about welcome back to the family again? That's my final offer. :deadhorse: I heard a lot of WOW at Axpona from people listening to the Khan.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #29,938 of 36,040
How about welcome back to the family again? That's my final offer. :deadhorse: I heard a lot of WOW at Axpona from people listening to the Khan.

Well I hope I'll be no different.

Question though, I've been using Comply 500 foam tips with my K10U and N4, is the bore size on the Khan the same size and will the T-500 fit?

Apr 16, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #29,939 of 36,040
Well I hope I'll be no different.

Question though, I've been using Comply 500 foam tips with my K10U and N4, is the bore size on the Khan the same size and will the T-500 fit?

I cant say if the T500's would fit, never tried, but I cant see them not being able to be put on. A girl at the show uses spin fit dual flange and I put them on the Khan for her to test, she was the first one to buy them over the weekend at Axpona. You also get people using their own tips and I never had one say I cant get these on. Also you get a good selection of foam and silicon tips with the Khan, maybe you get one you like.

Apr 16, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #29,940 of 36,040
Cool, I still have a stash of T-500s as they tend to have a finite life. The silicon ones tend to walk out of my ears once they've been in a while. Possibly the Comply Smartcore might be the way to go looking at the profile of Khan's bore and the Smartcore cross section. Something to worry about nearer the time though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back