Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 13, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #28,861 of 36,064
@hotdog108 @Watagump

Literally. I'm trying to build more professional experience in marketing, social media, and public relations as I have a year and a half of school left. Currently already running stuff for an organization that has 850k on FB/250k on insta.

I would assist @FullCircle in anything related to social media if he needed it just for the chance to get a dip into the professional side of this world. Despite my dream being in film and television production, the world of HiFi would be a niche market I'd love to get into since it's the other passion of mine but have no idea where to start.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #28,862 of 36,064
@hotdog108 @Watagump

Literally. I'm trying to build more professional experience in marketing, social media, and public relations as I have a year and a half of school left. Currently already running stuff for an organization that has 850k on FB/250k on insta.

I would assist @FullCircle in anything related to social media if he needed it just for the chance to get a dip into the professional side of this world. Despite my dream being in film and television production, the world of HiFi would be a niche market I'd love to get into since it's the other passion of mine but have no idea where to start.

PM sent

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Dec 14, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #28,863 of 36,064
I am doing some bass testing right now using my CD rip I just made of the USAC SPL Shooutout CD I use to use in car audio demos and SPL competitions. The Khans are absolutely tearing this stuff up with bass, AMAZING. If the track has it, these bad boys produce some seriously good clean low thumping bass. I loaded tracks 1-13 on my AK player, I didn't load any white or pink noise or sweeps etc. If I get to CanJam with this stuff people are going to have a blast testing these tracks. I am not going to be responsible for the after testing headaches. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

https://www.amazon.com/Spl-Shootout-Official-U-S-Competition/dp/B000001SCF

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #28,866 of 36,064
Thanks for the replies and tips on how to protect my IEMs! Also good to know that internals are unlikely to be damaged.

I'll look at the Van Nuys cases if the CA mesh bag doesn't work out for some reason. I also ordered a CA leather IEM case just to be safe.

Unfortunately the Pelican case that came with my Nobles is just too large for me, I need something that fits in my pocket, hence the Westone case in the first place.

Now it'd be nice if it was March already... :L3000:

If you're still looking for a case that prevents IEMs from banging against each other, try Dignis Arca. This case has separate compartments for your IEMs and I don't see anyone else with a case like this.

Dec 15, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #28,868 of 36,064
I found a major flaw with the Khan's, I only have one set to make you all jealous, if I had 2 then it would be even higher amount of jelly. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Given how often you damaged you IEMs, you certainly need 2 sets :p
Glad that you enjoying your Khans so much!!

Dec 15, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #28,869 of 36,064
I found a major flaw with the Khan's, I only have one set to make you all jealous, if I had 2 then it would be even higher amount of jelly. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I want to upgrade from the 10K's to the Wizards latest magic. I don't get on well with universals. Would you say that the Encore was enough of an upgrade to be worthwhile, or if I want the cutting edge do I have to persevere with universals and go with the Khan?

Dec 15, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #28,871 of 36,064
I want to upgrade from the 10K's to the Wizards latest magic. I don't get on well with universals. Would you say that the Encore was enough of an upgrade to be worthwhile, or if I want the cutting edge do I have to persevere with universals and go with the Khan?

I never got a good fit with the other universals, this one, I put them in and its just like my customs, they don't move. I would choose the Khan, the Encore is a smaller upgrade, if you are like me, the Khan might work being a universal. Granted, they don't isolate like a custom does, but once music is playing it doesn't matter, you only hear the music.

Dec 15, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #28,872 of 36,064
I never got a good fit with the other universals, this one, I put them in and its just like my customs, they don't move. I would choose the Khan, the Encore is a smaller upgrade, if you are like me, the Khan might work being a universal. Granted, they don't isolate like a custom does, but once music is playing it doesn't matter, you only hear the music.
Ok, so I know you are the master of short (and I mean short:ksc75smile:) reviews, but can you give us a comparison of characteristics vs your K10's? Thanks man!

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #28,873 of 36,064
Ok, so I know you are the master of short (and I mean short) reviews, but can you give us a comparison of characteristics vs your K10's? Thanks man!

The K10 and Encore are a fuller sound, mostly due to the more prevalent bass. The Khan have taken the clarity of the Katana along with a bigger sound stage over the K10. Its kind of a combination of the reference sound of the Katana and more bass in the sub region from the Dynamic driver. Its cleaner, more detailed and more natural than the K10. I guess the best way to sum it up, its the K10katanacore, a blend of them all taken to a higher level. I have not grabbed my K10 and even tried them out in days now, I now prefer the Khan.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #28,874 of 36,064
The K10 and Encore are a fuller sound, mostly due to the more prevalent bass. The Khan have taken the clarity of the Katana along with a bigger sound stage over the K10. Its kind of a combination of the reference sound of the Katana and more bass in the sub region from the Dynamic driver. Its cleaner, more detailed and more natural than the K10. I guess the best way to sum it up, its the K10katanacore, a blend of them all taken to a higher level. I have not grabbed my K10 and even tried them out in days now, I now prefer the Khan.
Here's an interesting thought experiment. Do my a favour. Go back to the K10 and actively try to find something about them that you enjoy that the Khans don't do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back